No announcement yet.

2017 baseball thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On watching it you could safely assume it would be out if he caught it, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered wrecking his ribcage going for it.

Comment

Contreras is playing a blinder. Even that error was a great throw.

Comment

Whew.

Comment

Fly the W

Davis always makes one sweat a bit.

Comment

The next home run the Orioles hit will be #10,000 in franchise history.

edit: Never mind. Tim Beckham hit it already.
            Last edited by jefe; 06-08-2017, 02:17.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              He was supposed to be the white A-Rod when he was in Denver. The only knock on him was that he was injury-prone.

It hasn't really turned out that way, alas (though he is still injury-prone).
              Don't think it's been mentioned, but Tulo's been out again for the past week or so with a seriously messed up ankle ligament. He hit the bag at first at a horrible angle and twisted it all to hell. It'll be a long one, I suspect.

Comment

Best 50 game stretch in over 100 years.

Comment

A lot of good that did the 1912 Giants in the postseason

Comment

Which is why I'd like the season to end today so we can just get the postseason over with.

Not sure if ESPN juices the mics somehow, but the sound that Cody Bellinger's homer made last night sounded like something out of combat:

https://streamable.com/1nt6e

Comment

Maybe. But he really hit that on the screws, as they say.

Comment

It sounded far less earth-shattering from the crowd:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXecr6zl...UGE3lh26JTvI0/

Comment

And Tulo's done for the season. $20 million back sitting on the bench. Thankfully Donaldson has suddenly remembered how to hit.

Comment

Great end to the Yankees Red Sox game. Boston imploded when 3-0 up in the 8th. Yankees put 5 on, bring in Chapman, who walks the bases loaded with no outs. Boston get a sac fly, but get doubled up, with a bit of shit running to 3rd. Chapman holds on, Yankees win 5-4.

Comment

Padres managed to beat the Dodgers last night. Hahaha

Comment

I'd like to ask for help from the otfers.

Last night the Boston Red Sux hit a homer to tie it in the 9th off of Chapman, then won it in the 10th, thus putting the beloved Yankees back 5 1/2 games from Boston.

I would hope everyone start a prayer chain for the Yanks. We really need it, and I know the Yankees will always be in your hearts. We also cannot afford to lose ONE game to the Schmets. So please include that in any prayer bomb.

Thank you.

Comment

JV, last evening

Comment

Reverse trolling aside...

I mean, is that the greatest Twitter video of all time?

Comment

Definitely up there.

One could easily write pages of film analysis.

I hear that Cahiers du Cinema is considering a special issue.

Comment

Utterly amazing.

It is immaculate.

I mean if it was Game 7 of the ACLS, but then you'd have at least 1,456 of those vids.

I've thought that if there is a Heaven, it will essentially be a video store of everyone's life.

Somewhere, you'd ask for the greatest reaction to Bucky Dent.

It would top this, but we're talking percentage points.

Comment

I was at the Bucky Dent game
                                          I'm glad there's no video

Comment

Old school Cubs game this afternoon.

9-0 Cincinnati in the 2nd

9-9 going to the top of the 6th.

Comment

Bugger

Ends 13-10 Reds

Comment

Bugger

Ends 13-10 Reds
                                                Typical. I haven't checked recently, but the Reds are on pace to have one the worst, if not the worst, rotation in NL history.

Comment

Old school Cubs game this afternoon.

9-0 Cincinnati in the 2nd

9-9 going to the top of the 6th.
                                                  Ah, I get a bit misty at the auld Phils-Cubbies pitchers duels of the 80s and 90s.

Comment

So what does everyone think? Dodgers certs to win the World Series? Or will they blow it?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X