NFL 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL 2016

The only upside of Pats victory will be for Chris Hogan, who played lacrosse at Penn State - not football at all, just lacrosse. He was good at that, but not that good - and then played a year of football at Monmouth in graduate school and then made it into the NFL by going to a bunch of try-outs and getting cut a few times. He had a good few years with the Bills, but then Rex - another Trumpista - stupidly let him go.

The only upside of a Falcons victory would be that the Pats lose. And that their uniforms are infinitely better than the Pats'. That is all. There's nothing good about that owner or that city, as far as I can tell. Matt Ryan seems like an ok guy, I suppose. I can't be sure.

I generally love New England, but to me, the Pats represent everything bad about New England.

Comment

NFL 2016

Cracking coke commercial with a massive "fuck you Trump" for good measure.

Comment

NFL 2016

Bush looks like he could drop dead doing the coin toss. That would be good TV.

Comment

NFL 2016

Blow me, someone's scored at last, a few minutes into the second quarter. It's gone the right way, too.

7-0 Falcons, who a few minutes later are playing better and have the momentum right now. Long may it continue.

14-0! Beautiful.

Comment

NFL 2016

The Atlanta defence are so far on top that they are now knocking down passes that their DBs were poised to intercept. If this was Boxing, the ref would have already stopped it to avert further punishment.

Comment

NFL 2016

Sustained Patriots pressure, aided by Falcons defensive infringements for holding on 3rd down, twice. Three times. Then they cycle right back through the downs yet again, and this time it's a brilliant interception and 82-yard touchdown for the Falcons! 21-0 heading toward half-time.

Field goal for New England. And that's half-time. Let's go Gaga, as it were.

Comment

NFL 2016

As a Born Again Who Dat, I can't bear to see Hotlanta win.

But at least I'll cheer for the Muslim kid from my alma-mater.

Like I said, my high school won 9 games during the entire 80s, with 5 of them coming in one miracle year when I was a Sophomore. My first gridiron memory was my dad taking me to the Thanksgiving game against North Brunswick (Tim Howard's HS,) and sitting there in a 41-0 loss. I asked my dad if the other team was allowed to score that much.

The thought of South Brunswick winning a few state titles, and having a kid win a Super Bowl, was about as unthinkable a proposition as any.

Comment

NFL 2016

That said, the Ravens were up 21-6 at the half, then scored the kickoff return to make it 28-6 before the Beyonce Outage.

Lil' Harbaugh is still holding his wrist while bobbing up and down.

(Not to mention, the Seahawks being up 24-14 into the 4th quarter on the Patties.)

This one is not over, despite Atlanta blowing just about every team out.

Atlanta gets the kickoff.

Comment

NFL 2016

Well, this beats the shit out of Coldplay.

Comment

NFL 2016

Can't believe I'm pulling for Atlanta either, but you know, Anyone But (New) England...

Comment

NFL 2016

Hahahahahaha

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Angry-Kirk-Cousins-shoves-volunteer-referee-during-charity-football-game.html?mobi=true

Comment

NFL 2016

"Ironically, Brady looks deflated."

Priceless.

Comment

NFL 2016

Pretty ironic that Belichek is the one who lobbied for the extra point to be moved back.

28-9 on the upright clanger.

Comment

NFL 2016

Trump left his Stupor Bowl party early (a mess!) Sad!

Comment

NFL 2016

FFS

Comment

NFL 2016

So, the opposing team only get a chance to equalise if it's a field goal, in overtime?

Comment

NFL 2016

Well, at least these people are happy...

http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/massachusetts/

...and these people are not...

http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/georgia/

Gero- Yes. It's the Bret Favre rule. They changed it after the Saints beat him in OT after they won the coin toss, threw 1 or 2 passes, then kicked the field goal to win in '09.

Speaking of which...

WHO DAT

Comment

NFL 2016

Gisele's Selfiebration

Comment

NFL 2016

There are few sports I care less about than NFL football. And I really couldn't care less who won, except that I didn't want it to be Cheaty Pants Trumpsucker Brady's team. So if I feel this grumpy after that loss, I can only imagine how people who actually give a fuck feel.

Comment

NFL 2016

That was extraordinary. I've never seen such a choke in a single-game final. To me, it still isn't as bad as the Warriors up 3-1, but it's damn close.

Tevin Coleman going out was key, I thought. When he went out, I then really started to think that the Falcons would blow it. Freeman can't carry the team all on his own. Credit the Patriots secondary for mostly shutting Jones and Sanu down for the second half. It's a shame that incredible Jones reception was immediately nullified by the Falcons' committing penalties, and Ryan getting sacked.

The Falcons also called the game horribly. 3rd and 1. Run the damn ball! They also shot themselves in the foot a lot with the penalties.

Comment

NFL 2016

I don't believe this. Only just caught up with the final result. I bailed out a few moments into the second half, as it was gone 1:30am and I couldn't stay awake for another two hours. That the Falcons were 21-3 up and in control looked pretty much good enough for me.

Sorry everyone, it's all my fault.

Comment

NFL 2016

Kyle Shanahan was obviously inspired by the Seahawks goalline offense.

What is amazing that in the 7 Super Bows in the Bradychick era, this was the biggest blowout.

Pats by 3
                                              Pats by 3
                                              Pats by 3
                                              Giants by 3
                                              Giants by 4
                                              Pats by 4
                                              Pats by 6.

Comment

NFL 2016

Don't worry VA, that's just Brady. OF COURSE he would be the one with the biggest comeback in SB history.

Karma has repaid the Helmet Catch.

Comment

NFL 2016

Re: Worst Chokes of All Time

For me, the 2009 Memphis-Kansas game (Memphis up 9 points with 2:00 to play) and 2011 Rangers-Cardinals (2 run leads in 2 different extra innings) were worse.

You had to expect that Brady was going to make a run. And like I said at halftime, it wasn't far off from the Niners - Ravens halftime score. This was obviously the worst Super Bowl choke by far, though I would place the Oilers-Bills as the worst NFL playoff choke of all time.

Comment

NFL 2016

jason voorhees wrote: Don't worry VA, that's just Brady. OF COURSE he would be the one with the biggest comeback in SB history.
                                                    Cheers JV, I can only say I'm glad I didn't keep myself awake for another two hours through the wee small hours to witness that shit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X