No announcement yet.

<subs: insert title here> : County Cricket 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/CountyChamp/status/1525459084073484288?s=20&t=qXpfW3MsYEGKO8C3Uqkf_Q

Comment

And he got a direct hit in the field. What a guy.

Comment

Essex win the toss and elect to bat against Lancashire.

Dane Vilas has now lost 20 out of 23 tosses over the last two seasons as Lancashire captain. Shocking record.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
          The updated race to 1000 runs.

1 (+2) Masood 826
          2 (+2) Brook 758
          3 (-2) Dickson 750
          4 (-2) Pujara 720
          5 (=) Compton 670
          6 (+1) Malan 528
          7 (-1) Madsen 517
          8 (=) Haines 514
          9 (+1) Duckett 496
          10 (NE) Lees 490

There's a reason why this has happened so infrequently, and it's looking like it will need an exceptional match from Masood, Brook, Dickson or Compton now. Pujara surely won't get another bat before the end of May, and it'd be something extraordinary for anyone below them to make it.

Dickson isn't playing for Durham, so he's out. Masood and Compton both batting now. Yorkshire are bowling.

Comment

Masood out for 18.

Looking good for Graeme Hick to keep his record a bit longer.

Comment

Good to see Rehan Ahmed playing for Leicestershire today (as well as Archie Lenham taking some wickets for Sussex last week).

Comment

Groundhog Day for Leicestershire

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                  Groundhog Day for Leicestershire
                  Sigh

Comment

Oh Masood

Comment

And so it ends, not with a bang, but with a celebrappeal.

Comment

Lancashire getting a real towelling by Essex at Old Trafford.

Comment

Somerset are weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post

Dickson isn't playing for Durham, so he's out. Masood and Compton both batting now. Yorkshire are bowling.
                            In the end, none of them got to. 900. Compton finished on 870, Masood 844 and Brook 840.

Comment

Middlesex going at 15 an over at Radlett in the Blast.

I hadn't retaliated that Radlett was on Thameslink (their website does not mention this fact).

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Middlesex going at 15 an over at Radlett in the Blast.

I hadn't retaliated that Radlett was on Thameslink (their website does not mention this fact).
                                Retaliated?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Retaliated?
                                  Realised

It has been a very multi tasking day

Comment

Derbyshire 2nds v Yorkshire 2nds at Chesterfield.

In the last over of the Derbyshire innings, Wharton bowled three consecutive wides and then took a hat trick with the three extra balls.
                                    Last edited by Big Boobs and FIRE!; 27-05-2022, 13:06.

Comment

First Vitality of the season at the Oval. I feel I'm always watching Glamorgan here.

Comment

A close game. Usual, after work drinks atmosphere and the place was only a third to half full at best.
                                        The most noise was for Glamorgan mistakes (and they made a few).

Comment

Dubious end to the Roses T20 game, with Brook being fired off by the umpire from a delivery that would have struggled to hit a second set. But at least he continued his ridiculous run of form, he's surely got to start next Thursday.

Comment

It sounds pretty certain that Brook won't be in the starting XI, barring an injury.

Compton scored another century to pass 1000 red ball runs before the end of May, but the First Class Counties game vs NZ was not first class. Fortunately, for the tourists who lost by 7 wickets after Jamie Porter ripped through their top order in the second innings.

There are some very strong Blast sides this season, possibly stronger looking than the Hundred franchises.

Comment

The guardian had no coverage of the first round of blast games, nor of the Charlotte Edwards Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                                A close game. Usual, after work drinks atmosphere and the place was only a third to half full at best.
                                                The most noise was for Glamorgan mistakes (and they made a few).
                                                I suspected sales were poor due to the amount of marketing I saw for the match. That must be a worry because Friday night T20 at The Oval has previously been a very solid seller.

Would normally make it myself but was taking my wife out for a pre-birthday treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                                  The guardian had no coverage of the first round of blast games, nor of the Charlotte Edwards Cup
                                                  Yet I'm sure they'll be hammering the fucking hundred farce.

Comment

https://twitter.com/legsidelizzy/status/1532809524452663297?s=21&t=n33seP6oWshPOZnnsKhs6g

Comment

Working...
                                                    X