No announcement yet.

Is This Your Celebrated Summer? - International Cricket in England 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I find the floodlights so irritating? The rose shape just annoys me.

Comment

Naturally it's England's leg spin that's getting them ahead.

Comment

Mahmood has been the breakout player in this team for me and deserves a place in the first team squad

Comment

Without a doubt. He did well in the PSL didn't he?

Comment

Leading wicket taker at 18.1

Comment

Forty years ago today one I T Botham was becoming a legend at Headingley.

Comment

India managing to play games simultaneously in Colombo and Chester-le-Street

Comment

They also have two players in the opposition:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...777353116.html

Comment

Well this has been very good. It could still go either way

Comment

Tremendous. Eoin Morgan’s enduring class really is something to behold

Comment

It's interesting to note that today is the anniversary of the first day of the 2005 ashes, in comparison to anniversary of the 1981 3rd test above.

Comment

https://twitter.com/CaribCricket/status/1421361596278968322

This seems like too many teams, even of they are semi-pro

Comment

Even if they only play teams in their division that seems like a lot of travelling in some cases. Michigan Houston for example and Seattle San Diego

Comment

It's a weird competition.

You play everyone in your division home and away and three other teams in your conference, but there are only 11 venues with turf wickets.

All the matches are on weekends so that players can get off work, but it isn't clear who is bearing the travel costs.

The Manhattan team are playing in a public park in Brooklyn. Empire State are playing in a public park on the Queens-Nassau County border.
                              Last edited by ursus arctos; 31-07-2021, 08:18.

Comment

New England Eagles appear to play in all kinds of locales, although nothing is clear: their website has lots of Lorem Ipsum still on it, and you click match "details" and get a scorecard from England v NZ. It's going to be hard to find out where to go and watch a match. The San Diego team seem to play at public baseball diamonds near Penasquitos Canyon where I've seen a couple of great big rattlesnakes - I wouldn't go looking for too many balls that got hit out of the park...

Comment

The League website has the Eagles playing at a public park in Hartford and "Boston TBD"

Comment

I was rather confused when I first looked at their site and saw Chicago vs St Louis as the first match listed under "Pacific Conference".
                                    Around here, East Bay Blazers play in Santa Clara (?), whereas Silicon Valley Strikers play in Morgan Hill.

Comment

https://twitter.com/qmanbad/status/1421862132044423174?s=21

Comment

West Indies never used to play cricket in storm season but these are desperate times.

Comment

First test of the England India series starts today. Root wins the toss and will bat (yet England don't pick a spinner. Mind you India have left Ashwin out, so obviously both sides don't see much spin in the wicket). Can't see beyond India for this with England in seeming disarray, but we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                            First test of the England India series starts today. Root wins the toss and will bat (yet England don't pick a spinner. Mind you India have left Ashwin out, so obviously both sides don't see much spin in the wicket). Can't see beyond India for this with England in seeming disarray, but we'll see
                                            Well that's started well.

Comment

I did rather have this fear when I imagined what passes for England's top 3 facing Bumrah and Ishant, in overcast English conditions.

Just wondering now if they can avoid Root coming in after 2 overs.

Comment

After all the positivity of the Olympics, it's reassuring to get back to grumbling about our batting.

Comment

They didn't even pick Ishant.

Comment

England haven't won, and barely played, a Test at Trent Bridge since the famous Broad-inspired Ashes-clincher in 2015. Going to form so far.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X