No announcement yet.

March Madness 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly shocked that UCLA didn't collapse after that shot. They're playing like I haven't seen a UCLA team since the 2006-08 run. Would have never imagined that we'd be in the Elite Eight.

USC are scary. I think Gonzaga are in for a really tough game. I can see USC messing around and winning the whole damn thing, which gives me nightmares.

Comment

The interesting thing about USC is that they seem to have a lot of players who can play inside and can hit the three. The really dominated Oregon, who looked excellent in their last game. I haven't seen Oregon State yet but have seen the other teams. I think all of these games should be fun. Given the turnaround time fitness is going to be huge.

Comment

USC are only allowed to win basketball titles if Cheryl Miller is on the team

Comment

But what if Cheryl Miller is actually a relative of Percy Miller and when Master P brought or bought a scholarship for Lil' Romeo he actually set in motion the unholy machinations of USC's basketball program winning a title?!!! AOOOOOW OOOOOOOW!!!! (Sam Kinison Scream)

(I can watch Lil' Romeo's USC highlight video for hours....a dunk or two during practice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssrGxNZXrZc )

Comment

Don't make me send Spike Lee down there

Comment

Top seeds won out tonight. I started the Houston-Oregon State game just after the second half. They were getting clobbered. Put a frozen pizza in the microwave, then in the toaster oven, came back and the game was close. The bid difference between college basketball and the NBA I guess.

Baylor never really seemed threatened.

Comment

Oof, Gonzaga made USC look extremely average. So now either UCLA loses tonight, or they face the juggernaut from Spokane.

Comment

I've never been so happy and at the same time feel like I need to throw up

Comment

Ha! Big time congrats. Enjoy the moment- all the pressure is on the zags. Very well played by the Bruins.

Comment

Look.

Michigan didn't want that shit. They wanted nothing to do with that shit.

Uck-Luh did. They went out and won the game. Johnny Juzang said "let's win this shit," and that team won that shit.

So the Zags make it look easy. So did Michigan.

Poor USC was dribbling the ball, saw that ref fall down like a rag doll who took quaaludes before getting hit by Tyson, and they took that as a hoodoo voodoo hex.

Uck-Luh made the hoodoo voodoo hexes.

You got this.

I'm cheering for MacD 35's Al Jarreau, tho.

Comment

USC just fell apart. They looked nothing like the team that had played up to this point. Gonzaga had a lot to do with that, but SC just could not hold the ball, make the right pass, make an easy shot. A real mess.

When the Michigan point guard was taking that last shot (what should have been the last shot), I knew UCLA had the win. That guy seemed like a weak link. And I can't see how Michigan wasn't called for a foul with .5 left. Yeah, it was off the Bruin but he was being mauled. Well, Inca, my feeling is that it is always worth it to keep going. Gonzaga might do the business against you but better to lose in a 1/2 final than in the elite 8. And you guys are playing well. No reason why you can't hand them their first loss.

Comment

Please UCLA-Zags I can't have Kenneth Starr's new alma mater winning it.

Comment

Best college game of the century so far? Unbelievable. I can't complain about the result, all you can do is tip your hat when Gonzaga plays like that. A #11 seed that had to play in the First Four made the undefeated #1 team in the country win on a buzzer beater in overtime.

Comment

That was a crazy game. Two mistakes by Bruins in big moments: that last play in regulation was nuts. I get trying to draw the foul but the Bruin (don't know his name) was running like a toddler walks--looked drunk. Then after that big basket to tie with 3 seconds, the Bruins were all bunched up running back together. But still, that was a huge shot that fits in with some exciting last second shots in big games.

Sorry you guys didn't get to the final, Inca.

Comment

Wow. that was the greatest college game I have ever seen. I know that means nothing to you Inca. Major commiserations. Zero shame for UCLA, they played their guts out. Suggs and Timme are major studs.

Comment

Definitely best game since Puke-Kentucky.

Juzang's putback had me screaming HFS....until 3.3 seconds later.

Please Zags. No Kenneth Starr's or Chip Joannas or RG3's winning this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                                    Wow. that was the greatest college game I have ever seen. I know that means nothing to you Inca. Major commiserations. Zero shame for UCLA, they played their guts out. Suggs and Timme are major studs.
                                    I wouldn't say that, I'm so proud of this team. I wouldn't say the most talented since 1995, but the absolute best team and performers since 1995. I can't wait to see what they can do next season.

Comment

and at least Gonzaga gets a new classic highlight video to show them beating UCLA after having to see Adam Morrison crying for the past 15 years.

Comment

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/1378546849603219457

Comment

Also Suggs

Come for the block, stay for the bounce pass

https://twitter.com/cbssports/status/1378540369759985668

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post

I wouldn't say that, I'm so proud of this team. I wouldn't say the most talented since 1995, but the absolute best team and performers since 1995. I can't wait to see what they can do next season.
                                            Good to hear. Way better than the Alford years.

And JV, for what it's worth, Ken Starr bailed from Baylor (in perfect Republican fashion) a few years ago. However, no reason whatsoever to NOT cheer for the Zags.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              Also Suggs

Come for the block, stay for the bounce pass

https://twitter.com/cbssports/status/1378540369759985668
                                              Out of bounds after the block and was first to touch the ball after

Comment

Ignatius Loyola, St. Ignatius Loyola, White Courtesy Telephone, please

Comment

Good job, good effort by the Dookies - humiliated by an unranked North Carolina team in Cameron for Coach K's last home game before more than 100 former players.

Comment

Don't let the heel stick to your ass on the way out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X