F1, WRC, motorsport 2021 - making it up as we go along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    I don't really understand why Hamilton didn't come in with the safety car too? Don;t they hold their positions?
    And it proves fatal in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU
      I'm secretly in control of the FIA

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
        I don't really understand why Hamilton didn't come in with the safety car too? Don;t they hold their positions?
        Honestly, uh, I’m pretty sure Toto knows there’s a narrative to service here, because he absolutely should have pitted

Comment

So, speaking as one of the apparently many new people interested in F1 this season, the FIA can go fuck themselves. How can they possibly change the rules on the fly right in the last lap of the last race of the season? What a fucking stupid sport

Christ it makes FIFA look really normal

Comment

There's no excuse for "Mikey zees ees not right!!!!". Masi said the lapped cars wouldn't get out of the way, then seconds before the safety car came in he did.

Bret Hart v Shawn Michaels 1997 Montreal.

Worst screwjob since Rams-Saints.

Red Bull certainly deserved it over the course of the year, but that was utter horseshit.

Comment

That was incredible, Mercedes boss the whole race then it's their junior team that causes the sequence of incidents and we have the ultimate "made for Netflix" finish. 2008 all over again.

Comment

That was a bit confusing but that’s racing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
                  There's no excuse for "Mikey zees ees not right!!!!". Masi said the lapped cars wouldn't get out of the way, then seconds before the safety car came in he did.

Bret Hart v Shawn Michaels 1997 Montreal.

Worst screwjob since Rams-Saints.

Red Bull certainly deserved it over the course of the year, but that was utter horseshit.
                  Nah, Mercedes not pitting was insane, and they could have cleaned up that crash and waved through the lapped cars quicker.

masi changed his mind, but newsflash, he’s an incompetent boob. We all know that.

Comment

Lewis not pitting is so insane I think it’s, uh, part of the show

Comment

Didn’t Lewis not pit because he was directly opposite the pit entrance and there just wasn’t time to make the decision? Something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                        Didn’t Lewis not pit because he was directly opposite the pit entrance and there just wasn’t time to make the decision? Something like that?
                        I don’t think so because he was just a few seconds ahead of Max and Max seemed to have more than enough time to decide what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                          That's what they said on comms.

Comment

If Hamilton had pitted then Red Bull could just have done the opposite, leave Verstappen out and gambled on the race not restarting, so Mercedes are conceding track position in those circumstances and risking Max winning behind the safety car.

Comment

That’s what they’ll say, but Lewis questioned it at the time and he was right.

Comment

Well you either let the back markers through in which case the race would have ended under the safety car, or you don’t in which case Verstappen would have had 5 cars to get past before getting to Hamilton. Letting a few cars but not all through guaranteed Verstappen the win.

Comment

https://twitter.com/PHortonF1/status/1470046661925912581

Comment

Just watching it all back on Channel 4+1 and Hamilton was between turns 14 and 15 when the safety car was thrown, so he could have got into the pits.

Comment

Like a few other races this season, that felt like the race director played too much of a "starring" role. Whoever won was going to deserve it, but it felt a bit too stage managed to sit entirely comfortably with me, I feel a bit let down.

Comment

Hamilton cannot pit in that situation cos then Verstappen would just stay out ahead of him and take his chances.

Comment

When you started this thread Third rate Leszno did you have the FIA in mind with the title?

Comment

I don't care about either driver but I am in Hamilton's camp here. They decided to manufacture a last lap race where one guy is a sitting duck and the guy trying to pass can just attack knowing that if Hamilton defends too aggressively they both go off and he wins anyway.

As for lap 1,Verstappen doesn't try and pass fairly. He just fires into the corner like a dagger and basically blocks the road. If Hamilton turns into corner as normal he would hit him. This has become Verstappen's way of passing and if he does it, people should be allowed to avoid him and drive off the track around him.

Comment

As someone said above F1 is just like the fucking WWE. Why does anyone pretend it isn't? This season alone "they've" changed the rules several times to bring it this moment, right from when Hamilton was allowed to introduce his super-duper new 5th engine in Brazil. It's a fucking joke! But great entertainment. Can't fault it. Great entertainment. The FIA got what they wanted. And yes, I wanted Verstappen to beat Hamilton, so I'm happy!
                                              Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 12-12-2021, 16:06.

Comment

The last time I remember paying attention to F1 it was obviously a stitch up. Can't believe I fell for it again.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                                                  When you started this thread Third rate Leszno did you have the FIA in mind with the title?
                                                  Haha, bloody hell!

Comment

They keep saying that they shouldn't overturn a championship on certain rules but you have to apply the rules the same in the first race same as the last race regardless of the championship standing.

If you don't, then the last race will always become a free for all. A bit like Howard Webb attempting to not send anyone off in the World Cup final even although 4 or 5 guys should have walked.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X