No announcement yet.

Gimme Hope Jo'anna: Rugby in 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the more casual rugby fan he is fantastic entertainment. I'm not sure he's ever scored a drop-goal, at least for Scotland, so that's the time to try it. Some man.

Would have been nice to take the bonus point away.

Comment

Oh, I love watching him play and usually I'm pro a player who will take the risks he does because of the rewards.

He'd put me through the wringer if he was my team's outside half though and he was away with the fairies today.

Comment

Well done, Scotland, we were lucky to come second. They turned up, fought like tigers, won the gain line and if they had a better cutting edge we would have been three tries down by half time, easily.

​​​​Jesus, we were shite. Farrell proving yet again that he will never be a Test level fly half whilst he has a hole in his arse. Pathologically afraid of passing, and to add insult to injury after poor Lawrence got the hook after the poor sod spent the match watching inaccurate kicking, Ford gets stuck at 12 so we can continue to enjoy Farrell shitting the bed like a man in the final throes of fatal dysentery.

Jones ended Test careers after a so-so victory over Japan, but I have no faith that he will cull any if his favourites now.

Comment

I'll now predict France to win the 6 Nations and Scotland to come second. Other places :

3rd England
          4th Ireland
          5th Wales
          6th Italy

Comment

I don't know what to make of this, but apparently AWJ and Jake Ball had a fight in training and AWJ got punched.

Does this show the pressure they are all under and discord in the camp?

Is this why Ball isn't in the match day squad?

Comment

Surprised this wasn't a much bigger issue. There's no story about it on the guardian website for instance. If a single Irish player doesn't take the knee there will be fucking war.

https://twitter.com/ZeynMo/status/1358143690221514756

Comment

That troubled me too. Billy Vunipola (and a few English subs, I think) didn't take the knee either but then he's long been an arsehole about such things.

Though given how he played, I think he may have worried that he was too unfit to be able to get back up again.

Comment

A pleasant surprise to see the Millennium's roof open for today's game. I did wonder if it was a Covid precaution but apparently it's to aid the bedding in of the new pitch (laid since the stadium was a field hospital) and will also be open for the England game.

It should make the experience slightly less artificial than a crowdless indoor match would be.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    Surprised this wasn't a much bigger issue. There's no story about it on the guardian website for instance. If a single Irish player doesn't take the knee there will be fucking war.

https://twitter.com/ZeynMo/status/1358143690221514756
                    I saw that too, 3 or 4 England players and the majority of the Scotland side.

Will be interesting to see what happens today.

Comment

Saw that John Pullin died in the week, I always hear his name in the words of Cliff Morgan's commentary.

Comment

Did anyone take the knee or did I miss something?

Comment

No, reading more about yesterday's events it appears there's been no coordinated plan for players to do so during the 6N which seems a big mistake.
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 07-02-2021, 15:06.

Comment

Lydiate's done his knee, match and season over I think.

Comment

It feels like Barnes is conducting more than other referees.

Comment

This is the best ten minutes for Wales under Pivac but still the line out failed and the box kicks are too long.

This doesn't look good for Lydiate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                  Lydiate's done his knee, match and season over I think.
                                  They've strapped it up like they do his ankles, cannot see him lasting.

Comment

Tomas Francis was right to question that, my first though was Barnes was right. Looking at it again that's red.

Comment

Had to be a red for POM there, filthy cunt.

Comment

Jamie Heaslip tells it as it is, the referee has no choice but it's red all day long.

Comment

I suspected that Johnny Williams had tackled high when he hurt himself and he was lucky not to be penalised.

Comment

"Hush in Dublin" - like fuck, Butler!

Comment

We are hanging on against 14 men, FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                We are hanging on against 14 men, FFS!
                                                At least the defence is tight. It'll come once we can get some ball. It's normal that they'll keep it in hand.

Comment

Since going down to 14 men Ireland have been by far the better team in this. Deserve the lead.

Comment

You spoke too soon, fucking shambles.

Lose this and it may well be over for Pivac.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X