Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next day Centre Court tickets

i don't like these new scoreboards

edit: wimbledon is weird. they are installing an ultra high tech roof and have an ugly ultra high-tech scoreboard, yet murray and gasquet are playing under "fading light". when were floodlights invented, 100 years ago?

Comment

Great game this. Brilliant recovery by Murray. Gasquet was two sets up and serving for the match. Murray broke back, won the tie-breaker and the following set.

Murray is a break up in the final set. Gasquet's head has gone. Only one winner from here.

If Murray doesn't finish this off in the next ten minutes, we're looking at a certain halt due to bad light.

Comment

yes. very good

I bloody hate tennis, but had it on whilst doing my online A level marking (see other thread)

excellent stuff. feel a bit sorry for the french guy with that racket (pardon the pun) going on every time murray wins a point

Comment

Murray wins it in the dark.

He played some great tennis in the final two sets, but I can't see him troubling Nadal in the quarters.

Comment

That was really rather good. I'd like it more if it weren't for the camera shots of the dreadful hormonal women draped in Union Flags, but the tennis was fantastic

Comment

The Chubby Cyclist wrote:
              That was really rather good. I'd like it more if it weren't for the camera shots of the dreadful hormonal women draped in Union Flags, but the tennis was fantastic
              Ah, yes, this is a football forum. Women shouldn't be interested in sport, should they.

Comment

It's not that they're women. Good grief. It's a particular class and type of woman who covers themselves in union flags and seems only to exist at Last Night of the Proms and at Wimbledon when a Brit is playing

Comment

Yes, women who can no longer breed should be kept out of sight. Surely we're all agreed on that.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote:
                    Yes, women who can no longer breed should be kept out of sight. Surely we're all agreed on that.
                    If they are wearing 1977 jubilee style flags and a plastic union jack festooned bowler hat, then yes, we are all agreed.

Comment

Sorry to get overexcited and everything, but Gasquet bottled it big style.

Murray was good, and his recovery was VERY good, but Richard, I hope you have a hangover this morning because that was shameful.

Its almost as if someone mentioned that it was 150-1 for a 5 set defeat when you are a break up and two sets up...

(edit: sorry, not a break up. Apologies Reechard, you are a trier after all)

(double edit... I forgot that Gasquet went 5-4 up in the third and served for the match...)

Comment

Tim Henman in interesting person shock:

Re-watching the highlights, and he comes across as a nice, INTERESTING guy. Who knew?

Today is going to be dull... no men (no, not because womens tennis is shit, because one of Serena or Venus are going to win this)

Mario Ancic is possibly the most handsome man in history.

Comment

Schuttler vs Clement.

This isn't tennis. It's Verdun II.

They are up over 5 hours now.

Comment

Unleash Woger!

Cum on Rog. I spent and hour and a half telling 'Er Outdoors how great this man is while Raffa was wiping the floor with him. Now she's off to a party and Federer has finally come out to play.

Really it's only been a question of taking your match points or not taking them, but I suppose that's what ultratop tennis is all about.

Federer is surely the easiest name ever to type with one finger.

Much as I admire, like and fear Nadal, I still believe Federer can win, and will walk through the woods tonight with a special spring in my stride if he does.

Comment

If this goes into a fifth set it's going to be remembered like Borg-McEnroe from 1981.

Comment

And it probably shouldnt, and now, who knows?

Comment

FUCK ME!

Comment

Why do people want Federer to win?

Comment

just outrageous.

Comment

they may have wanted him to win that set, but I think they want Nadal to win the match.

so they get to watch more tennis (that isnt mixed doubles)

Comment

I can imagine the state of some of my mates in Geneva, a couple of them are Federer nuts...

Comment

I suppose it's him or Senderos...

Comment

Why do people want Federer to win?
                                              Because he probably never will do again (that much is obvious, the way Nadal's getting closer to him each year) and if he does it this year, he'll be the first player since some bloke who played while wearing a jacket and tie in the 1880s to win 6 on the trot, and will piss Bjorn Borg off no end.

Comment

Ah, the old 'witnessing history' thing. I'm with you.

Comment

BOOOO!!

Comment

If the rain doesnt beat them, it looks awfully like the light will...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X