Next day Centre Court tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not entirely sure why the All England Club have changed their policies*, but it seems they are offering a few hundred centre court tickets for the following days play to buy online at ~8:30pm each day. Tickets for tomorrow have already sold out (no shock).

If anyone has the time to give it a go, the tickets are available here:- http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/966810?brand=uk_wimbledon&camefrom=cfc_uk_SP0155_W EBLINK

* - My guess is that it's probably to do with the rebuilding of Centre Court. The AELTC probably weren't sure whether this block of seats would get safety clearance in time for this years Championships, or something like that. Though why they would chose to sell these extra tickets online, rather than offer them to those in the queue, I'm not sure. But for those whose determination/dementia/lack of sufficient free time to spend 24 hours camping for a ticket, this might be a rare chance.

Anyone expect any Britons to be still playing singles after Friday?

Comment

Hope not if BBC interactive keep using their streams for pointless non-entity Brit-losses (e.g. Bogdanovic against Bolelli today) while ignoring what looked to be a fascinating five setter between Berdych and Korolev, in which last year's quarter-finalist came close to being knocked out.

Comment

And now they've got two out of the three freeview streams showing South against (Alona) Bondarenko. None of the streams is now showing action from any of the main three courts. (After 15 mins they thankfully switched one of the streams to the Nalbandian - Dancevic match. So I'll just about forgive them this one.)

Edit: fuck me, I spoke too soon on this one. South won a set, so they promptly switched back to having two streams on it. I mean one stream fair enough (at least it involves a seed in possible danger) but two? Why? I mean why ever have two streams on the same match when there are three or more matches going on? And there's last year's finalist, Bartoli, and a former winner, Mauresmo, both being ignored.

Comment

I worked as a toilet cleaner in 1990 and 1991 at the Wimbledon championships. I believe it was the years that Edberg and Stich won.
          Happy days

Comment

Wimbledon also did the Centre Court / Ticketmaster thing last year. As well as the 500 "base" tickets there may also be returns available the night before via the same Ticketmaster site.

Comment

So, what were the odds on Davydenko going out?

Comment

At match point he was 50/1 on to win.

Comment

Djokovic out in straight sets to Safin.

Ivanovic gets a fluky net point to save the match, then goes on to win the second set on a tie break against Dechy.

Comment

Ivanovic wins 6-7 7-6 10-8. Weird match.

Comment

And now Sharapova's gone...

Comment

as has James Blake

Comment

Jeeeez coverage of this on the BBC is puke-inducing.

Upper-middle class schoolgirls being interviewed about Eaton "he's a hunk and a bit of a boy", middle aged middle class ladies from middle England wearing union jacks and jester hats, the fawning over co-commentator, Tim Henman - bleurgggghh.

Comment

Sue Barker today: "And now the match we've all been waiting for..." Guess what it was. Yes, Eaton v Tursunov. Eaton's done well, given his ranking, to get through qualifying and win a first round match, and Tursunov's solid enough, but bloody hell.

And at that time, Richard Gasquet was about to start against Grosjean. Some quite incredible shot-making in that one from Gasquet. (Some nice touches from Grosjean here and there too.) If he were more consistent, he's got the game to challenge the top 3. Pity Grosjean had to retire injured, as I wanted at least another set of it.

And Andy "one dimensional" Roddick knocked out. That's always a bonus.

Comment

Ooh, ooh, ohh, I just remembered another example of BBC bullshit from yesterday. One of the match commentators remarked about Jelena Jankovic that the reason "her name may sound familiar to you" is that she won the mixed doubles title with Jamie Murray last year.

Or maybe the fact that she's in the world's top 3?

Comment

Bloody BBC. I was happily watching Safin v Seppi, an utterly excellent match, when they suddenly switched to Ferrer - Ancic. A decent match too, I'm sure, but they only switched it because the latter had been showing on BBC2, and they wanted to show the highlights programme on BBC2. Show the bloody highlights when the day's play is over, you idiots.

Comment

Leyton Hewitt on the dearth of top-class Australian tennis players:

"There are loads of players coming through from smaller countries now... Serbia, Russia".

Smaller countries, eh, Leyton?

Comment

Have they always refered to Wimbledon as 'SW19' or is that a new thing?

Comment

no, its always... in the sense of a multi million pound business, coming to a little ole postcode like ... etc etc.

Murray was brilliant... Nadal, as I type, is fucking unbelievable.

Comment

quarter past nine, the sunset was already shown on the TV, and Nadal isnt quite doing it yet, but yes, he is... the crowd want Kiefer to stay in it, and it isnt going to happen.

Comment

oh fuck off

Comment

superb... Nadal is playing pretty darn well.

Comment

darned didnt actually cover it. Nadal was imperious. Kiefer wasnt that bad either...

I think Murray will be out in the next round. Gasquet is looking superb.

Comment

well, here it is, and after the Kuznetsova shambles, I will be not watching this in any way, shape or form.

However, it is the battle of the backhands... if Gasquet can pull his out of his so called 'brittle' armoury, then its a non event.

Murray has just put 3 forehands into the net. Its a shocker.

Comment

Murray loses the first set, and Gasquet looks to be cruising. Murray is actually playing pretty well, but the spin that Gasquet is putting on the ball is making Murray look at times, ordinary.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X