X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
      By the way, if he hasn't been vaccinated I don't necessarily blame him, nor do I think that just because he's a rich golf pro he should jump the queue, and possibly he hasn't tried to.

But nor should he be putting his own, or others', health at risk, by continuing to travel and mix indoors with other people unless he's had a jab.
      Not sure it's for lack of opportunity - the latest queue he's avoided jumping is for the vaccination tent at the same tournament he's just withdrawn from.

https://www.thememorialtournament.co...-vaccinations/

edit: I'm far, far too slow on a Sunday morning.

Comment

The NYT notes that Rahm had posted several times in the last year about the devastation caused by the virus in his community of birth in Spain. He doesn't seem like the kind of wingnut who avoids getting the jabs for ideological reasons. It's a mystery and the Occam's Razor explanation might be that he procrastinated due to complacency* or because he didn't want to interrupt his schedule and was worried the jab might stop him practicing for a couple of days.

*shared by numerous other golfers, as Ursus notes.

Comment

It’s possible, also, that he’s just one of the unlucky ones for whom the vaccine was delivered incorrectly or where it hasn’t taken for whatever reason.

That he’s asymptomatic makes that more likely.

I suspect he’s unvaccinated because golf pros are mostly terrible people. But it’s possible that there’s another explanation.

Comment

The second half of this (https://golf.com/news/jon-rahm-withd...s-and-answers/) strongly suggests that he isn't. Though possibly he has been quite recently, though this seems less likely.

Is Rahm Vaccinated?
            The Tour declined to say, and his statement he posted to Twitter also did not say.
            “I can’t speak to Jon’s vaccination status,” Levinson said. “That’s an individual situation.”
            However, Levinson said that Rahm was still part of the Tour’s testing program. Levinson was then asked if Rahm were vaccinated, would he had to have tested every day like he did.
            “Not necessarily,” Levinson said. “If someone had been fully vaccinated, and fully vaccinated under our protocol is, and it’s defined by the CDC, is 14 days past the full cycle of a vaccination. They do not have to test as a result of being a close contact.”

From the same article, of his two playing partners at the tournament, one hasn't been vaccinated and the other declined to answer the question.

Comment

Apart from the rugby player Henry Slade, are there any high profile anti vaxxers?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                Apart from the rugby player Henry Slade, are there any high profile anti vaxxers?
                Djokovic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post

Djokovic.
                  I was going to mention him but he seemed to have gone quiet on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

I was going to mention him but he seemed to have gone quiet on this.
                    He was mouthing off about a month ago about how he hoped tennis pros wouldn't be forced to get vaccinated.

Comment

Tokyo Olympic Games: Spectators barred as state of emergency announced

Comment

What a shitshow.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...box=1629756764

Article about why only around 30% of current tennis pros are vaccinated.
                          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 24-08-2021, 06:16.

Comment

Working...
                          X