No announcement yet.

Rugby 2020: No Gatland or Schmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The conditions were truly awful, though. Some players handled it better than others.

Comment

My weekend gets worse. All trains cancelled out of Edinburgh going south. Mayhem at Waverley station. Managed to get a bus to Gala. Hoping for an ongoing bus to Carlisle then will patch up a way to get back to Kendal. God knows how people in south of England might get home. Storms looking bad for tomorrow too, apparently. Someone said about 20,000 people tryimg to get out of Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
        My weekend gets worse. All trains cancelled out of Edinburgh going south. Mayhem at Waverley station. Managed to get a bus to Gala. Hoping for an ongoing bus to Carlisle then will patch up a way to get back to Kendal. God knows how people in south of England might get home. Storms looking bad for tomorrow too, apparently. Someone said about 20,000 people tryimg to get out of Edinburgh.
        Hate to be the bearer etc but the river in Kendal's close to bursting its banks, too.

Comment

Is two teams (Ireland and France) opening the tournament with consecutive home games as much of a rarity as it seems?

Comment

Dupont having another stormer here, Italy getting some reward for their endeavour unlike last week but still 23-10 at half time.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-02-2020, 15:47.

Comment

Italy dominant and France largely dozy for the second half but, like the game at Cardiff last weekend, France's ability to finish is the difference, 35-22 the final score.

Not sure anybody has looked that good over two games so far, it will be interesting to see how the two unbeaten teams fair when they have to travel in the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

Hate to be the bearer etc but the river in Kendal's close to bursting its banks, too.
                Ha, yes. Just home now and conditions here terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post

Ha, yes. Just home now and conditions here terrible.
                  Glad you got home. Not sure how much you enjoyed your weekend after all that.

Comment

After a cooling off period, I heartily endorse this message (though I disagree on North, I think his problems are too long-standing) ;

Don’t Panic!
                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-02-2020, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      After a cooling off period, heartily endorse this message (though I disagree on North, I think his problems are too long-standing) ;

Don’t Panic!
                      Excellent analysis, thanks for that.

Comment

I don't think we've covered the Finn Russell interview in yesterday's Sunday Times. It all appears to be here on another, non-paywalled, site.

It all seems an absolute mess which nobody comes out of looking good.
                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-02-2020, 14:55.

Comment

Thanks for those links Ray. Looking forward to reading them later.

Comment

Owen Watkin out for the rest of the 6N after his hamstring injury in the warm up on Saturday and Biggar undergoing protocols after his third concussion of the season could leave Jarrod Evans as the only fit fly half in the Wales squad.

If so, Sam Davies could get a call up and there's speculation we might even try and tempt Cardiff born former Wales U16 international Callum Sheedy back in the fold after his Ireland U19 and England XV appearances.

Comment

Do you mean Owen Williams not Watkin?

Not heard the Callum Sheedy rumours but that would be a smart move for all concerned.

Comment

Oh bugger, I always get those two's names transposed. Meant to go back and check it too.

Comment

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/20...mpression=true

I've seen a few articles like this since Saturday.

Trust me, the atmosphere was fine at the game. A few scattered boos at Farrell does not constitute a reaction like this. As ever English/Scottish fans mingling happily.

Comment

TBH it sounded like a lot more than just "a few scattered boos" on the TV.

Good point in the article about Sexton though. He never seems to shut up.

Comment

All crowds boo the kicker occasionally (yes, even the Irish ones who are so sanctimonious on the issue) :

[URL]https://twitter.com/glove931/status/1227335325267218436?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Championship clubs in shock over RFU’s decision to slash funding by 50%

Comment

Well they've got to ensure Sarries come back up, then they can finally push through the closed shop.

Comment

Just decided to search YouTube for a random year's tournament from a long time ago and the first match I found was Wales v Scotland from 1988. Here's what Hastings heard when he went for a kick 32 years ago:
                                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG_aMHBQeRs&t=47m17s

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                              TBH it sounded like a lot more than just "a few scattered boos" on the TV..
                                              Fair enough. - it was blowing a gale in the stadium and didn't sound so bad. Clearly the pitch microphones picked it up more.

But the atmosphere in and out of the ground was fine.

Comment

Ten years ago today :

Comment

Entertaining match between the Chiefs and the Sunwolves wrapping up in Tokyo.

Chiefs lead 43-17

They most definitely are not playing Warrenball.

Comment

David Young is no longer at Wasps, a sad end to his time there. He did a lot but won nothing thanks to the cheating of Saracens. Rumours are linking him with the vacant coaching job at the Ospreys which wouldn't be the worst move for all concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X