No announcement yet.

Rugby 2020: No Gatland or Schmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Groundhog Day RWC2023 Pool for Wales and the toughest of the four that were drawn (though we are by far the weakest of the top seeds - and weaker than most of the second seeds currently)

https://twitter.com/rugbyworldcup/status/1338457591089868801?s=21

Comment

Fiji is a better draw than Scotland or Argentina. It could have been a lot worse. Europe 1 is likely to be Georgia. Very much groundhog day for us.

Comment

For most teams Fiji would be a better draw than Scotland but they have a strange effect on us. With the exception of 2011, every time we've played them in a World Cup we've been drawn in to their game, even under Gatland - though his sides had enough about them to still get a win.

I think the final two teams will be Uruguay again as well as Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          For most teams Fiji would be a better draw than Scotland but they have a strange effect on us. With the exception of 2011, every time we've played them in a World Cup we've been drawn in to their game, even under Gatland - though his sides had enough about them to still get a win.

I think the final two teams will be Uruguay again as well as Georgia.
          And with Pivac looking like Gareth Jenkins match against Fiji in France doesn't seem good. I understand the logic here.

Comment

On the pitch there were three wins for the Wales regions and the Dragons gave a good account of themselves despite losing about half of their team to Covid-19 quarantine in the lead up to the game. Until the final quarter they were in the game.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jamesfl68585245/status/1340312007061454849?s=09

How on earth is this not a straight red?

Comment

15 minutes in and Racing are 0-17 up at Quins with two tries from lineouts. The first a trademark gorgeous gliding run from Teddy Thomas (albeit after a missed tackle) and the second a complete contrast with an almost unopposed driving maul.

Comment

Chris Ashton's still a completely moronic twat, in case anyone was keeping track.

Comment

Chris Ashton's still a completely moronic twat, in case anyone was keeping track.
                    If Steve Diamond got rid of him due to attitude problems...

Comment

What's he done this time?

Comment

In the final minutes while 7-49 down he cynically grabbed Teddy Thomas around the collar way after he made a kick so that he fell and couldn't chase it.

It was more petulant than dangerous really but making any contact in that area is nonsensical and to do so when the game has been soundly lost even more so.

Amusingly, it led to a consolation try for Quins being chalked off. I didn't see all the second half but apparently Ashton's sub appearance stank the place out even in a wretched team display.

Comment

Thanks Ray. A petulant act from a petulant man.

Comment

Just popping into this thread to share a short twitter thread on the 6 Romanian rugby players killed during the revolution on these dates 31 years ago, including Florică Murariu the caprain of the national team at that time

https://twitter.com/FlyingDacian/status/1341487802119311363

Comment

https://twitter.com/RealTimVine/stat...741183491?s=09

Well, I laughed.

Comment

If we can pull off a reasonable to expect top of qualifying berth, the reward is to be fed to New Zealand and France. Lovely.

Comment

Lions tour probably gone, the committee are to make a "timely decision" based on the worsening situation in South Africa. Lions tours are nothing without the fans, both from the experience and the finances, so it's unsurprising that it will be postponed (most likely forever).

Comment

Was just coming on to post that having seen the statement. I too can't see where it will be rescheduled for unless the Autumn Internationals are sacrificed this year but even then may be too soon for planning purposes.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 02-01-2021, 17:03.

Comment

I wonder if the Six Nations might be moved back in the year to take advantage of the space left if the Lions tour goes, if not a direct replacement.

Comment

Working...
                                      X