No announcement yet.

New Music for 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no idea anyone was working on spinning that angle. Which is pretty easily disproven given there are some (very poorly) filmed performances on YouTube.

The one that bothers me a little more is Yard Act. They have been weirdly slow putting out material when you expect a band to have most their first album worked out if they release four or five songs.

Comment

My guess is that Yard Act will put an album out soon: their profile seems to have been increasing exponentially with each single. (I think four so far?) While I don’t mind hearing their stuff on the radio, they don’t sound sufficiently ’different’ to these ears to make a really big impact. (See also: Do Nothing [Edit:...and Working Men's Club].)
      Last edited by Jah Womble; 24-11-2021, 13:04.

Comment

They are releasing their debut album in January. They are definitely on an "upward curve", a lot of dates on the album tour are sold out, they have announced relatively "big" dates in Leeds and Manchester for this time next year*, and in between they'll be at every festival that will have them. I'm not sold on them really.

*announcing gigs more than a year in advance is a modern trait that I can do without. It's always interesting on Chart Music when they go through the NME/MM from the week in question and sometimes bands are announcing big tours at a few weeks' notice.

Comment

Lone's new album 'Always Inside Your Head'. Just beautiful. This is 'Echo Paths'.

Comment

2020 music but album will be finally released in the U.K. next week. 錯乱 前線 (Sakuran Zensen) - Tokyo's finest.

Sakuran means 'Confusion' I think.

(EDIT: I think the track is called Taxi Man, but I may be wrong.)

Last edited by The_Purple_Cow; 27-11-2021, 19:11.

Comment

I've been enjoying Elbow's new album ' Flying Dreams 1' this afternoon. This is 'Come On, Blue'.

Comment

New Wet Leg, and a change of pace. There's another track out tonight, and the album is out in April.

Comment

Some Greek metalcore to brighten up everybody's day:

https://boundxbyxmodernxage.bandcamp...ween-our-teeth

Comment

Originally posted by The_Purple_Cow View Post
                    (EDIT: I think the track is called Taxi Man, but I may be wrong.)
                    It is, yeah. Great video.

Comment

I’m sure it must have been mentioned somewhere upthread but the Nick Cave/Warren Ellis collaboration ‘Carnage’ is a terrific piece of work.

Comment

Jose Gonzalez - El Invento:

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                          I'm sure it must have been mentioned somewhere upthread but the Nick Cave/Warren Ellis collaboration Carnage is a terrific piece of work.
                          Brand new track Les Cerfs (from the soundtrack of La Panthere des Neiges) is also rather special.

Comment

Not much time left for this thread. I posted another song from the December release of Rid of Me's album and here is another. Grunge/noise rock/alt.rock in the vein of the first PJ Harvey record.

Last edited by danielmak; 31-12-2021, 00:56.

Comment

I've been meaning to post this for a while, so with just a day and a bit left of the year it's about time that I did. The wonderful Becca Stevens just gets better and better, and may just be the nearest thing that we have to a young Joni Mitchell. This is a live version of the track 'California', which can be found on her new album 'Becca Stevens and The Secret Trio'.

Comment

Comment

New Half Man Half Biscuit album out next month. What a great way to start the year.

Comment

Here are my top tracks of last year - once again, wasn't sure where to post, etc, etc. (There's a longer list over on UKMix and all tracks should be easily-enough accessed online, should anyone be so inclined.)

JAH’S TOP 40 FOR 2021

01 *Compersion Pt 1 – Arab Strap
                                    02 Ritchie Sacramento – Mogwai
                                    03 London Gangs – SAULT
                                    04 Bat House – DoFlame feat Dear-God
                                    05 South – Wu-Lu feat Lex Amor
                                    06 Dividing Space – Murcof
                                    07 Town’s Dead – Kojaque
                                    08 *Robber – The Weather Station
                                    09 Tales from the Trash Stratum – Oneohtrix Point Never feat Elizabeth Fraser
                                    10 Global Groove – Squid / Cosey Fanni Tutti
                                    11 Racist Sexist Boy – The Linda Lindas
                                    12 Walking at a Downtown Pace – Parquet Courts
                                    13 Minimal Violence – Mankind feat Blackhaine
                                    14 Times – Wu-Lu
                                    15 More / Days Like These – Low
                                    16 Here Comes Comus! – Arab Strap
                                    17 (There is) No Logic – LoneLady
                                    18 If You Say the Word – Radiohead
                                    19 Modern Life is Getting Old – Francobollo
                                    20 F Maj Pixie – GoGo Penguin / Squarepusher
                                    21 Bad Religion / Pa Pa Power – Cat Power
                                    22 Parallel 4 – Four Tet
                                    23 Run Outs – Alfa Mist
                                    24 The Hours – Babeheaven
                                    25 Burn the Heather – The Lounge Society
                                    26 Ceiling Granny – Mogwai
                                    27 Airport Dreams – Holy F feat Sarah Bonito
                                    28 Cain’s Heresy – The Lounge Society
                                    29 French Countryside – Jehnny Beth
                                    30 All Out – DoFlame
                                    31 Hollow Scene – Deep Tan
                                    32 Her Revolution/His Rope – Burial + Four Tet + Thom Yorke
                                    33 Porsche Majeure – TVAM feat Charlotte Spiral
                                    34 Miracle – Katy J Pearson
                                    35 Rare to Wake – Shannon Lay
                                    36 Emperor Machine – A Certain Ratio
                                    37 Narrator – Squid feat Martha Skye Murphy
                                    38 Tunnel Vision – Basement Revolver
                                    39 The Ground Below – Run The Jewels feat Royal Blood
                                    40 Rainforest – Noname

*Originally released 2020

Comment

New Weeknd album Dawn FM is stellar.

Comment

Yard Act appear to have added Talking Heads records to their Fall collection (it is a pretty good album)

Comment

Is this where we are doing new music for 2022? https://twitter.com/hmhb_lyrics/status/1489721305104584709 First song off the new Half Man Half Biscuit album

Comment

35 (OK 36) days in and I'm calling the new (and potentially last) Black Country New Road album as a genuine contender for Album of the Year, and that's from someone who was a bit a sceptical about them previously.

Comment

Working...
                                            X