No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations AE. By my calculation you'll get the Randoms. Their post-season record is terrible (compared to their incredible regular season history), so you aren't without a hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
      Congratulations AE. By my calculation you'll get the Randoms. Their post-season record is terrible (compared to their incredible regular season history), so you aren't without a hope.
      Cheers Etienne, I hope you're right. I've also got a full squad and sent most of them training before the last match so should get that boost. I played them whilst they were training as well. *

*Sorry for the cheap shot but I wanted to get that in first this year then nobody else can mention it until 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
        Sorry to hear about your real world problems VA, hope things are getting better.

I've got a question, the Zeugma franchise has 8 teams, one official men's team and one official women's team plus six in private leagues. I've just got a message saying one of my extra team's is up for renewal but I'm sure I read on here that the women's team, once active, doesn't count to your free quota of five. All I correct or do I need to buy an extension for one of my sides?
        If one of your extra team quota slots expires, you'll get such a prompt also if you do not need the slot with your current team roster. So the message does not imply that action from your side is needed. Even if your quota would drop below the number of teams you want to keep, you only need to undertake action once one of your teams gets close to a change report. Before that, nothing happens.

The woman's team thing used to be true. Not sure whether it still holds though; it's been a while since I was involved with that league.

Comment

Thanks Smallcaps.

I've taken the liberty of posting in the MLX scribble not to arrange friendlies and also messaged the three Young Turks I brought to the league to tell them the same.

Comment

And to think I was about to congratulate you too...

For my part I never work out how the draw works but I know Kakanui KuneKune will get United Underground. We always do.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
              I have indeed got the Randoms. I've made my selection and changed my man marking policy, the referee is predictable so now there's nothing else I can do.

Good luck to all the OTFers who made the play offs.

I had a really disappointing change report in the Golden League, no double jumps despite some good values. With the predicted relegation comes some changes, three players have been placed on the transfer market and no replacements have been scouted yet but that's to come.

Comment

Ooh I didn't get the Underground. OTOH I got Gotham City who were only behind the Randoms on GD.

Comment

The Malouins weren't far away from saving themselves, taking the lead in our must-win game at Philadelphia Fury, but a second-half equaliser from the hosts sends us back to GLX.

Two more points over the course of the season would have kept us up. The foolish DV-chasing substitutions that lead to us conceding a 90th-minute equaliser at home to Balerno Athletic have a lot to answer for.

Comment

Just hit eight goals in a friendly in the Golden League, unfortunately it was against Foxy.

Comment

No worries mate. The average age of our squad is just 18. Give us 4 seasons or so and we may give you a slightly tougher fixture.

Comment

Meanwhile, in the OTF league, (don't read if you don't want spoilers)

Dandy Town had seven players in the Xpert XI compared to the Berkshire Swine's zero, but the Swine held on for a point to preserve their one point lead with two games to go. That draw opened up the opportunity for Vita Mortis to close the gap to three points, and leave three teams all with their destiny in their own hands. Except they lost at home to Amwythig, despite bossing the tactical battle. So it will be either the Swine or the Dandies for the title. Mortis still have a crucial role to play as they play both teams. Relegation is all decided, with Banik joining Wednesday de la Zouch and Tonder in Division 1 for next season.

Comment

I meant to draw the Trophy, Vase and Plate fixtures last night but felt ill and forgot about it. Will make sure they get done today.

Comment

Toughest of the Admin jobs I reckon SDR. Hope you're feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                              Sorry to hear about your real world problems VA, hope things are getting better.

I've got a question, the Zeugma franchise has 8 teams, one official men's team and one official women's team plus six in private leagues. I've just got a message saying one of my extra team's is up for renewal but I'm sure I read on here that the women's team, once active, doesn't count to your free quota of five. All I correct or do I need to buy an extension for one of my sides?
                              Cheers again AE; was a friend's teenage kid gone AWOL, long story but mercifully she returned after a couple of days and things seem to have settled down a bit since, fingers crossed.

Re your quota, I believe the Xpert Ladies Loophole is indeed still in place. And to be honest I usually seem to find that I still get one 'bonus' team besides, so far as I can tell. That is, while running 9 teams my quota mostly seems to read 1 X (Xpert), 6 P (private) – so even allowing for the Ladies Loophole there still seems to be one unaccounted for somewhere.
                              It's a little baffling, but I never let this bother me, needless to say. I only act on the rare occasions I actually get a red flag coming up against one of my teams' names on the Lobby page, as happened just before Christmas when my last 6-month payment expired so my alleged quota was down to 1X 5P while still having 9 on the go – which meant that with the Xpert Zone CR imminent, a red icon came up by Tiree Automatic's name, meaning I would be automatically sacked after the CR went through. So I shelled out for one extra team for six months and waited a few hours, whereupon the warning icon duly disappeared again, so I didn't feel the need to proffer any more cash. I'm thereby back to 1X 6P, which by my reckoning makes 7, but yes am still running 9.

So in short, disregard the messages that say you have team(s) up for renewal, as long as you've no red warnings. If you're free of the latter then I'd carry on blithely without worrying about what your quota officially says.

Comment

Good to hear abut your friend's daughter VA.

Comment

The women's league loophole also applies to private leagues, so The Human League also gets a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                    The women's league loophole also applies to private leagues, so The Human League also gets a pass.
                                    Really? I might resume my Xpert Zone team then.

Glad things got got sorted VA and thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Wha...?

Comment

Xpert Zone admin hasn't logged in for 5 days. Could we be ready for a surprise admin return?

Comment

Ah, that's why he hasn't triggered the new season. He usually does it too quickly.

Just set KuneKune's tactics v Gotham. Not confident.

Comment

They're a tough side to strategise against, lots of threats, mix up their formation and playmaker, good manager. Glad I've not got them!

Comment

Add me to the chorus of "Wha...???" – I've never heard about this, is that right Sean?! By implication/extension one could have any number of clubs in womens' leagues without ever paying for a team, in that case.

I hope we don't see any more melodramas in the Xpert Zone, least of all a reanimation of the little-missed Zdan. There's about a dozen teams vacant at present so I assumed CPI was scrambling to fill those before he could kickstart the new season (which, yes, does make a nice difference from his usual 'start new season 1 hour after the CR goes through' practice), but then again he may have been away for New Year or something.

Good luck to everyone for the MLX postseason when it gets underway tonight. Sorry not to have drawn KK, Sits, but hey there's always the final, right...?

Comment

I'm basing this on the fact that I run on 1X 6P, and have done for some time, so I only have one additional team on my allowance. I have an official team, an Xpert Ladies team and seven private league teams.

Comment

Same as me then. That is curious, although nice to know I'm not some weird oddity. (Well....)

Would be nice to think your theory is true, at any rate!

Comment

Good, if Random, choice of new admin to replace LeGrandeFromage in the J4GL - RichardSP will do a good job there I feel.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X