Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF Wordle Ryder Cup 3: Brittle Britain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, then.

The RoW players and family members cavorting on the green will have guffawed derisively when my long-considered tee shot landed really quite some distance from them. By the time I had found my way onto the putting surface, baffled by the low scores posted by everyone else on the course, the victors were onto their third glass of champagne and the GB supporters had headed for home, cursing my name. I finish with a prosaic 4.

Congrats to Discordant Resonance for the victory in what was a fine singles contest, and heartiest well dones to the RoWs for their overall success.

Comment

Match T Discordant Resonance beat Hot Orange 1 UP

They'll be dancing in the streets of Rest of the World tonight, because:

Team RoW WINS Wordle Ryder Cup 3.

Final match score GB 10 RoW 12

Once again, a compelling tournament that was taken all the way to the last match. Many thanks to all players for an exceptionally smooth-running contest; it still astounds me that this can pull in people from various countries and timezones, and we get through with barely a hiccup.

Comment

Comment

Enormous thanks and appreciation for your flawless administration and always entertaining reporting, irony towers. The tournaments are what Wordle is all about for me.

Comment

Completed Round 3 scoreboard:
            Pts 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Match
            Match M - Fourball H H H W H H W W RoW won 3 & 1
            ale 0 3 3 3 5 5 3 4 4
            Simon G 0.5 4 3 6 4 4 4 4 4
            Logan Mountstuart 1 4 4 4 3 5 4 3 3
            ad hoc 1.5 3 3 3 4 4 3 3 3
            Match N W W H H W W W RoW won 3 & 2
            Foot of Astaire's 0 5 3 3 4 6 4 F
            caja-dglh 1.5 4 4 3 4 5 3 5
            Match O W H W W H H W W W GB won 2 UP
            lambers 1 4 4 5 3 5 3 4 4 2
            San Bernardhinault 1.5 5 4 4 4 5 3 5 3 3
            Match P H W W W W W H W RoW won 2 & 1
            pebblethefish 0.5 4 5 4 5 6 3 4 4
            Balderdasha 2 4 4 5 4 4 5 4 3
            Match Q H H W H W W W W GB won 3 & 1
            Auntie Beryl 0 4 3 4 3 4 4 3 2
            irony towers 2 4 3 5 3 5 3 5 3
            Match R W W H W W H W GB won 3 & 2
            Rogin the Armchair fan 1 4 5 3 3 4 4 5
            WOM 0 5 4 3 4 5 4 6
            Match S W W W H H W H W H GB won 1 UP
            David Agnew 0.5 3 3 5 4 5 4 4 2 3
            Sporting 2 4 4 2 4 5 2 4 4 3
            Match T W H W H H W W H W RoW won 1 UP
            Hot Orange 2 5 4 4 3 4 3 4 3 4
            Discordant Resonance 1 4 4 3 3 4 4 5 3 2
            Match U W W H W W W H W GB won 2 & 1
            Sean of the Shed 2 3 4 3 4 3 3 4 2
            Sam 1 5 3 3 3 4 5 4 4
            Match V W W W H W W H GB won 3 & 2
            Artificial Hipster 0 5 4 3 3 4 3 6
            Sits 1 3 5 4 3 5 4 6
            Day 27 stroke average: 2.83
            Round 3 stroke average: 3.86
            WRC3 stroke average: 3.94

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post
              Match T Discordant Resonance beat Hot Orange 1 UP

They'll be dancing in the streets of Rest of the World tonight, because:

Team RoW WINS Wordle Ryder Cup 3.

Final match score GB 10 RoW 12

Once again, a compelling tournament that was taken all the way to the last match. Many thanks to all players for an exceptionally smooth-running contest; it still astounds me that this can pull in people from various countries and timezones, and we get through with barely a hiccup.
              Pádraig Harrington, Paul McGinley, and Rory McIlroy, make some room on the podium!

Comment

Thanks for everything you do here, IT. You make it fun, and you make it possible. For 15 minutes every day my life gains some serious purpose.

Comment

Well done Disco!

Comment

Congratulations RoW, and thank you once again irony towers for all the work you put in to these games.

Comment

Well, that's taken the gloss off the King's birthday celebrations somewhat. Well done Rowdies and huge thanks of course to Wordle's very own Michael Eavis irony towers for organising the event and allowing such an ill-bred rabble to hack through his rose bushes and trample across his manicured lawns, bringing down the tone of his neighbourhood for the duration. It's been an absolute pleasure.

Comment

Congrats RoW and IT.

So, who wants to offer me a big bribe to play for the other side in the next Ryder Cup, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                          Enormous thanks and appreciation for your flawless administration and always entertaining reporting, irony towers. The tournaments are what Wordle is all about for me.
                          This.

Hard luck GB, great tournament.

Comment

Yes echoing all the thanks and praise for irony towers

Comment

Comment

Well played ROW and thank you once again irony towers for running a great competition.

Comment

Yeah, great stuff irony towers. I don't think I can properly express how much fun this brings me each day. Perhaps Signora Rogin summed it up best when I was agonizing over my third guess one morning, with the words "oh for God's sake, are you pissing about with your silly mates online again?".
                                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 18-06-2023, 10:44.

Comment

A bit like Rogin, I always agonise a little too enthusiastically when I'm finding it a tricky one, and always enjoy the excuse to make my girlfriend roll her eyes by going 'no, you see this is part of a competitive match.'

Comment

Working...
                                    X