• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Great finish. Schick is top scorer now.
    Joint top.

Comment

Really hoping this doesn't go to extra time. Both sides look exhausted.

Comment

Lot of blood coming from under that bandage

Comment

Soucek looks like he is bleeding under that bandage

Comment

Mehle should have done better there

Comment

Another massive bandage

Comment

First yellow card?

Comment

Something tells me that Denmark fan is a "character"

Comment

If the Czechs equalise, which I hope they do, and there's extra time, cue hundreds of media comments about how "this can only be good for England".

Winning tournaments is about desire, not calculation. Just win your bloody match and get through, round by round. A lot of Ukrainian chickens being counted.

Comment

I learned today that Azerbaijani/Azeri has an un dotted I character and that that character is the final one in the name of the capital

Danes through. No uncontested Golden Boot for Cristiano. I will take it.

Comment

I guess the heat really did get to the players, as that rather petered out in the last 10 minutes or so, as the commentary on here indicates.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't really craving an extra half hour by the end, unlike some other knockout games.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                            I guess the heat really did get to the players, as that rather petered out in the last 10 minutes or so, as the commentary on here indicates.
                            Tyldesley called it a "slugfest," which I presume he thinks means "sluggish."

Comment

Brutal second half at times, the Danes rode their luck a bit as they were happy to just camp around the box and let the Czechs try and break them down, which they largely didn't. I say I've turned on the Czech Republic, I have to admit that I still have some positive emotion for the team, they're not responsible for their shit-for-brains leader (although the whole Slavia Prague thing does still leave a nasty taste in the mouth) -- I have a friend who grew up in Prague as his father was an administrator at an American School there and he, along with the genius of Nedved, got me rooting for them in the aughts. While a tough loss, they did really well in the tournament.

Comment

Rainbow flag confiscated:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...n-b943969.html

Comment

I noticed booking.com had gone from rainbow to blue for this game

Comment

I presume that's because Pride month is June.

Comment

Working...
                                    X