No announcement yet.

Germany Hungary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd always assumed Gnabry was more of a gnat than a gnu, pronunciation-wise. Seems I've been wrong all these years.

Comment

Trying to watch both games at the same time is a lot less enjoyable than I thought it might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
        I'd always assumed Gnabry was more of a gnat than a gnu, pronunciation-wise. Seems I've been wrong all these years.
        Always used to be similar arguments around how to pronounce Gnasher.

Comment

I'm in the Black Forest drying out my soaking clothes in a cabin. I've never wanted Germany to win more. Jesus. England - Hungary in the last 16. Way to kill a joyous tournament.

Comment

Pen for Portugal

Comment

Fourthed for keeping it all on one thread.

Comment

I think that should be a pen.

Comment

Followed by the usual arguments, faux injuries and harassing of the referee before its taken.

Comment

Duly deposited by Ronaldo

Comment

So England v France...?

Comment

Horrible challenge by Lloris, correctly punished. Just because he's wearing gloves doesn't mean he can punch and elbow an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                          So England v France...?
                          Bit early?

Comment

If you are going to give a foul for punching in the face, then shouldn't that be a red card? Or do goalkeepers get a pass on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                              So England v France...?
                              I had the same thought. However, France have not maintained the form they had against Germany, and there's still time for GD to put Hungary 2nd I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                Followed by the usual arguments, faux injuries and harassing of the referee before its taken.
                                Which also distracted the referee from focussing on Danilo who was thrashing around following the blow to his head.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                  If you are going to give a foul for punching in the face, then shouldn't that be a red card? Or do goalkeepers get a pass on that?
                                  Think he was going for the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                    I had the same thought. However, France have not maintained the form they had against Germany, and there's still time for GD to put Hungary 2nd I think.
                                    Yes it needs a further 3-goal swing.

Comment

Absolute pissing it down in Munich.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                        I guess it depends whether the intention was to win the ball, same as when an outfield player makes a tackle. The only other interpretation could be dangerous play, like a studs up tackle.

imp to thread

Comment

Portugal are looking far more composed than in their earlier matches. France, Mbappe aside, seem a bit sluggish.

Comment

If the weather doesn't ease up in Munich they might have to abandon it

Comment

I can personally confirm that it is pissing it down in South Germany. This group is going to shit, isn't it?

Comment

As long as England don't squeak out of this with a game against Hungary

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                  If the weather doesn't ease up in Munich they might have to abandon it
                                                  I hope it stops and there's a rainbow.

Comment

I'm not listening too closely, but it appears that the US commentator was trying to make out that that wasn't a penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X