Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gareth Wales Baleathon is back, back, back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't suppose anyone has any idea on how I can watch Wales games while living in New Zealand? Illegal internet streaming site? Or something?

Comment

You can see some matches such as Iceland v Wales (May 28th) through S4Cīs website www.s4c.co.uk. Jorge Porbillas watched the Luxembourg v Wales match in Sarajevo.

Comment

Parry aiming for Wales comeback

Paul Parry is hoping to cap an FA Cup final appearance with a Wales recall.

The striker, 27, has told Wales boss John Toshack he will soon return from a self-imposed 18-month exile due to personal problems.

"I didn't say I'd finished playing for Wales," he said. "I just said I wanted a break away from it.

"Once I've sorted my problems out I'll come back. My aim is to be back for the World Cup qualification games at the start of next season."

Parry, who joined the Bluebirds from Hereford, added: "I had a few things off the field that I needed to concentrate on and that needed getting sorted.

"Getting back playing for Cardiff was my main concern, but I'm not finished in any way - I just wanted a break from it and asked not to be included in a few of John Toshack's squads.

"But I've spoken to him and said that probably looking at things now I'll be looking to get back into the squad at the start of next season.

"We've spoken a few times on the phone since I told him I didn't want to be included in a few of his squads and he phoned me up not so long back and asked me when I wanted to be back.

"I've spoken to him and I'll probably speak to him again before the end of the season."

In the meantime Parry is looking forward to enjoying being one of football's rare species, going from non-league to the biggest domestic cup final in the world.

"It's a big week for me and everyone at the club and hopefully we'll do ourselves justice," said Parry.

I'm used to playing in the early rounds and getting knocked out before the third round so getting to an FA Cup final is what it's all about

"The fact I used to play in non-league football makes me savour it even more. I'm used to playing in the early rounds and getting knocked out before the third round.

"So getting to an FA Cup final is what it's all about and everything I dreamed of when I've been playing football.

"I'd go to grounds and the changing rooms were no bigger than a matchbox, so to speak, but it's such an occasion to turn up at Wembley and see a full ground so it's a moment to savour.

"I've only been to Wembley to for our semi-final and other than that I went to watch a game back in the early 1990s at the old stadium, but it was a fantastic stadium when I went back there a few weeks ago.

"In the last two seasons I've played 40-odd games last season and 50 this and hopefully I've nailed myself in the thoughts of the manager."

Comment

I listened to an interview with Aaron Ramsey on the BBC website earlier and I found it odd and couldn't figure out why.

Then it hit me, it was the first interview I'd heard where Ramsey was speaking in English. The previous 3 or 4 had been on S4C in Welsh.

Comment

Kowalski, I've just had a phone call from a very distressed mate who is working in Llandudno - he's realised that the 'jewel of the north' is actually Merseyside by the sea - he doesn't have S4C in his hotel room and every pub is advertising England v USA ... do the Jet Set Boys know where he can watch the Iceland match on telly in Llandudno?

Comment

Now you're asking!!! I couldn't get to the San Marino home match so I tried to find a pub. It took six goes but I found one, then possibly two.

First one; The Nevill, across the road from the station.

Second one; The King's Arms, on Mostyn St, across the road from Holy Trinity.

If he's not too picky about landlords he could try Fountains. They may consider showing the game if one asks nicely

http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/...name_page.html

Comment

This is currently on ebay. Cor!
                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200226834227

Comment

Earnie goes to Forest

http://tinyurl.com/53xvja

Comment

I hope one of Ruthin's finest establishments will be showing the Holland game on Sunday. I've just figured out it isn't on the BBC, and whilst a bus-load will be travelling from my home village of Bodedern to the 'Dam, my fate is a very different one.

Comment

The greatest Welsh kit of all time. Bar none.

Comment

Comment

I fucking loves the little bugger. All hail the Zambian Prince, a tiny wee God amongst mortals.

Comment

Just booked the flights to Dusseldorf in October to help make up for the disapointment of not going tomorrow. Cheap with Lufthansa from Manchester if you haven't made any plans yet.

Anyone predicting us to get any kind of result in Holland? (Apart from in the red light district)

Comment

I didn't know he was that tiny. Did he emerge from the broken halves of a bigger Earnshaw?

Comment

Who is that with him? I have a photo of the 16 year old Earnie with me when I was a match sponsor and he doesn't look quite so small and I am 6'5" and a vast man.

Is it the chap who was always on Record Breakers as Britain's Tallest Man? It's not Colin Calderwood, that's for sure.

Comment

It's Nottingham Forest's chairman Nigel Doughty.

He has the smile and demeanor of a 1980s comedian making the picture look like a more/less fucked up version of the Krankies.

Comment

Who is that with him? I have a photo of the 16 year old Earnie with me when I was a match sponsor and he doesn't look quite so small and I am 6'5" and a vast man.
                                    Do you actually have that photo, Harry, or is it akin to the 'mythical' "Leeds and Liverpool kit" photo?

Comment

Earnie eh? Apparently he's Toshack's 8th choice striker.

Comment

Toshack is my 88th choice manager.

Comment

Toshack is hardly alone in thinking Earnshaw is a very average striker with a pretty poor return in recent years. He promised a lot, but hasn't really delivered.

He's a good championship level player. Eastwood deserves to be in front of him. So does Ched Evans.

Comment

Fausto Ptang wrote:

He's a good championship level player. Eastwood deserves to be in front of him.
                                            Well, Eastwood hasn't proved himself to be even "a good Championship level player" has he?I'll bet you Ģ50 Earnie scores more goals in D2 than Eastwood next season.

Not that Eastwood doesn't deserve his place in recent squads but those other strikers keeping Rob " average of one in three for Wales, close to a goal every other game throughout his club career" Earnshaw out of them? Nardiello, Cotteril and Easter!

Comment

New kit / supplier announcement this Wednesday

Comment

Don't disagree with that apart from the fact that Eastwood deserves to keep his place after his recent performances for Wales. Earnshaw has got a good record but he has had a very lean couple of seasons. It's been quite some time since Earnie was banging 'em in for Cardiff. I would have Earnshaw in my squad but I wouldn't start with him. It wasn't me who said he was the 8th choice striker.

Comment

Fausto Ptang wrote:
                                                  Don't disagree with that apart from the fact that Eastwood deserves to keep his place after his recent performances for Wales
                                                  I agree, especially if we play one upfront in Bellamy's frequent absences but to have Earnie as low down the order as Toshack seems to (and we all know it is for reasons not solely related to form) is insane.

Comment

Pretend Best Friend wrote:
                                                    did i read or hear somewhere recently that the jjb/champion deal was off ?

nike and adidas probably battling for the contract as we speak

Comment

Working...
                                                    X