No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah right. Didn't see it. I left a couple of minutes early to beat the traffic.
    The Guardian described it thus:-

95 mins: Rose launches it into the box, and it rebounds to Son, who should probably hit it first time, but tries to open up a better angle and loses control. That’s probably that.

Comment

No complaints here, Liverpool deserved that - the scoreline flattered us, to be honest. Disappointing to see a Spurs performance more reminiscent of where we were 4-5 years ago - we allowed the opposition to cut through us time and again. And hobbes will doubtless be stunned to learn that I'm in agreement that the disallowed goal was probably okay. (Would need to see it again though - which I don't think will happen any time soon.)

That said, the goals that we did concede couldn't have been softer had they been handcrafted from marshmallow and wrapped in goose feathers. Vorm, I'm afraid, isn't quite up to the required standard. But today the whole team was as lily(white)-livered as they were overly arrogant at Watford. The injuries to Lloris and Alli didn't help, but a lack of mental strength all round, I'm afraid...

Comment

Oh dear. I hate to contradict you what with this spirit of detente you're displaying. Firmino's goal was rightly offside even if Mane didn't make contact. He tried to and that's what made it offside.

Comment

I've got to say that Vertonghen's assault on firmino was extraordinary. You see Sylvester Stallone do that move every 30 seconds or so in Cliffhanger.

That was quite a good game. That's Shit on a stick 2.0. Two teams trying to do broadly the same thing, in broadly the same way, at broadly the same stage in their development cancelling each other out, until the game is turned by an event/set piece. The difference between this and Shit on a stick 1.0 is that both teams have a plan for what to do with the ball. Definite penalty at the end but only visible on the replay. I don't think it helped Son that based on his track record, there was a very high chance that his shot would have ended up there without any assistance from Mane.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
            Oh dear. I hate to contradict you what with this spirit of detente you're displaying. Firmino's goal was rightly offside even if Mane didn't make contact. He tried to and that's what made it offside.
            Ha ha - had to be! Now I need to see it again, yet...can't...quite...bring myself...

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
              I don't think it helped Son that based on his track record, there was a very high chance that his shot would have ended up there without any assistance from Mane.
              Which 'track record' is that? The one of almost fifty goals from the wing in three seasons?

Ooh, just seen it again. Definite pen.

Comment

If Liverpool could have passed the ball to each other in midfield today just once or twice it would have been nice. And as for the front three, none of them are on the same wavelength yet. Someone's going to tear this side to shreds soon, it may well be PSG on Tuesday. At least if they do it that's something that can be recovered from.

Comment

And as someone who has suffered a cornea scratch, it's no fucking laughing matter, I can tell you. The Spurs lad should have got a straight red for that. You could see he meant it.
                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 15-09-2018, 14:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                    Which 'track record' is that? The one of almost fifty goals from the wing in three seasons?

Ooh, just seen it again. Definite pen.
                    Son has to decide if he's going to be the new arjen robben, or the new emile heskey. Right now he has the most wildly inconsistent shooting of any top player out there. Sometimes he's hammering the net off with laser like accuracy, sometimes it's like he's got toblerone shaped feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                      And as someone who has suffered a cornea scratch, it's no fucking laughing matter, I can tell you. The Spurs lad should have got a straight red for that. You could see he meant it.
                      It was like watching Hans Gruber falling off the Nagatomi building.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                        Son has to decide if he's going to be the new arjen robben, or the new emile heskey. Right now he has the most wildly inconsistent shooting of any top player out there. Sometimes he's hammering the net off with laser like accuracy, sometimes it's like he's got toblerone shaped feet.
                        Baffling analysis but you're free to entertain whatever notion you choose. Son's not actually an out-and-out striker, so if he can maintain the finish rate as described above, well, he's welcome to stick the (very) occasional shinner into Wembley High Road.

Comment

Comment

Yowzer.

Comment

Chelsea going top on goal difference. Thanks a lot, Colin.

Comment

Verts might well see a retrospective punishment for that. Why do they do it, ffs?

Meanwhile, Utd doing to Watford what we 'should' have been doing a fortnight ago. (So far, anyway.)

Comment

filling the team with giants and pumping the ball in at set pieces? I got a whatsapp asking if I knew what the United Pack weight was.

Comment

Andre Gray pulls one back as man utd's midfield completely loses their shape.

Comment

Matic deservedly sent off for a blatant hackdown, but United hold out for the three points.

Comment

Yep, Son should have had a penalty there.

Comment

Harry Maguire benefiting from his post world cup fame there. Should have been a second yellow and an early bath.

Comment

Lukaku scores with his tum.

What is this Man Utd change kit meant to be? It seems to be helping their fouls go undetected.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                              Harry Maguire benefiting from his post world cup fame there. Should have been a second yellow and an early bath.
                                              "England's Harry Maguire" to give him his full name. Wes Morgan committed two near-identical fouls and was rightly sent off, but then again he chose to play for Jamaica so he doesn't get the benefit of the England Hero Red Card Nullifier (© Football Association 1998-present)
                                              Last edited by blameless; 15-09-2018, 23:12.

Comment

oh it's much older than 1998

Comment

Oh I realise that England internationals have been getting friendly decisions from FA-appointed refs for longer, but it's only really been this blatant for the last 20 years or so (ever since Alan Shearer escaped punishment for kicking Neil Lennon in the head).

Comment

West Ham take the lead at Goodison with a decent counter-attack goal from Yarmolenko.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X