X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouldy Old Dough is now my earworm.

Comment

Sorry about that.

That same week, I bought my first single - Donna by 10cc, which then-currently sat at #2 behind the Pigeon. (I'd had a couple of others given me, but this was purchased with pocket money, etc.)

Comment

The targets that mourinho had over the summer were Harry fucking Maguire, yerry Mina, Diego Godin (who was using man utd to get a new contract at atletico) Ivan Perisic, and mario fucking mandzukic. A massively overpriced Mediocrity who played every minute of the season in the fifth worst defence in the league, a giant colombian who nodded in a few corners at the world cup, but who Barcelona wondered had he ever seen the ball played on the ground, a 32 year old who would require the man utd defence to go no higher than the 18 yard line, a 29 year old who scores half as often as anthony Martial in serie A, and a 32 year old forward whose USP is that though he's slower, he's bigger and stronger than the typical italian right back.

It's worth pointing out that he spotted all of these players on his four week holiday in Russia. So he was working hard over there.

No idea what's happened with Martial. I mean, the same things I've said about Rashford apply to him but Martial's attitude hasn't been great.

There's nothing wrong with Martial, even if you don't take into account that the manager is trying to drive him out of the club. He scored a goal every 180 minutes last season, and scored one in every six shots, which is very good going for a winger, operating under those instructions. (it's the same as lukaku btw) This has nothing to do with him, his attitude, or his ability. Last january he scored four goals in five games, then united bought Alexis sanchez. He didn't score in the first hour of the next game, and then was left out for nearly a month, while Alexis Sanchez did his best impression of Juan Veron.

The bizarre thing here is that the man utd board won't let him sell Martial because they think he's really good, and an amazing prospect for the future, yet they won't fire mourinho for treating him like dirt.

Comment

Time to resurrect this thread...

Comment

Liverpool deservedly one up at a rather feeble Leicester.

Comment

All Leicester for the last 10 mins

Comment

Liverpool score a second just as Leicester were getting back into the game. Good header by Firmino.

Comment

Total Football from Leicester as Maguire and Chilwell embark on some free jazz runs.

Leicester have got back in the game but Liverpool attacks still look more dangerous (as you'd expect from Salah and co, really).

Well yes, that's exactly what I was worried about. We're too soft.

Comment

Leicester were much the better team there for 25-30 minutes. It was only the last 5 when Liverpool slowed it down again that they got control back. 2nd goal against the run of play, really.

Comment

Says a Liverpool fan who knows his team won't have to face Vardy today.

I like what Leicester are trying to do but the defending has been sloppy and Liverpool look far more menacing.

Oh good, I've found a non-English stream.

Comment

Can I say how much I love this fixture? It was the Leicester vs Liverpool games in 80-81 that first brought the Foxes to my attention.

Leicester playing well 2nd half. It's good to remember that Chilwell, Maddison and Gray are under 22, and Gray isn't actually a striker... and Pool almost get a 3rd on the counter.

Comment

That's a fairly cynical challenge by Ghezzal. Leicester still more than capable of getting something out of this, Liverpool look constantly on the back foot when defending.

Comment

See? Alisson dicking around after a poor backpass from Van Dijk.

Comment

Yesssss, wasp goalie punishment!

Comment

Leicester definitely deserve something from this game..

Comment

I rather think* he'll be putting the next one straight into row Z.

*hope

Comment

It's one of those days where all the passes are a yard short and all the bounces go against you.

Comment

Please tell me that Pool fans sing "The best things in life are free, but you can give them to the birds and bees, now give me Mané"

Game's gone a bit flat, but maybe Okazaki will liven things up.

Comment

That looked painful.

Comment

Serves him right. He's got away with 6 or 7 shirt pulls.

Comment

Playing for the corner with 5 to go. Dodgy.

Comment

That feels like a very lucky three points.

Comment

It does indeed. Leicester were better for all but 20 mins.
                                                That said, they didn't create anything. It took a howler from Allison for them to get a goal.

Comment

I'm convinced that would have been a completely different game had a certain striker been playing.

Comment

Robbie Fowler?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X