No announcement yet.

FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prize in the pub quiz, EIM? Put it down as a business expense.

Comment

I reckon Mou will try and grind out a 1-0. Never underestimate the opposition.

Comment

It's been six or seven years since I've been to a game, but on seeing 'Wrexham or Newport vs Leicester City' I still had a split-second thought of "Yes! New trip!" I wonder if it ever goes away.

Comment

I may have to go to Manchester's Commonwealth Games' Stadium. When do they decide which Manchester club is playing when?

Comment

City are at home to Liverpool in the league on the Thursday night, so your game won't be until Sunday at least.

Comment

Lincoln get a good draw again. The media love in with them continues apace.

Comment

Burnley v Barnsley...

Where would Solihull v Arsenal be played? St Andrews? Villa Park? Or just switch it?

Comment

Thanks le. Do I make a weekend of it then? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                    Burnley v Barnsley...

Where would Solihull v Arsenal be played? St Andrews? Villa Park? Or just switch it?

it will be played at Solihull unless there are compelling safety concerns/fears. Which there shouldn't be as Solihull's ground meets National League requirements.

The FA clamped down on smaller clubs switching for a big pay day a few years ago.

Comment

Sutton hosted arsenal a couple of years back.

Newcastle made themselves pretty unpopular by somewhat highhandedly assuming Stevenage would switch an fa cup tie back in the 90s, and getting the hump when they wouldn't. Worked out alright tho as newcastle got their home game against stevenage ten days later lol

Comment

Thanks. I'm behind the times on this one; thought switching was still the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by ingoldale View Post
                          Lincoln get a good draw again. The media love in with them continues apace.
                          Almost as obsessed as Grimsby fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by wittoner View Post
                            it will be played at Solihull unless there are compelling safety concerns/fears. Which there shouldn't be as Solihull's ground meets National League requirements.

The FA clamped down on smaller clubs switching for a big pay day a few years ago.
                            Yes, and I think odious scumbag Graham Westley switching Farnborough's tie versus Arsenal to Highbury when he was chairman (and then leaving the club soon after with the takings and a lot of players) was a main reason for the tightening of the rules.

Comment

My mum grew up the other side of elmdon park fron Solihull's ground, my grandad worked at the jaguar-land rover plant next door to it, so i suppose i should be excited about this (although neither ground nor club existed back then)

Comment

They'll get beat by blackpool anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                  Almost as obsessed as Grimsby fans are.
                                  Worrying times for us really. I saw a few pictures of the new training ground a few days ago - it looks amazing. Lincoln are in danger of leaving us behind in terms of facilities and they already have a better location for attracting players. We could lose a generation of fans if they go up a division or two - especially in areas around Skegness, Horncastle and Louth where there have traditionally been good numbers of Town fans compared to Lincoln.

Comment

3rd round TV games (copied from elsewhere, so I haven't verified them)

Tranmere or Southport v Spurs, bt2 Fri 7.45pm
                                    Man U v Reading , bt2 Sat 12.30pm
                                    Solihull or Blackpool v Arsenal, Sat 5.30pm bt2
                                    Woking v Watford, Sun 2pm bt2
                                    Wrexham or Newport v Leicester. Sun 4.30pm bbc1
                                    Wolves v Liverpool, Mon 7.45pm bbc1

Can't wait to see Man Utd at home to Reading for the second time in 3 seasons. BT Sport pulling out the game all football fans want to see there...

Comment

Oooh, I might try and get to that Woking v Watford game as it's on the Sunday.

Comment

So, the FA's latest great idea to spice up the Cup is to shift a load of games off the Saturday 3pm slot for the benefit of "overseas TV coverage". There's now a further six fixtures at 12.30pm Saturday, four at 5.30pm Saturday and six at 2pm Sunday. Including such potential ratings winners as Sheffield Wednesday - Luton, Crystal Palace - Grimsby, Millwall - Hull and Preston - TheLikesOfDoncaster. I mean, fuck those dwindling numbers of us who actually might bother to go to these games eh?

Also notice they announced it at 5pm Friday, the scheduling equivalent of "send the awkward email immediately before you go for lunch".

Comment

That is a fucking weird, and very stupid, idea. Have they actually specifically stated that it's for overseas TV coverage, there can't be any such demand for most of the games surely?

Comment

They are on ESPN+ over here.

Not that anyone subscribes just for those.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              That is a fucking weird, and very stupid, idea. Have they actually specifically stated that it's for overseas TV coverage, there can't be any such demand for most of the games surely?
                                              Yes.

https://twitter.com/drfc_official/status/1071086938591911936

https://twitter.com/officialpompey/status/1071088324364918784

https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/1071087379048488961

Comment

Utterly mental.

A point of order though, surely announcing it at 5pm Friday is the scheduling equivalent of sending the awkward email at 5pm Friday?

Comment

Burnley v Barnsley also gets the 12:30 on Saturday treatment.

Comment

As I noted on another thread, Cup winners from 2021 going into Europa League 2 instead of EL1 so that plus these kick-offs makes another bad week for the competition.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X