No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foden puts England ahead by converting a simple chance and goes full point to my name on the back.

He’s a piece of work, isn’t he?

Comment

This is a cracking match. The fact that the England keeper (Anderson?) looks so dodgy means that there's no lead I'd be comfortable with.

Comment

Blimey, 4-2 England from a free kick after a stupid rugby tackle.

Comment

Bloody hell.

Comment

I wasn't expecting this after 35 minutes.

Comment

Spain now spoiling for a fight. Strange end to a good game.

Comment

Only watched the second half, but what a game, England have been phenomenal. Rhian Brewster was a pupil at the school where I did my PGCE placement, by all accounts, a lovely kid.

On another note, England are superb at producing a never ending stream of strong, pacey full-backs and attacking wide men. But it seems that producing players for the centre of the pitch is more challenging.

Comment

Spain ran out of gas and then lost their composure.

None of which detracts from an excellent second half by England.

Comment

It's fascinating to See an England team coming from 2-0 down to win 5-2 against spain, doing a very passable impression of Ajax 95-96.

Ursus, Foden is pointing at his back because if he doesn't milk this opportunity and become nationally famous, he's going to be playing at huddersfield in five years time.

Comment

Foden now has his shirt on backwards so you can see his name during the post-match interview. Erm.

Comment

So, England have won the U-17 World Cup, U-20 World Cup, and U-19 European Champs this year.

Are the FA actually doing something right? Or is this just good fortune?

Comment

Fantastic team work from England. Love watching their energy.

I’m never up to date with football fashion, so how long have the male sport bras been in vogue?

Comment

Highlight of the match for me aside from the goals was when Brewster walloped it into that nasty number 3's face from about three yards away and totally poleaxed him. The Spanish left back had been fouling Foden all the first half up til then and stamped on his back while he was on the ground. He'll go far...

Comment

Even I enjoyed that. That was a pretty unpleasant thing he did.

Comment

Three cracking goals in the Hull v Forest game

Comment

Well done young England. Putting on my AEB hat on. These recent underage results has me slightly worried. However as long as England appoint the likes of Southgate I'm good.

Comment

Don't worry TG, all these kids are either at Chelsea, or Man City.

Comment

Most of them won't likely play for either of those teams, mind.

Comment

Barcelona unperturbed by off-field events, win 2-0 away to Bilbao.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                          Foden now has his shirt on backwards so you can see his name during the post-match interview. Erm.
                                          Watching the presentation it looked like all the players had done so.

Comment

Had they? Then "erm" to the lot of them.

Comment

"Dejan Lovren left out after getting injured in the warm-up". Yeah right, more like given a kicking by his team-mates so he couldn't fuck it up for them again.

Comment

Which is more or less what I said.

Comment

So, anyone changed their opinion on Troy Deeney after trying to gouge Joe Allen's face yesterday?

Comment

Not at all, his behaviour towards Allen fitted very squarely with my previous opinion of him. This is a guy who has received a 10 month prison sentence for street violence. And as Etienne notes on the cricket thread, it takes an awful lot for a first time offender to be sentenced to jail for affray, to the point where Ben Stokes actions may not clear the bar for a custodial sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X