No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My original post(s) weren't meant to be taken completely flatly, but on reflection they were a bit 'goady', sorry.

'April Fool', or something.

Comment

I can confidently say that Arsenal v Stoke in an empty stadium is the most un super SUPER SUNDAY since Sky invented that term

Comment

Send in Alan Durban's clowns ...

Comment

I felt a bit sorry for Mane originally, the thought process behind what he is trying to do is very straight forward. He gets fouled, but he manages to keep his balance, and plans to carry on, but doesn't immediately realise that this foul is going to prevent him from getting his shot away, it takes him a split second to realise that the chance is gone, and since this is England, he's not going to get a penalty unless he falls to the ground in a pool of blood, teeth, piss and shit. He goes too late and then gets booked. The only way around this really is for referees to start giving penalties for situations where the foul doesn't knock over the player, but just robs them of control of the ball, like in the fucking rules.

Then again he's clearly a bit of a moron. he should really have been given a second yellow card, and I can't help feeling that the ref might have had a look at the first one again at half time. I don't think Jurgen klopp could believe that he was going to be able to substitute him. He said about as much afterwards.

Comment

Graham Poll on BT Sport Score reminded everyone that a handball is not an automatic yellow card. That said, given his record with yellow cards I'm not sure anyone should be listening to him.

But yes, Mane dived to try to win a penalty and then more than likely should have been sent off for an idiotic handball (notwithstanding the above comment and recognising the opportunity he denied Palace). I can only imagine that Klopp shouted the German equivalent of "PLAY TO THE FUCKING WHISTLE" at him repeatedly in the dressing room until he started to cry.

Then again it's Palace, so fuck 'em.*

*Gratuitous, blinkered comment for those that like them.

Comment

The interestingly-coiffed (a tribute to his late grandmother, apparently, what's wrong with flowers?) Aubameyang makes it two for Arsenal.

Comment

Then N'Diaye (sp?) gives away a needless penalty which Lacazette scores, denying Aubameyang a hat-trick.

Stoke could well be going down at this rate.

Comment

I think the bottom three are down,they all look hopeless

Comment

Possibly, but a couple of wins for Southampton on the back of terrible runs from Palace and Huddersfield could see some places swapped. There are a lot of underperforming teams in that bottom 6 or 7 (or 10, if you're being uncharitable).

Comment

A very good cross and a slight howler from Lloris gives Morata a decent header into the bottom corner for 1-0.

Expect this one to get a bit more feisty from here on in.

Comment

I'm surprised Spurs are only 2 points above Chelsea because my impression has been they were a much better side for most of the season. Perhaps Spurs' European run took more out of them, comparatively, or they just make more defensive howlers in games they should win?

I'd rather see Spurs in the Champions League than Chelsea; the entertainment value of their their Champions League games this season being a case in point. Chelsea having to do the Thursday night grind would be funnier.

Comment

Well, that was nice.

Comment

Fucking, hell, Eriksen! Caballero has football pie all over his shirt.

Comment

It went at some pace but Caballero just stood there, like Syd Little.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                Possibly, but a couple of wins for Southampton on the back of terrible runs from Palace and Huddersfield could see some places swapped. There are a lot of underperforming teams in that bottom 6 or 7 (or 10, if you're being uncharitable).
                                Huddersfield's run-in is reminiscent of Norwich's a few seasons back.

Comment

Dele Alli is a lot of things (let's not start again) but he is a great finisher when he's on his game. First touch to kill it, second to finish. Great goal.

Comment

Followed up by a scrappy one to make it 1-3. Scenes.

Comment

Given the last win was the day before Mandela's release, the consequent wait has been longer than his prison term.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                        Huddersfield's run-in is reminiscent of Norwich's a few seasons back.
                                        Southampton have a similar run in. Their rearranged game against Swansea looks critical for them.

Comment

Dele Alli is a lot of things (let's not start again) but he is a great finisher when he's on his game. First touch to kill it, second to finish. Great goal.
                                          He had a great second half, doing what he should have been doing all season. (Lately Alli seems to be swapping 'decent' shifts with Sonny, who today had a bit of a stinker, all told.)

But, you know, a pretty great day all round - for all kinds of reasons...

Comment

Ha. Get a lot of chocolate eggs, did you?

How long before Conte gets the push?

Comment

Ha. Get a lot of chocolate eggs, did you?
                                              'Spiritual' chocolate eggs, perhaps. Cannot remember the last time somebody bought me one.

'Chocolate egg', that is.

Comment

Without putting the mockers on, that should condemn Chelsea to Thursday night football.

IIRC Chelsea were the only Top 6 club left who had never had to do the Thursday night shift (either as Europa League qualifiers as parachuted from 3rd in their CL group).

Comment

Sure they did - they won the blessed thing in 2013...

Comment

Shit, sorry. That's how much it means to me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X