Hat Trick or Treat - Halloweekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean of the Shed wrote: 0-0 at HT between Tamworth and Fylde. Fylde's fans, what few there are, are dicks. Half a dozen morons stood around a drummer giving us top bantz with chants about someone texting his boyfriend and other such witticisms.
    I was stood next to them at Ferriby in the playoff final last season. They spent a lot of the game singing about how bad it was that there was no beer on sale in the ground despite the fact none of them was a day over 16. They chucked a couple of Fanta cans at the linesman when he gave a decision against them then looked absolutely terrified when 1 person confronted them. The future of fan culture is surely secure with these types.

Comment

Big Boobs and FIRE! wrote: Italy v Wales in the Rugby League World Cup Qualifier in a very sunny Monza.

Did you come across any mutilated pigeon carcasses up in that stand like I did the last time I was there?

Comment

First game of the day was a nicely competitive game, finishing 2-2 between Braddan and Foxdale. Foxdale scored a late goal which they thought had given them the win, but they gave away a penalty in the little time that was left to allow Braddan back into it.

Second game was not competitive. Peel led Ramsey 2-0 at half time, which was incredibly generous to Ramsey's performance. 65 minutes in it was 8-0 as Peel had an excellent period in which they seemed incapable of doing anything wrong. They eased off towards the end and Ramsey got a couple of consolation goals (one penalty and one long shot), leaving the final score 9-2.

Two very different grounds - Braddan play in a field which is used as a campsite during the TT, whilst Peel were playing at The Bowl, which is effectively the national stadium and can seat around 3000.

Comment

Yesterday was 10 hours standing in the mist and drizzle of Dyfnant forest watching the WRC. I watch a fair bit of motorsport, but every year I am genuinely awestruck by the pace of the top drivers on greasy Welsh gravel.

Today was 2 hours standing in the Paddock at Brunton Park (not pictured) watching Carlisle beat Crawley 3-1, despite not playing all that well. Crawley simply couldn't cope with high balls pumped into their box (Chelsea loanee Alex Davey looking especially ill-at-ease), and after scoring two like that, the win was topped off with a 25 yard screamer from the unlikely boot of Luke Joyce, who last scored for us in about 2007.

Comment

Beautiful afternoon to watch football, I was in short sleeves for the whole game, a much improved 0-1 win for Clapton against high flying Takeley.

Again, the Clapton manager seems to believe I'm the leader of the ultras and made a bee line towards me after the game. Sadly, this time I was well pissed after drinking 6 cans of Perla and gave him a sympathetic ear after the Brexit supporting twat had been called a racist in a song last Monday. He's "got black mates" so is upset, I told him to just go back to the dressing room but he then got into an argument with real ultras and things got a bit ugly as we waited for the coach to pick us up. I felt a bit bad on the coach, general atmosphere was down even though we'd won.

Comment

First game of the day. FC Camba v America in the grounds of Bois-Mermet prison.

Comment

My last planned game of the trip.

Game 18, Lausanne v Luzern in the Swiss Super League.

I'll get round to a report when I'm back.

Comment

At Gorings Mead for the match and there seems to be no known reason why today's programme has a shocking pink cover.

Another one of life's great mysteries - the Horsham branch of the Gideons are here to hand out copies of the New Testament with the HFC club badge on the front cover to players and club officials.

Comment

After 25 minutes it was 0-2, with Horsham's Terry Dodd stretchered off with a suspected broken ankle. Now half time, still 0-2, Dodd is lying in the function room waiting for an ambulance and Romford are down to ten men after a straight red for standing too close to a HFC player who blatantly dived.

Comment

The ten men went 0-3 up, the ambulance arrived after 51 minutes and Horsham have pulled a goal back.

We've been told to drink up as apparently it's an FA rule we're not allowed to drink pitch side and there's an FA bod in the stand.

Comment

Santutxu 0-2 Cultural de Durango

A rubbish game and a rubbish result.

Comment

If someone asked me to explain why I suspect the reasons would be forever on the tip of my tongue, but I'm going to Stoke v Swansea tonight. In a further twist I will be in the home end.

This really makes no sense at all, but arrangements have been made.

Comment

Tapiocahead wrote: I've been reading this site for many years and read Axel's contributions with interest and only relatively recently cottoned on to the fact that we were actually real life friends.
                            Ha, I've always wanted something like that to happen to me. Please send him my regards. It's been a long time since that OTF Leeds Christmasathon.

Comment

Working...
                            X