No announcement yet.

Long March on Moscow - WC Qualifiers, Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold on, since when in the fuck do FIFA punish stuff that is not in the referee's report?

Comment

Luxembourg are beating Bulgaria.

Comment

Netherlands get the breakthrough with a Robben penalty. Six to go.

Comment

Still Portugal 0-0 Switzerland.

Comment

That's the softest penalty I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
              That's the softest penalty I've seen in a long time.
              Give the ref a break! He somehow needs to engineer seven goals, and it's quite clear that they won't come from the Dutch footballers.

Comment

What a tackle/poke from Larsson that was.

Comment

Greece making hard work of getting the three points against Gibraltar

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                    Greece making hard work of getting the three points against Gibraltar
                    If there is any team the seeded play-off teams will want to be drawn against...

Comment

Woof!

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                        Give the ref a break! He somehow needs to engineer seven goals, and it's quite clear that they won't come from the Dutch footballers.
                        Well that was much better.

Comment

What a hit by Robben.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge Porbillas View Post
                            As for "hating Ireland" - the only team I activley dislike are Scotland.
                            Well, as a Shrewsbury follower, I'm a bit disappointed we've dropped off your radar.

Not being bothered about England now, I understand. The only people liable to hate the England team would be anyone forced to watch them.

As I write, Robben's just scored a beauty. Shame. I had hopes of Sweden scoring early and the game descending into a kung-fu fest.

2-0. Surely not...?

Comment

A Swiss own goal puts Portugal in front.

Comment

I'm not happy with this. If this ends 3-0, then all the Dutch pundits and media will fall over themselves pointing out how close we came to qualifying for the playoffs, and hadn't the Swedes won with this fluke 8-0 versus Luxemburg blah blah blah. Conveniently forgetting that we wouldn't be in this pickle if we hadn't along the way lost to fucking Bulgaria, and if this goal difference is such a decider here then maybe you want to do some damage control against the French instead of losing 4-0.

Instead, nothing will change about the way Dutch people think about football, and we won't qualify for EURO 2020 either.

Comment

All the seeds should be very confident of beating any non-seed. Denmark v Sweden might be the exception, being a Scandinavian derby.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                    A Swiss own goal puts Portugal in front.
                                    Portugal go top of the group and are old hands at holding a 1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                                      I guess we can add play acting to the list of horrible things in football that virtuous Wales would never dream of partaking in.
                                      Indeed. This for example was that unscrupulous bastard Shaun Maloney using his Jedi telekinesis to push Gareth Bale over, and not at all Bale kicking his own leg and diving for a penalty:

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                                        Well, as a Shrewsbury follower, I'm a bit disappointed we've dropped off your radar.
                                        If we were anywhere near likely to play you anytime soon, I'm sure my dislike of the Slops would resurface! Chester are just beyond disliking anymore, they are a parody of a club.

Comment

Thankfully, looks like Portugal won't be in the playoffs, for now at least.

Comment

I don't think Holland will get seven here, you know.

Comment

Ryan Babel is playing. Things must be worse than I thought for the Dutch.

Comment

If he hadn’t gone to Benitez fun free Liverpool while a nipper, maybe a player would have emerged there. But Drenthe got to play for Madrid and was absolute gash. That generation of Dutch starlets, Babel and Drenthe probably did the best. Jesus.

Comment

Netherlands since 1978 have had the widest fluctuations in form of any national team ever. From world top 4 to outside the top 30 in 3 Years? Probably a worse slide than 1978-82 and the first decade of this century.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                                    Indeed. This for example was that unscrupulous bastard Shaun Maloney using his Jedi telekinesis to push Gareth Bale over, and not at all Bale kicking his own leg and diving for a penalty:

a) Maloney himself admitted it was a penalty and not a dive ;

Bale didn't dive, there was contact' - Maloney defends Welshman and takes responsibility for penalty

b) AP was indulging in strawman bullshit anyway. I’ve explained what the booing was about for the incident in question and Ireland’s playacting was a minor, if persistent, part of their shithousery and is far from unique to them.
                                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-10-2017, 20:57.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X