Champions League QFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champions League QFs

Incandenza wrote: Chicharito has done pretty well tonight, I think. I hope he ends up at a club where he'll get regular playing time.
    Blimey, Inca, I would gave to say for once I completely disagree with you. It was only Hernandez's desperately poor finishing that had kept Atleti in this match : he's not up to it at this level. It was a huge irony that he ended up scoring the winner, but even he couldn't miss a knock-in from six yards.

I thought Arda's sending off was just plain wrong and it really swayed the game Real's way. I do get imp's frustration with games like this, though: the statistics of yellow cards awarded for simulation in CL knockout games are unknown to me, but I would have no doubt that they are a fraction of what they should be.
    On the plus side it's great to watch a Madrid derby in a bar in the city.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I hate Sergio Ramos.

Comment

Champions League QFs

yeah i thought hernandez was terrible too. he reminded me of ben stiller in meet the parents in terms of both appearance and haplessness.

also thought the red card was a mistake. seemed like the referee couldn't wait to give it.

hard to make an argument that real madrid didn't deserve to win the tie though.

Comment

Champions League QFs

that's not the first time that that double post thing has happened Tony. It's weird isn't it?

Didi Hamman had little sympathy for turan there, and he had a good point. If you are on a booking just don't go in for a challenge that high, as the slightest contact will get you another booking. turan is a fucking idiot. Elbow him in the face off the ball or something, but don't do that.

Comment

Champions League QFs

that's odd garcia, you thought scoring one goal from every eight chances was evidence of a world class player when Luis suarez was doing it, but not when javier hernandez does it.

Comment

Champions League QFs

depends though. you could be holger badstuber playing for bayern and lunge in with a crazy two-footed challenge and not get sent off. i doubt an atletico player would have escaped a red card if they'd put in a challenge like badstuber's.

Comment

Champions League QFs

that's odd garcia, you thought scoring one goal from every eight chances was evidence of a world class player when Luis suarez was doing it, but not when javier hernandez does it.
                you're so wry, berbaslug. always with the sideways glance!

Comment

Champions League QFs

you're right though, hernandez is pretty much as good as suárez. how will man united spend the Ł80 million madrid are bound to spend on him this summer?

Comment

Champions League QFs

Yes I've no idea how that double post occurred.

I think you are being tough on Arda. His instincts as a player are to contest a loose ball, which is pretty much all he did. There was no malice or intent to injure, it was neither reckless or malicious in any way. It was nothing, really, but Ramos knew that the referee had an itchy trigger finger and his reactions got the job done.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I dunno, maybe it was just down to where he was in the action, but I didn't think that any other players looked like scoring for Real Madrid other than Hernandez. Yes he missed two earlier good chances, but I thought he was causing more problems than Ronaldo, who only had that one chance near the end of the first half.

Hernandez definitely got the goal served up to him and anyone could have scored there, but so it goes.

Like I said, I hope he goes someplace where he's genuinely needed. It wouldn't be the first time that someone that Man Utd and Real Madrid considered surplus could be a really good player for another team.

Comment

Champions League QFs

It's really really difficult to get a straight red card in the champions league though. it's tricky enough to get a second yellow card, but turan was still being really stupid.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I think you are being tough on Arda. His instincts as a player are to contest a loose ball, which is pretty much all he did. There was no malice or intent to injure, it was neither reckless or malicious in any way. It was nothing, really, but Ramos knew that the referee had an itchy trigger finger and his reactions got the job done.

turan's instincts as a player include taking off his shoe and throwing it at a linesman. He's a fucking lunatic. the downside of spending your career in that grey area between the rules of the game, and what the referee sees, is that sometimes you get sent off at inopportune moments.

Comment

Champions League QFs

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: I think you are being tough on Arda. His instincts as a player are to contest a loose ball, which is pretty much all he did. There was no malice or intent to injure, it was neither reckless or malicious in any way. It was nothing, really, but Ramos knew that the referee had an itchy trigger finger and his reactions got the job done.

turan's instincts as a player involve taking off his shoe and throwing it at a linesman. He's a fucking lunatic.
                            Ah, come on. Would you define Eric Cantona by his ludicrous reactions at Selhurst Park or by the great football he played at United? Arda (turan, call him what the hell you like) was unlucky to go tonight despite having a temper tantrum weeks ago.

Comment

Champions League QFs

you're right though, hernandez is pretty much as good as suárez. how will man united spend the Ł80 million madrid are bound to spend on him this summer?

well he is already playing up front for one of the gruesome spanish twosome, and scoring the winner in a cl quarter final/madrid derby. maybe he's world class too

Comment

Champions League QFs

Hernandez was dreadful tonight because he is completely drained of confidence and currently expects to fail every times he shoots. He's scored enough times against strong teams in the past for us to know that it's not an inherent quality issue.

I thought the red card was ridiculous. And if we're getting into players' overall careers, Ramos is several hundred miles ahead of Arda in the doing bad shit on a football pitch stakes.

A bloody awful game. Imagine a Real Madrid-Juventus final.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Final possibilities:

Bayern - Juve
                                  Bayern - Real
                                  Barca - Bayern
                                  Barca - Real
                                  Barca - Juve
                                  Juve - Real

It's really difficult to care.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Tony C wrote:
                                    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!

turan's instincts as a player involve taking off his shoe and throwing it at a linesman. He's a fucking lunatic.
                                    Ah, come on. Would you define Eric Cantona by his ludicrous reactions at Selhurst Park or by the great football he played at United? Arda (turan, call him what the hell you like) was unlucky to go tonight despite having a temper tantrum weeks ago.
                                    Turan should be sent off in a lot of games though, and a first yellow card rarely affects him. and given cantona's tendency to stamp on people or retaliate violently, I wouldn't be so surpised if he were to get sent off.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I thought the red card was ridiculous. And if we're getting into players' overall careers, Ramos is several hundred miles ahead of Arda in the doing bad shit on a football pitch stakes.

this is true, but if ramos was on a booking and did what turan did, I'm pretty sure he too would have been sent off.

Comment

Champions League QFs

he would in his hole

Comment

Champions League QFs

he gets away with absolute murder most of the time, but here is a compilation of his 19 red cards for real madrid.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I can't believe his nickname is Rambo. Is it meant to be ironic?

Comment

Champions League QFs

I think it's because he has the mental capacities of a sheep

here's some previously unseen footage of Ramos and diego costa from last season

Comment

Champions League QFs

There was a great moment at the very beginning of the game that was caught on Canal+ coverage cameras: Hernandez was engaging himself in some particularly stagey ´on his knees praying to God for good fortune´ gesture when Atleti simply kicked off, making him quickly and prematurely leave his divine creator and start tracking back.

A nice metaphor to contrast the ostentatious nature of Real with the get-on-with-it attitude of Simeone´s Atleti.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Hernandez does that before every single game.

Comment

Champions League QFs

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Who is that big bowsie there with Simeone? I'd love to see rui Faria trying it on with him.
                                                    I don't know about Rui Faria but The Special One has tried to be smart with him http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/atletico-coach-mono-burgos-blasted-jose-mourinho-im-not-tito-ill-rip-your-head-off/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X