Champions League QFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champions League QFs

Reading on Twitter that Sergio Ramos appears to be playing in midfield tonight.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Chiellini with a comedy booking within a minute. Slips up in possession, threatens to send a Monaco player on a breakaway but manages to avoid that by slapping the ball away.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Pretty drab games so far.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Incandenza wrote: Pretty drab games so far.
          Forerunner for understatement of the year, Inca. Entertainment is not the goal of any team this evening.

Comment

Champions League QFs

It might (see also basketball), but Slovenia isn't as good as either of those sports as the other former Yugoslav republics (and they are light years away in water polo, which another source of potential keepers).

Comment

Champions League QFs

Handball did great things for peter schmeichel. It taught him how to make himself huge for one on ones, come out to challenge oncoming forwards, and taught him how to throw the ball fifty yards onto a wingers toe.

This game is full of horrible niggly nonsense. Could someone please do something untoward to sergio ramos pretty please.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I thought it didn't need to be said that you Shouldn't get caught. Turan is a dick.

Did he even make contact with him?

Comment

Champions League QFs

Arda Turan second yellow card. Heading to penalties for sure now.

Comment

Champions League QFs

It's about to get a lot more heated. I'd like to see a bit more football but I actually like it when a game threatens to turn into a riot.

Comment

Champions League QFs

how did hernandez get away from godin there? he had his two arms around him, and was lying on top of him.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Chicharito has done pretty well tonight, I think. I hope he ends up at a club where he'll get regular playing time.

Comment

Champions League QFs

james's game is falling to pieces out there. That last pass, and the dreadful shot before it were rank.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Who is that big bowsie there with Simeone? I'd love to see rui Faria trying it on with him.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Dunno, but can you imagine how hard you have to be to be Cholo's muscle?

Comment

Champions League QFs

Great unselfishness from Ronaldo.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Inca, you had to do that, didn't you?

Comment

Champions League QFs

I'm filled with such conflicting feelings right now.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Juve through.

Comment

Champions League QFs

atletico remind me of don revie's leeds. They're just as skilful, just as cynical, and just as slow.

Comment

Champions League QFs

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Who is that big bowsie there with Simeone? I'd love to see rui Faria trying it on with him.
                                          I'm guessing that you're referring to well-known headcase German Burgos. Is this the man:

Comment

Champions League QFs

If you mean the guy that simeone thinks is about to actually explode at any second then yeah. Either that's the thickest bullet proof vest in the world or he's spent his time drinking in bars waiting to start fights.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Mr Beast wrote: It's about to get a lot more heated. I'd like to see a bit more football but I actually like it when a game threatens to turn into a riot.
                                              I feel similar. I sit watching this crap for hours, resenting my own interest, and end up feeling that a mass brawl - with several players getting hurt and even more getting red carded - would ultimately be what these two Madrid sides deserve most. At least one of them had to get knocked out.

Comment

Champions League QFs

who would win a footrace between Mario Mandzukic and Tony Cascarino? I think it would be very close, but You'd have to think that with the modern coaching methods, and less questionable refueling habits would give the croat the edge. That and tony cascarino is 52 years old.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Incandenza wrote: Chicharito has done pretty well tonight, I think. I hope he ends up at a club where he'll get regular playing time.
                                                  Blimey, Inca, I would gave to say for once I completely disagree with you. It was only Hernandez's desperately poor finishing that had kept Atleti in this match : he's not up to it at this level. It was a huge irony that he ended up scoring the winner, but even he couldn't miss a knock-in from six yards.

I thought Arda's sending off was just plain wrong and it really swayed the game Real's way. I do get imp's frustration with games like this, though: the statistics of yellow cards awarded for simulation in CL knockout games are unknown to me, but I would have no doubt that they are a fraction of what they should be.
                                                  On the plus side it's great to watch a Madrid derby in a bar in the city.

Comment

Champions League QFs

on the other hand when was the last time you saw a forward get away from the atletico defenders as often as that. That was a great save by oblak shortly before he scored, but i've never seen a forward make that much of a fool of godin.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X