• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Swifty a fish? A trout possibly...

Comment

Clearly a bird, Amor. Probably a swift.

Comment

Yeah i guessed that. But he/she still looks more like a fish to me.

Comment

Not a silence as such but feel this act of remembrance from West Ham's mascot should be recorded.

Comment

That's very good. It was a bit ostentatious of the Navy to bring four mascots though.

Comment

You ask for a mascot taking a knee . . .

Scrappy, Kennesaw State University of Georgia's mascot, takes a knee in support of five cheerleaders who had been suspended for doing the same.

Comment

Fantastic.

#imwithscrap
                Last edited by Benjm; 06-11-2017, 13:23.

Comment

I don't know how to embed a live image from the BBC's coverage into this thread, but this photographer gets plaudits for capturing Tottenham's mascot, at exactly the right moment ...

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                    Not a silence as such but feel this act of remembrance from West Ham's mascot should be recorded.

It's just not the same though without West Ham's hammer perpetually looking up in startlement.

Edit: Or, as BDG originally put it, "as if surprised and delighted to see a heron land on his garage roof".
                    Last edited by Various Artist; 06-11-2017, 16:36.

Comment

This one has the expression of a burns victim recovering in hospital whose just woken up to find The Queen visiting his ward

Comment

Hereford at the weekend:

Comment

Has the bull done an Erica Rowe and exposed himself there?

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                            I don't know how to embed a live image from the BBC's coverage into this thread, but this photographer gets plaudits for capturing Tottenham's mascot, at exactly the right moment ...
                            Does the usual image button not work?

Edit ; Ah, it does.

Comment

Boro Bear at Stevenage:

Comment

I see the quisling pinko bear isn't wearing a poppy on his oversize shirt. Shameful of the manufacturers not to have a giant poppy-bedecked version ready for such occasions.

Comment

Whaddney Robin at Cheltenham yesterday:

Comment

Talking of pink, what is with the colour of the stripes on the Stevenage shirts? Have they faded in the wash??

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                      I see the quisling pinko bear isn't wearing a poppy on his oversize shirt. Shameful of the manufacturers not to have a giant poppy-bedecked version ready for such occasions.
                                      I'm not sure. I think there is a poppy on his shirt but he is deliberately trying to cover it up with his oversized jaw. The bastard.

Comment

Not sure of the best place for this spoof page/photo. But I liked it and wanted to post it somewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/BritiainFur...496568/?type=3

Comment

Why are the poppies in the sternum area not the breast area?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            Why not both?

Comment

Hayden and the Peterborough rabbit (with carrot) standing with the mascots in the center circle during the silence

Comment

Please, it’s Peter Burrow (geddit, geddit?) the rabbit. I was wondering if anyone would manage to get a photo from the TV coverage as there wasn’t a suitable moment for me to do so at the game.

It was particularly crass to leave the two costumed mascots and the young child mascots at the centre spot while the teams and officials were around the centre circle. This meant when the wreaths were laid (by the father of a Wimbledon supporter who died from injuries sustained on a tour of duty in Afghanistan and a representative of his regiment) they were at the feet of three confused children and a costumed rabbit and Womble.

Though that possibly wasn’t the most ill-fitting image of the day which came from the two home supporters who chose Remembrance Sunday to wear “wacky” Wimbledon Xmas jumpers.

Comment

The rabbit seemed inclined to pick up a wreath until Haydon warned him off.
                                                  Last edited by ursus arctos; 12-11-2017, 18:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                                    Talking of pink, what is with the colour of the stripes on the Stevenage shirts? Have they faded in the wash??
                                                    I was wondering that too, and it was precisely what made me choose "pinko" as the 'appropriate' adjective.

Originally posted by MrLeam View Post
                                                    I'm not sure. I think there is a poppy on his shirt but he is deliberately trying to cover it up with his oversized jaw. The bastard.
                                                    Now, I debated this long and hard internally too, but concluded there was too much white space visible above the sponsor logo, where in the players' shirts the poppy sits. I don't think the larger size of the shirt means it's proportionately higher enough to have disappeared under his jaw.

Originally posted by MrLeam View Post
                                                    Symmetry, I always presume. I still haven't made my mind up whether it makes it look more or less like a bullet wound than would otherwise be the case.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X