Mascots observing minutes silences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mascots observing minutes silences

If we're just generally sharing mascots, here's Hampton & Richmond's Bertie the Beaver :

I would love to see evidence of him participating in a minute' silence.

Comment

While we're in the off season, might as well have this.

Last edited by Snake Plissken; 19-06-2017, 21:17.

Comment

Mexican baseball mascots go to the beach

Comment

Snake, that video is just brilliant.

Comment

Heheh, I've seen that one twice in recent weeks but I'm still in tears of laughter watching again just then. The faceplant at the end is just picture-perfect.

Comment

That is just brilliant. Tears rolling down my cheeks at that last one.

Comment

From the minute's applause at Shrewsbury v Bolton in April. Lenny and Mrs Lenny joined in.

Comment

At Crawley vs Cambridge this weekend: poke your tongue out if you're stood at the end.

Comment

Christ, for a moment there I thought he was also grabbing his crotch.

Comment

Nice beaver, but why does Hampton and Richmond have a north american critter for a mascot? Yes, I realise this is an extremely delayed reaction.

Comment

After The Beveree.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Have they found out if that penalty shoot-out is a record yet? The suspense is killing me.

Comment

Never fails to channel my inner Leslie Nielsen.

Comment

If you're interested in mascots (and hell why wouldn't you be if you're reading this thread) then I'd suggest taking a look at https://twitter.com/mondomascots twitter feed. Japan may well be the world leader in mascotting.

Comment

That twitter feed is wonderful. It also led my to the Wikipedia page of the "Japanese new religion, Happy Science" which includes the following sentence: "the organization's political wing, the Happiness Realization Party, promotes political views that include support for Japanese military expansion, support for the use of nuclear power, and denial of historical events such as the Nanjing Massacre in China"...

Comment

Fred the Red at yesterday's Manchester United v Barcelona Legends match.

I also found Macclesfield Town's mascot joining a silence while perusing their website earlier. Unfortunately I can't get the image off so you'll just have to visit their homepage and view it in all its glory.

Comment

No minute's silence here, but surely it must be worth a look at the J-League mascot -- Mr Pitch -- getting a trim.

Comment

Different method for Mrs Pitch?

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                        I also found Macclesfield Town's mascot joining a silence while perusing their website earlier.
                                        Given the ambiguous nature of the above sentence, am a little disappointed to find that the Macclesfield mascot isn't joining a silence absentmindedly while he's otherwise busy perusing their own website.

However, it is indeed still a fine image, not least because his fixed facial expression is just much too joyous:

Comment

Several clubs appear to have had their poppy silence yesterday, Walsall's Swifty is a serial participant in these and has joined in again.

As did the AFC Telford United mascot (a bull apparently)

Comment

I had a chance to be Bladud the Pig - the controversial and, to others, seemingly random Bath City mascot - the other week. There was no way I was going to do it but did consider asking my mate who, every time he sees the pig, tells him his days are numbered now that the club is community-owned. Anyway, that was interesting mascot-related news enough but, at half time, the opposition mascot from Braintree was wandering around the bar without his head on. Appalling behaviour.

Comment

Oh, man!

Comment

Why hasn't he got a poppy on his shirt?

Comment

That was the question being asked where I originally saw the photo;

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                    Swifty has been upgraded since the last time I noticed him. He's finally got some big mascot feet and the gold legs are new(ish) too, possibly a tribute to Colin Kaepernick. Are there any mascot taking a knee photos yet?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X