No announcement yet.

Poste traumatic stress - managerial comings and goings 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a lot of column inches being written about Stephen Kenny returning to Bohemians. I can't see it happening myself, for a start I doubt if we could afford his wages , for second, he would see it as a step backwards.

Comment

Where can Kenny go forward to?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
        Where can Kenny go forward to?
        I don't know, I'm looking through his eyes. Kenny is an extremely egotistical man, even by the standards of football managers.

Comment

Answering my own question his next job will be in LOI

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

I don't know, I'm looking through his eyes. Kenny is an extremely egotistical man, even by the standards of football managers.
            Is he? Met him a couple of times.

Seems far too 'nice', as in not ruthless enough, to be any great manager..

Though the Ma(!) is a fan.

Comment

He's obviously mellowed in the 20 years since I knew him , I never took to him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                Colin has left Aberdeen after leading them to the Scottish Cup Semi-Final. A bit strange, and certainly sudden. Maybe Sharon has finally had enough?
                No wins in the league, took them from possibly being able to chase a top six place to the middle of the relegation mire in just a few short weeks.

He was a disasterous appointment. Won two games, both of which were home cup ties, one of which was against Bonnyrigg Rose.

Everything about his behaviour speaks to a man who fancied a wee jolly up to Scotland thinking it would be easy, and found out it isn't. I'd imagine he's walked to protect his ego.

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post

Is he? Met him a couple of times.

Seems far too 'nice', as in not ruthless enough, to be any great manager..

Though the Ma(!) is a fan.
                  Anyone who heard his recent self justifying rant would not peg him as nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MyPieBurntMyMouth View Post

No wins in the league, took them from possibly being able to chase a top six place to the middle of the relegation mire in just a few short weeks.

He was a disasterous appointment. Won two games, both of which were home cup ties, one of which was against Bonnyrigg Rose.

Everything about his behaviour speaks to a man who fancied a wee jolly up to Scotland thinking it would be easy, and found out it isn't. I'd imagine he's walked to protect his ego.
                    Cheers. He's been taking short appointments for some time, but normally they haven't been that catastrophic. Finally feels like the end of the road, but we've thought that in the past!

Comment

I like that stat, as quoted in the Howl, that there have been more Watford managers since 2019 than Dalai Lamas since 1589.

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
                        Yeah, it felt a bit wrong to me, a bit chasing the latest craze. It hasn't done Worthing any good either. They've now lost four of their last five games (two of which were his last two). If they'd won those four games they'd only be two points behind Yeovil (who've slipped themselves a bit recently), and while that sounds improbable three of those four defeats were at home (two against teams in the bottom half of the table). They're still in the play-off places, but the gap has disappeared and a few of the teams below them have got games in hand. There are six play-off places the same, but it would be very bad for the club to miss out. They've already started renovation work on the ground, although that needed to be done anyway.

Has there ever been a managerial annulment and quick return of this type before? Nothing springs immediately to mind, but I am famously forgetful.
                        Try to listen to the last couple of minutes of his post-match interview from yesterday without welling up yourself. Ah man I desperately want this to work out for him (and us!).

Comment

BBC North West Tonight rather excited at the idea that Gareth Southgate won't be England manager at the next World Cup, but may be very close to their studios.

Comment

Bit of a surprise, that.

Comment

Not in the slightest to anyone following German football

Comment

That ain't me, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                                  Liam Manning heading to Bristol City after what feels like a ridiculously short spell at Oxford. Leaves a bit of a bitter taste tbh. It was looking promising, but I suspect that's our season done now .

How right I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Velvet View Post
                                    Has anyone checked on Toby?

Comment

Nice ambiguity in the BBC headline. Alonso: "My job is not over here".

So where is it?

Comment

Plymouth Argyle Sack Ian Foster

Comment

A huge light giving a wanker sign has just lit up the sky above Colin's Cornwall home.

Comment

An interesting one at Boreham Wood, with it being announced Luke Garrard will leave the club at the end of the season. It's interesting in the sense that, per the chairman's gushing statement, it's been prompted by their recent very poor run, which is likely to see them relegated from the National League, but they're not rolling the dice immediately and seeing if someone else can get a bit of a bounce to potentially keep them up. I imagine that's a sign that they think the outcome is inevitable, and there's no point starting the new incumbant with a negative experience, which does make some sense.

Garrard must be one of the longest-serving managers at a pro club in England having been there for the best part of a decade, taking charge of over 400 matches (which I think is about the number of managers Watford have had in the same period).

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                              A huge light giving a wanker sign has just lit up the sky above Colin's Cornwall home.
                                              He's been rudely* snubbed by the club, apparently

* or wisely

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

Has anyone checked on Toby?
                                                I don't want to talk about it.

Comment

So a 4-0 defeat to fellow relegation strugglers Borehamwood does for David Noble at Wealdstone.

Comment

According to Romanian football media (which is not the world's most reliable source), Amorim has signed to manage Liverpool

Comment

Working...
                                                    X