No announcement yet.

African Cup Of Nations 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's been a shocking amount of diving in this game.

Comment

No guarantee that this’ll even be won on penalties…

Comment

Iffy first for Senegal followed by an excellent one from Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
          Egypt have had a couple of very presentable chances and are playing their way back into this on the break.

Who's bet on penalties?
          When that early penalty was saved I suspected we'd be in for a goalless couple of hours and decided to watch other things, having already spent most of the weekend watching sport.

Comment

Egypt rattle the post with their second - advantage Senegal.

Comment

Gabaski saves! Back to Egypt to level it.

Comment

Egypt miss another. Mané can win it here.

Comment

Senegal win!

Comment

SADIOOOOOO!!!!

Comment

Mane (finally) settles it.

Senegal (finally) win an AfCON.

Comment

Thank fuck for that.

Comment

I wanted Senegal to win but I still feel bad for Salah. I know someone has to lose, but still.

Comment

Isn't a bit dumb to have Salah as fifth penalty taker given there is always a risk of the shootout not getting that far?

I am assuming he was due to take the fifth

Comment

He would have been, as he was in previous shootouts.

And yes, it is.

Comment

I'd love to know what Mane said to Salah at the end, there.

Comment

"Fuck off loser"...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                    I'd love to know what Mane said to Salah at the end, there.
                                    "Fuck, we've drawn Norwich in the cup."

Comment

Originally posted by moo cowe View Post

Beauty debut moo cowe!

Comment

Of course infested with Infantino but what the fuck was that trophy ceremony about? Well done Koulibaly for putting that crap where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkF View Post
                                          Of course infested with Infantino but what the fuck was that trophy ceremony about? Well done Koulibaly for putting that crap where it belongs.
                                          The president of Cameroon is 88 years old, and probably wouldn't survive walking those stairs to present the trophy to the winner.

The elegant solution, of course, would be to not involve the geriatic president of Cameroon in the trophy ceremony. But Koulibaly handled it well. Play along respectfully, and move as quickly as possible to the real party with his teammates. Added benefit was that Infantino stayed upstairs to hang out with the president, so that he was nowhere near the actual celebration of the Senegal team and fans.

Comment

Originally posted by moo cowe View Post
                                            Good grief moo cowe, that was a doozy of a debut post. And even if you never post again you'll have left a small yet perfectly formed oeuvre here. OTBC.

Edit: Wait, I say "debut" but there's a bell ringing in the back of my mind that says this might be a revived profile. Did you used to post as, say, moocowe (one word?) previously?

Further edit: Aha, yes my memory wasn't deceiving me: Guest was posting about 5 years ago! Welcome back then, assuming it's the same you
                                            Last edited by Various Artist; 07-02-2022, 00:40.

Comment

I was mooting to frau imp that teams who got through previous rounds on penalties should be automatically eliminated if they come up against a team who've got through by winning properly, and the game is level after 120 minutes. She said it's a shit idea (but she says that about most of my ideas, football or not), while I reckon I can get a column out of it. Just thought I'd run it by the collective, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                                Good grief moo cowe, that was a doozy of a debut post. And even if you never post again you'll have left a small yet perfectly formed oeuvre here. OTBC.

Edit: Wait, I say "debut" but there's a bell ringing in the back of my mind that says this might be a revived profile. Did you used to post as, say, moocowe (one word?) previously?

Further edit: Aha, yes my memory wasn't deceiving me: Guest was posting about 5 years ago! Welcome back then, assuming it's the same you
                                                Thank you.
                                                ​​​​​​Yes I was moocowe on the previous board.

Comment

Well moo cowe the board was moved but, if you hadn't realised it, your posting history and profile have been carried over and are still intact, so you should be able to pick up where you left off if you can remember your signin details. Or you might be able to get our benevolent tyrant Snake Plissken to merge your old and new profiles for you if you're locked out of the old one – a few people have done that already!

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                                    Well moo cowe the board was moved but, if you hadn't realised it, your posting history and profile have been carried over and are still intact, so you should be able to pick up where you left off if you can remember your signin details. Or you might be able to get our benevolent tyrant Snake Plissken to merge your old and new profiles for you if you're locked out of the old one – a few people have done that already!
                                                    I did try, but my original email was a work one and I have no way of retrieving any email from that. I'll start at one.
                                                    Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X