No announcement yet.

Sutton Who? - Division Four 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ach, sorry jwdd27 that's a full set of Lincolnshire clubs being relegated (except for Gainsborough Trinity, who were voted out).

Comment

They are making biscotti in Barrow now

https://twitter.com/whoatethesquid/status/1515000975207063554?s=21&t=fbU04nSn-qaE1oDXvJY2jw

Comment

Stevenage also won unfortunately, taking the shine off Barrow's big day marginally but mostly leaving Oldham looking in the most trouble.

Comment

So farewell then Scunthorpe. Commiserations.

FGR's league title starting to look in doubt now - Exeter have drawn to within two points of them at the top

Port Vale power on and with Mansfield's defeat against Sutton, the third promotion spot looks well within their grasp

Sutton themselves have put themselves back in the mix with that win and Swindon may be about to reverse a few weeks of decline with a 4-1 win at Harrogate.

Bristol Rovers and Northampton have firmed up play off spots with victories, that Rovers win proving a set back to Salford's own hopes. Newport and Tranmere also falling back.

Could be all change again on Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            Ach, sorry jwdd27 that's a full set of Lincolnshire clubs being relegated (except for Gainsborough Trinity, who were voted out).
            And forgetting county boundaries, Doncaster have also had a spin in the conference, so it's something of a relegation cluster it seems.

And thanks. A sad day but I've had most of the season to prepare and was spared any final day heartbreak.

Looking forward to a few new away days (although there are an awful lot of familiar names down there). Hoping both Grimsby and Halifax stay down to have a derby and a local away day for me.

Comment

Commiserations to the Iron, been there and it isn’t nice. Chance for a re-set but it needs strong characters to make it work.

Meanwhile, another incredibly frustrating afternoon watching my lot piss about against ten men for an hour and fail to do anything. Bradford should have won. One late bit of quality masking the fact every other team in the country is fitter than us and we have no clue about how to go about score a goal. These failings have been obvious all season so the fact nothing has been done just doubles the frustration. Mellon has run out of credit now for me. Especially with his attempt to justify the above post match, which a 5 year old could do a better job of.

Today ‘Bradford is a difficult place to go’. That’ll be Bradford who haven’t won at home since October.

Comment

Of course we beat Exeter today, to keep the interest alive.
                Stevenage and Oldham next up, which just adds to the the intrigue.
                Whoever scored first was going to win today, and somehow we managed that. Exeter looked *ok* but I’ve seen better sides this season and the fact we’ve done the double over them shows what an odd division this is.
                Tried to look at the positives today, if Clarke retires, and we get one more striker, there is the basis of a good young team to base a long term plan around over the next few years.

Comment

Forest Green Rovers now require one more point to seal automatic promotion. Title looks a little more likely now as well after Exeter's defeat

Biggest game of Easter Monday was at Vale Park where 10,800 saw Vale take the lead in the first two minutes but Bristol Rovers run out 3-1 winners. Vale still in the box seat for the automatic place but Rovers now firmly back in the hunt for it with three games to go

Northampton won as well and Sutton, with a game in hand, have also come up on the rails to challenge for the top three. Some very interesting matchdays to come

Mansfield, Salford, Newport and Swindon are all wobbling but still contending with Tranmere for the play off places

At the bottom, Stevenage were disappointed not to win at Scunthorpe but with Oldham losing they're now four points clear of the drop with a game in hand. Barrow are in the same position and Oldham have it all to do at this point

Game of the day on Saturday will again involve Bristol Rovers - home to Forest Green. As I mentioned above, FGR only need a point to seal promotion while the Gas know that a win here, with games v Rochdale and Scunthorpe to come, could very well see them make a huge stride towards automatic. Defeat and a Port Vale win at Walsall would mean a five point gap to Vale with two to play

Comment

Kudos to Dale Vince for flying the Palestinian flag at FGR.
                    https://twitter.com/DaleVince/status/1516119930910953474?t=-M-aunE1X80QvGQrGFIOiQ&s=19

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Crawley's manager suspended over allegations he used discriminatory language towards his own players. He's a 'character', isn't he?

Comment

A club suspending the manager over allegations he did something beyond the pale? Couldn't happen here.

Comment

Carlisle two down at Harrogate at half time. I'm watching on iFollow but I think I'm right in saying that Walt Flanagans Dog and Third rate Leszno have made the trip. At least it's a nice day.

Comment

Oldham fans invade the pitch with 10 minutes remaining against Salford, as things stand they will become the second club to play in both the Premier League and the National League.

Comment

Open to correction, but I think they would be the highest finisher to get relegated out of the Football League (sic), as former runners-up. Notts County have been 3rd. Have I missed any former champions? (Burnley came close).

Comment

https://twitter.com/officialoafc/status/1517922180184555521?s=21&t=QIoTIvDWf2X3ixkOE1bISA

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                    Open to correction, but I think they would be the highest finisher to get relegated out of the Football League (sic), as former runners-up. Notts County have been 3rd. Have I missed any former champions? (Burnley came close).
                                    Not that I didn't believe you but I was so surprised to hear about Oldham finishing second in the League that I had to check out Wiki to find out more. Turns out it wasn't the only thing I didn't know about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                      Oldham fans invade the pitch with 10 minutes remaining against Salford, as things stand they will become the second club to play in both the Premier League and the National League.
                                      Really, has no-one else ever done it before apart from us?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Really, has no-one else ever done it before apart from us?
                                        Both Luton and Notts County were relegated in 1991-92 and hence missed out on the brave new world.

Comment

Bradford went 2-0 up inside 5 minutes against Scunny, but only won 2-1 in the end, despite having 27 shots on goal. They only hit the target with 7, which suggests Hughes needs to either get them to practice, or tell them not to have shots from so far out. Or a bit of both.

Just two games left now, home to Hartlepool and away to Bristol Rovers, both of whom should be able to give us some tips on bouncing back.

Comment

I did some writing about Oldham last week, and my favourite fact that I found out was that at the end of the 1914/15 season they had two home matches and lost them both. A win from either would have made them the Football League champions for the next four years. (Instead, they were relegated in 1923 and didn't get back up until 1991.)

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                              Carlisle two down at Harrogate at half time. I'm watching on iFollow but I think I'm right in saying that Walt Flanagans Dog and Third rate Leszno have made the trip. At least it's a nice day.
                                              We did. Having a pint in a good pub and chatting with friends in the sunshine were good, but the football was pish. Players on the proverbial beach.

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
                                                I did some writing about Oldham last week, and my favourite fact that I found out was that at the end of the 1914/15 season they had two home matches and lost them both. A win from either would have made them the Football League champions for the next four years. (Instead, they were relegated in 1923 and didn't get back up until 1991.)
                                                And earlier that month Oldham had a game abandoned when one of their players refused to leave the pitch after being sent off...

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                  If we come down to the south east at all next season you'll have to come and join us, TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                                    If we come down to the south east at all next season you'll have to come and join us, TG.
                                                    Absolutely!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X