• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent stuff.

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

An arsehole who gets paid money to write about his arsehole opinions by arseholes. He's part of the RCP/IOI/Spiked gang of shits who deserve to, well, you know,
        Well

That helped

Comment

I mean, what part of it was wrong?

Comment

Not sure what else you want to know Guy.

Comment

IOI?

RCP?

Spiked I've vaguely heard of, but am unfamiliar with their work

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                IOI?

RCP?

You should get the Internet, Guy. A magical tool that puts a world of information literally at your fingertips.

Comment

I've never heard of RCP or IOI either. And I also know almost nothing about Spiked.

Comment

RCP is Revolutionary Communist Party. IOI is a girl band from South Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                      IOI?

RCP?

Well, Guy hasn't got you on ignore yet DCI Harry Batt . Work harder.

Comment

QPR are my new favourite Championship team after that.

Comment

QPR are Queen's Park Rangers by the way, Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                            QPR are my new favourite Championship team after that.
                            I think they're mine too. And I (at least theoretically) support a team in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                              RCP is Revolutionary Communist Party. IOI is a girl band from South Korea.
                              Thanks

Comment

ioi is “instititute of ideas” the grift the former revolutionary communist party colleagues had in between selling the next step
                                and advising Boris Johnson

on the millwall forums BLM are
                                like ISIS

https://twitter.com/fishplums/status/1336477079932645378?s=21

Comment

I've just learned that Mahlon Romeo, Millwall player who was quoted extensively on Saturday, is the son of Jazzie B out of Soul II Soul. (Sorry, that;s very much a meaningless aside in something which is very important)

Comment

For all your RCP/LM/IOI/Spiked needs

Comment

I hadn't previously read about how Millwall's hierarchy bullied players into not taking the knee for last night's game. Scum.

Comment

Where is that detailed?

Comment

Sorry Ray, if I had the energy I'd share the trawling various sources that brought me to that conclusion, but it wore me out emotionally doing it and I can't face repeating and recording it. This whole thing has been a nightmare, really. And for those at the sharp end, wow, I cannot imagine.

Comment

<Smileyfacethumbsupicon>

Comment

Sorry Ray, if I had the energy I'd share the trawling various sources that brought me to that conclusion, but it wore me out emotionally doing it and I can't face repeating and recording it. This whole thing has been a nightmare, really. And for those at the sharp end, wow, I cannot imagine.
                                              I respect that but even so it needs to be made more public.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

I respect that but even so it needs to be made more public.
                                                here's a millwall "changing room source" denying that there was coercion by the hierarchy but says that some players were intending to kneel but agreed not to following "discussions".
                                                https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ee-against-qpr

Comment

also kick it out really are fucking shit aren't they?

I was pleased to see that there was applause and cheers. Ultimately what do we want to create with this? We want to create unity and cohesion.

It may be a different message to what other clubs are using, it may be different to taking the knee, but ultimately they've got all the club behind it. They've got the fans and the players, and it was really important that the players were part of this.

What we wanted to create was the ability for the players to protest in a way in which they felt comfortable and free from the risk of sanction.

QPR haven't been taking the knee but decided to last night. That's a free choice. What I would rather us focus on is, this created some cohesion and unity and that's actually what we're after.
                                                  yes let's not focus on a club falling into line to appease their racist fans lets concentrate on the fact that Millwall held up a "racism is bad" banner.
                                                  Last edited by Bizarre Löw Triangle; 09-12-2020, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                                                    Harry Pearson once wrote something about how when he lived in the New Cross, he never saw any football shirts or colours around other than Millwall's, and what a sterling tribute that was to the club's much admired work in the community. That or the power of fear.
                                                    This sounds overblown to me (pun unintended). I lived in SE London for 20 odd years (Woolwich mainly) and knew of many Millwall fans in Greenwich and Bexley Boroughs, as well a similar number of Charlton around Lewisham and Southwark. Of course Cold Blow Lane could be bleak and intimidating for away fans, but around New Cross Gate? It was, and presumably remains, a pretty diverse area with lots of students etc.

Of course I may have been much less observant than HP; or alternatively I may have been comparing SE14 with BT14 where I went to primary school in the early 70s. Where there really was a widespread power of fear...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X