Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The concentrated, undiluted, Summer transfer window. Hold your noses and swallow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    Like I said, there's more than one way, to not be in the 2021-22 champions league.

Yes, I did read your essay about Chelsea's financial situation. I'd love to enter into a discussion with you about them but frankly I've absolutely no idea of the numbers involved and couldn't say if you're literally on the money or wide of the mark. I suppose that I have to hope that the club has a handle on things but that might well be naive wishful thinking on my part.

But how about you apply that critical forensic analysis to your team. What sort of financial and footballing shape are Manchester United currently in?

Comment

Yer man will point out that Manchester United are poorer than church mice and have more injuries than the British Army had at the Somme...

Comment

Nah, it's like the French at Verdun.

Comment

I was thinking the Russians at Tannenberg.

Comment

It is pretty clear Chelsea are comfortable throwing a lot of money around this summer. Whether it is just making up for selling Hazard and the embargo or evidence of a rather bold financial strategy remains to be seen.

Comment

Chelsea certainly seem full of confidence in their accountants and/or lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

I'd love to enter into a discussion with you about them but frankly I've absolutely no idea of the numbers involved and couldn't say if you're literally on the money or wide of the mark.

Comment

Reggie Cannon is moving to Boavista as it turns out.

Comment

La Liga saying that Messi should get his Corona clause extension

Comment

Have you read a different version?

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1300085503644102656

Comment

I could swear the news report I saw said the opposite. Weird

Comment

There is a great deal of counter factual briefing going on

Comment

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1300774005360730112

Comment

Centre back Rob Dickie from Oxford United to QPR. Price a rumoured 2m plus add-ons. Some of that will presumably go to Reading from whom Oxford signed him 2seasons ago. Good player. Fair price.
                              Last edited by Nefertiti2; 01-09-2020, 13:19.

Comment

Donny van de Beek undergoing a medical at Old Trafford.

Comment

Centre back Rob Dickie from Oxford United to QPR. Price a rumoured 2m plus add-ons. Some of that will presumably go to Reading from whom Oxford signed him 2seasons ago. Good player. Fair price.

The latest attempt to solve our CB problem and overall defensive woes. On paper the club have plugged the two biggest positional deficiencies (though some of us think LB needs attention), we'll see how it works out on the pitch.

Comment

Seen a couple of tweets reporting that Gini Wijnaldum has decided to wind his career down by moving to a smaller club, and has agreed personal terms this morning.

Comment

Will they go for Thiago then?

Comment

We've signed the greatest named player in the history of the known universe
                                        Cheyenne Armani Keanu Roma Dunkley

I think it;s the working class simplicity of "Dunkley" that really makes it.

Comment

Incredible.

Similarly, I've always been fond of Che Zach Everton Fred Adams for its scattershot mingling of the mundane and the transcendent.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...clubs-finances

China tv deal cancelled, because they have no intention of paying for the coverage.

I notice that this hasn't happened to any of the leagues still in the EU. It turns out that Brexit means being the yellow rabbit in the hutch.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                              We've signed the greatest named player in the history of the known universe
                                              Cheyenne Armani Keanu Roma Dunkley

I think it;s the working class simplicity of "Dunkley" that really makes it.
                                              much loved at Oxford despite a fairly brief stay.

Comment

Taken some time to confirm after weeks of speculation, but Lincoln have signed Alex Palmer and Callum Morton on loan from WBA for the season. Very handy having a manager that was previous WBA Academy coach. Squad numbers have all been confirmed now, with Palmer our new no. 1 keeper (with Ethan Ross looking very capable back up). Glad we've got another striker in. We've also signed Remy Howarth, previously known as Trialist A. He's a winger, formerly a Blackburn youth player that was lastly playing for Cefn Druids in the Welsh Premier.

Comment

We've signed midfielder Little Tom Carroll on a free. It's his second stint with QPR, the first was as a Spurs loan under 'Arry. His nickname an indication of his effectiveness. Since then he's had some Prem experience, plus he'll be working with a manager who thinks coaching is more than just the way you get to away games. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                                    We've signed midfielder Little Tom Carroll on a free. It's his second stint with QPR, the first was as a Spurs loan under 'Arry. His nickname an indication of his effectiveness. Since then he's had some Prem experience, plus he'll be working with a manager who thinks coaching is more than just the way you get to away games. We'll see.
                                                    He really lost his way at Swansea, seemed decent at times but a little light weight. I was surprised he didn't get a chance with Potter or Cooper and he was actually paid off in January and left us. All a little strange.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X