Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The concentrated, undiluted, Summer transfer window. Hold your noses and swallow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're supposedly in for a handful of players, mainly strikers, before the door slams shut. They include Chris Willock (22) from Benfica. Albert Adomah (33) who's trying to leave Forest and is outspokenly a massive Rs fan. Southend's Charlie Kelman (18), and Andre Green (22) who's left Villa and who we could certainly use on left wing. We're also still interested in Macauley Bonne (24) from Charlton after having a bid turned down already.

Comment

Ben Godfrey confirmed from Norwich to Everton for ?25m plus ?5 add ons.

Comment

Ryan Sessegnon has gone to Hoffenheim on a season long loan.

Comment

Amad Traore joins Man United for €30m, but only in January - no signings actually made yet who could play in October, though the pursuit of both Cavani and Telles continues.

Comment

And it came to pass that, from the list above, we've signed Adomah on a free and Bonne for 2 million.

Comment

Theo Walcott has arrived at Southampton but the more interesting news I think is that Carillo has finally left on a free transfer. The club's record transfer only played 10 games in 2 years after being signed by Pelligrino, who was subsequently sacked. As transfers go it's probably one of the most wasteful in Premier League history when you account for the number of games played and the club's budget.

Comment

Jack Wilshere is now free to lie on another club's physio table.

Comment

Farewell then, Chris Smalling. It's testament to the ineptitude of all our other defenders that people still thought you, a player who got sent off for rugby tackling someone on the halfway line while on a booking in an FA Cup final, were a good option for the Manchester United first team. You will forever be remembered for your goals against City, amd for being the one out of Smalling and Jones that wasn't Jones.

Comment

Chris Willock signs for us. He's young, he's a forward and has an excellent international pedigree for his age. What's he doing with QPR then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                      Ben Godfrey confirmed from Norwich to Everton for ?25m plus ?5 add ons.
                      Which makes Spurs' valuation of Joe Rodon at 7 million offensive. I hope it's not Trevor Birch insider knowledge at the real state of our finances.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                        And it came to pass that, from the list above, we've signed Adomah on a free and Bonne for 2 million.
                        ?2m?! Fucking hell. He was absolutely useless against Lincoln the other week, perhaps he just wasn't trying.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post

?2m?! Fucking hell. He was absolutely useless against Lincoln the other week, perhaps he just wasn't trying.
                          Allegedly, and that includes the mysterious "add-ons." He did score in the last minute of additional time against Wednesday in his debut at the weekend, so that was positive.

Comment

Deadline to register players for Europe is tonight. I hope Joe Rodon is still a Swansea player this time tomorrow.

The Premier League is still massively outspending other European leagues, where is this money coming from?

Comment

Barmy Americans, oligarchs and despotic regimes. Mostly.

Comment

Except for the one club that has made a profit for the last four years, let 6 players leave at the end of July on a free and replaced two of them for a grand total outlay of ?1m. And managed to agree a fee for one player and then decided to try and haggle them down despite currently having zero fit players in the position.

Never mind, we've only got 10 senior outfield players out of contract at the end of this season and the manager being so fucked off with things that he'll decide to leave.

Comment

Speaking of Dyche - and I appreciate that Snake might not find this as weirdly amusing as I did - I had occasion to catch a snippet of 'Arry Redknapp on late(ish) night SSN when he remarked on Burnley's lack of transfer activity "I bet Sean's gone to bed at 8 o'clock tonight, in'ee?".

EDIT: Purely for the deadpan delivery. I don't have much against Sean Dyche other than the frog he keeps captive.
                                  Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 06-10-2020, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                    Chris Willock signs for us. He's young, he's a forward and has an excellent international pedigree for his age. What's he doing with QPR then?
                                    I assume shortly to be suffering a terrible injury that robs him of his pace/power/ability to move (delete as appropriate).

Comment

That's certainly a possibility. He claims Adel Taarabt (who's having a rather decent Indian Summer as a defensive mid-fielder at Benfica apparently) encouraged him to come to us. Which, if true, is rather nice of him.

Comment

Danny Welbeck available on a free after a mutual termination with Watford. I wonder what's happened there?

Comment

Too expensive for the second division?

Comment

According to The Athletic, that and he didn't want to play in the Championship.

Comment

So what's happening at Burnley? Do they have some big hidden debt?

Comment

Burnley are anticipating the losses from COVID?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                  According to The Athletic, that and he didn't want to play in the Championship.
                                                  He isn’t good enough to play in the championship

Comment

Wilshere and Welbeck should be in their absolute prime at 28/29, but both got paid off within 24 hours. It's hard to imagine many clubs in this country either a) being able to afford the sort of wages they've been on, or b) being willing to take the gamble on their fitness records.

There's quite a cohort of players in their generation (Also Sturridge, Walcott, Carroll, Oxlade-Chamberlain) who have had terrible "luck" with injuries, but who were perhaps also ultimately not as good as they appeared to be, or not motivated enough to maintain their initial levels.

I'm sure Wilshere and Welbeck will never have to worry about money even if they never kick a ball again so sympathy is limited (although Welbeck comes across as a decent lad).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X