No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumbo McGinnis View Post

Throwing about abusive claims of trying to be cool to suit some 40-something blokes who are offended by everything and moan about minor details on football shirts I’ve not met and really, have no intention of, is a weird, weird claim to make.
    How many of these shirts haven't you met? And why does it bother you that people moan about them? That's life.

Comment

Retracted.
      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 07-08-2020, 11:06.

Comment

You’re literally reducing yourself to abuse online to someone you don’t agree with. I would say that says more about you than me. I’m not trying to be anything but hey, opinions.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong in saying that it’s not a huge crime here. Arsenal have binned a load of low paid staff. They’re going to throw millions at a 32 year old. Businesses do stuff like this, I’m afraid. I’m sure there’ll be millionaires paying themselves big bonuses this year after making people redundant. It’s not nice, it’s probably morally wrong and I sympathise with those who’ve lost their jobs but it’s business and it’s going on. There’s not a lot you or I can do about it.
        There's absolutely something we can do about it. And there's certainly more we can do about it than shrug and say "it's s not as bad as people say it is. Bad things happen, get over it."

Comment

First up, can we please play the ball and not the man.

Second up, if someone has an issue with the way that people interact with each other on OTF, then may I politely suggest that rather than publicly objecting and trying to play the gallery, that they raise any issues directly with me. Otherwise, one might get the feeling that their objections are purely for show.
          Last edited by Snake Plissken; 07-08-2020, 10:39.

Comment

Last edited by That Night In Barcelona; 07-08-2020, 10:57. Reason: Not helpful

Comment

Saying "meh, it is what it is" is a good enough argument for the leader of the free world.

Comment

I think SP's point is that if one disagrees with an individual's post, then 'disagree with the post'. (In this case, I don't think that's especially difficult.) Whatever, it's preferable to casting nebulous aspersions about the poster himself, or what one arbitrarily infers to be his agenda.

It's not so much 'don't label someone a contrarian' as it is 'don't label someone'. Which I personally don't see as unreasonable.

Comment

I have retracted my post. Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                    I think SP's point is that if one disagrees with an individual's post, then 'disagree with the post'. (In this case, I don't think that's especially difficult.) Whatever, it's preferable to casting nebulous aspersions about the poster himself, or what one arbitrarily infers to be his agenda.

It's not so much 'don't label someone a contrarian' as it is 'don't label someone'. Which I personally don't see as unreasonable.
                    I disagree with this post.

Comment

I agree with Eric's's post.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                        I disagree with this post.
                        Very good. But how are you labelling me, I wonder?

Actually, I don't - but carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                          I agree with Eric's's post.
                          People like you always do. (Etc.)

Comment

How dare you. There's no-one like me.

Comment

On a less adversarial topic, one of the 55 who were let go was Irish Arsenal scout Steven Bradley, who has also Shamrock Rovers manager for the last 5 years. I remember at the time, there were a lot of Rovers fans pissed off that they were paying a full time manager ,who was also Rovers u21 manager, as well as getting money from Arsenal. I'm amazed that Arsenal were still paying him 5 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                On a less adversarial topic, one of the 55 who were let go was Irish Arsenal scout Steven Bradley, who has also Shamrock Rovers manager for the last 5 years. I remember at the time, there were a lot of Rovers fans pissed off that they were paying a full time manager ,who was also Rovers u21 manager, as well as getting money from Arsenal. I'm amazed that Arsenal were still paying him 5 years later.
                                Hard to believe. He must have made quite the impression when he was there given he never made a single appearance for the Arsenal first team

Comment

They closed a shop down in Finsbury Park recently. I’m not sure if it was COVID related or whether it was down to longer term sales numbers being down but what did you want Arsenal to do? They have a shop at the ground already and without matchdays and the lockdown, which presumably like other clubs saw them shut their online sales, their revenue will have dropped. Chuck in the fact that they already have a group of employees for the Emirates shop and whatever provisions there are in the retail sector in terms of numbers you’re allowed in one shop now, how do you expect them to employee all of them in one shop? Without knowing the full list of job cuts, I would hazard a guess that some of those employed in this shop would have gone and it’s not the crime many are claiming it is. You’re not going to keep on paying x amount of people to not work in a shop that doesn’t exist anymore.

If you're Arsenal, you could choose to retain and pay these people because you're a rich EPL club. Shrewsbury Town has managed not to make anyone redundant and has continued to pay wages to employees on zero-hours contracts, which they don't have to. That's Shrewsbury Town: home attendance 5000; replica shirt sales, 27; TV money, 38p. I'm sure there are other Div 3 examples.

Comment

"We took the decision, while people were on lockdown, that it just wasn’t right to release kids from the programme – and actually that we’ve got a role to play in the recovery,” he told the PA news agency.

“And I don’t say ‘recovery’ lightly. There’s going to be a recovery process here. People have been through trauma. Different people, different levels of trauma. Some people won’t have been affected too much. Some people have had a really difficult period of time.

“The football club has a duty to assist and aid young people’s recovery from what they’ve just been through. They have been deprived of social interaction, they haven’t been hanging out with their mates, their routine’s gone, their structure’s gone.

We’ve got a job to do to say: ‘Hey, at the end of all this come back with a smile on your face, play football, hang out with your mates.’"

Comment

It's basic community relations. Taking responsibility for the role you play in your city, which gave you the chance to be a BRC in the first place. "Giving back."

Comment

Originally posted by fospheny View Post

Hard to believe. He must have made quite the impression when he was there given he never made a single appearance for the Arsenal first team
                                        I remember watching Bradley make some classy looking passes for Arsenal reserves at Barnet back about 2004. The scout standing next to me didn't think Bradley, or anyone else on show, would help a lower division club on loan as they would be pushed off the ball too easily. The only exception he made was a "maybe" for John Spicer.

I see Mr Bradley managed a handful of appearances for Dunfermline and Falkirk and then spent the rest of his career in Ireland. Mr Spicer apparently played a couple of hundred times for Bournemouth, Burnley, Doncaster, Orient, Notts County and Southend, so I guess the scout knew what he was talking about. Also playing that night was Frankie Simek who later went to Wednesday.

Comment

Papu Gomez on Atalanta - "the club belongs to the city"
                                          Arsenal et al - "the club belongs to the owner"

Comment

Arsenal compounded their recent shame tonight by playing a friendly at Franchise.

Comment

Woah. How did I miss this whole cluster?

Comment

The 20-21 season thread should be No More Harry, arf.

Comment

Unless he says "sarri" (to the Greeks)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X