No announcement yet.

Your outliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That reminds me, I saw a baseball game in Havana 18 years ago but christ knows who or where. I don't think it was the major team or stadium there.

Comment

My guess would be Los Metropolitanos at the Estadio Chango Maderos (scroll down a bit)

You would remember having been at the Latinoamericano, and probably would recall having seen Industriales.

Metropolitanos are no more, leaving Industriales as Havana's only representative in the National Series.

Comment

Oh yes, that looks and sounds very much like it. Thanks.

Comment

Cape Town in South Africa - 3 matches at 2010 World Cup
          Bermuda national stadium numerous times.

Non Football
          Foxboro Stadium - Patriots v Bills 1997 ish
          Golf - Canadian Open in Vancouver

Comment

Estadio Azteca and Cruz Azul v Toluca (I think) in 1998. We broke down on a six lane motorway after the game, which was a pity.

Non-football: Newlands and Loftus Versveld in SA watching rugby union, MCG for Aussie rules and the Leichhardt Oval for rugby league in Balmain.

Comment

As a native and resident Northern Californian, my soccer outliers are:

1) National Stadium, Tokyo – saw about four Intercontinental (Toyota) Cups in the 1990s, when I lived in Japan.

2) Yokohama International Stadium – (pre-merger) Yokohama Marinos vs. Nagoya Grampus Eight.

3) White Hart Lane – Spurs vs. Leiceister, 2015 (made a pilgrimage to see the Lane before it was replaced).

Judging by the responses in this thread, I assume you'd have to have seen an actual sporting event in said stadiums to qualify as a groundhopping, but I have taken tours of the MCG and Anfield.

Comment

I'll add one:

Tokyo Dome – Leeds United vs. Botafogo in an exhibition match, August 1991. That Leeds team went on to win the last English First Division championship before the emergence of the Premier League.

Comment

Working...
                X