Rangers v Celtic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangers v Celtic

In that case, I think Rangers - even at 1/5 - are good value.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Even with Macgregor out for 3 weeks, and Cuellar and Weir suspended for the next game ?

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Cuellar and Weir are suspended for the cup game with St.Johnstone rather than any league games, IIRC.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Weir's suspended for the cup game, but Cuellar's suspended for the league game with Celtic. Something to do with Weir's suspension being for violent conduct, I think.

As for McGregor, I'd be prepared to bet he'll be in the team for the Celtic game.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Nakamura on the penalty:

"I picked up the ball and was going to give it to Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink but he said, 'No, no, I don't want it'. So then it was McDonald.

"If he hadn't wanted to take it then I was next in line and I didn't want to take it either."

Just as well the league can't be decided by penalty shoot out. Sounds like they could do with some players with a bit more character and courage.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Hell of a game so far, in the third and final installment of the Old Firm trilogy.

2-2 at half time, and Celtic will be by far the happiest of the two. Rangers have been the best team in the first half and Celtic haven't coped with their balls into the box. Rangers could have scored from a corner in the opening minute and both their goals have been from near post corners. Celtic's first looked a fraction offside.

You'd hope Rangers might tire in the second half, and Brown and Samaras are good players to come off the bench to exploit this, but at the moment you definitely see Celtic conceding again. I expect at least two more goals in the second half.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

I dont know about 'You'd hope', but I certainly would. It has sounded like a classic, while I have forced myself to stay off the internet today (hangover, and fear of big mouth). But on Soppycast it just looks like the usual kick and rush stuff.

Having said that, CMON THE HOOPS.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

what the fuck was hessegoor of funnelink doing? Jebus, he almost got him in the nipples with that tackle.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

I have decided to listen to more games on the radio (perfect timing, as the season is coming to an end.) That was one of my top 5 exciting moments in history (sex excluded, not that any sex would get close to my top 5 anyway). No idea who the commentator was, but he was ok, apart from a slight addiction to alliteration. Pat Nevin was his usual self, with some serious bias at times (fine if you are a Celtic fan, not so good if not).

It sounded as if Celtic bossed the game... I really hope Rangers arent as knackered as portrayed. I dont want them to win the league, and absolutely not to win the UEFA Cup, and if I am honest, it would be funny to see them lose to the pub team in the other cup final. In fact, sod 'em.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

great ending....a sending off and Boruc's t-shirt :-) :-) :-)
                      Forza Fiorentina

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

sorry, JSNTV, I quite want Bayern to win that thing. I AM an occasional masochist.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

gerontophile wrote:
                          sorry, JSNTV, I quite want Bayern to win that thing. I AM an occasional masochist.
                          I think Bayern are my preferred winner as well...purely because I've always had a great time in Germany on football trips :-)
                          It would be a travesty if that Rangers team made it to the final

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

yes... isnt the final in Manchester? oh shit... apologies to all Rangers fans but please, non specific deity, no.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

I'll say more later when I have time, but Boruc's t-shirt was utterly bam-headed and idiotic - an embarrassment to himself and Celtic.

On past occasions, he's had the moral high ground (with the whole blessing himself "outrage") and has wound up the Rangers fans for exactly the right reasons. Yesterday he behaved like a wanker.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

What was his T-shirt?

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Leech Weltser eat your heart out?

(I didnt notice, and if he did it, he is a cock.)

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

William Hill now say 4/9 Rangers, 13/8 Celtic. 65% to 35%, basically.

Hof's right. Boruc just looks like a Dick, Gascoigne with his upside-down orange flute. I was surprised that today's Graun have a three-quarter page spread showing off his underwear.

(Back of the shirt said "God bless the Pope" in English over a picture of Wojtyla).

Vordi- is it really a travesty? Fiorentina attacked at Ibrox, but some of the other teams they've played have been as limited as Rangers.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

As Duncan says, at the final whistle he took off his goalie shirt and paraded around the pitch with a "God Bless the Pope" t-shirt. I actually thought (assumed) it was a picture of Ratzinger on there, but it makes sense that it was Wojtyla, given his nationality.

It's a pretty bone-headed thing to do at any time really - but more so if you're a Celtic player, and even more so at an Old Firm match.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

The other problem with the t-shirt apart from the sheer stupidity of wearing it is that it was so cheap and tacky;

He should have gone with this;

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

I believe yesterday was some sort of Polish national day for JP2.
                                          i have no time for any religion myself but have no problem with him wearing that shirt..the problem is with those who find it offensive..the guy is a proud polish catholic and JP2 was a goalie..no big deal..the big deal is that up there it is a big deal..scotlands real shame :-)
                                          i get far more hot under the collar over born again cunts thanking jesus when they win anything..in fact my hatred of Brazil dates back to them winning the world cup in france and revealing t-shirts thanking god

and for the record...i'm a "fuck the queen and the pope" person :-)

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Vorderman, what exactly is the difference between the Brazilian t-shirts thanking God and Boruc's t-shirt yesterday (apart from the fact that Boruc chose to do it after a match that often sees people stabbed afterwards because of religious differences)?

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Ah, Hof has beaten me to my question.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Maybe he couldn't find anything else in the drawer that doesn't make him look fat....images of deceased pontiffs are meant to be slimming are n't they ?

The guy should concentrate on improving as a goalkeeper rather than being a prize wanker.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

JPII is like a mixture of Elvis and gandhi to poles of his age. it's really bizarre. It's hardly even a catholic thing any more.

Comment

Rangers v Celtic

Having been up in the Hielands for the past five days, I hadn't seen a TV or newspaper report or heard anything on the radio about the latest episode of the Old Firm. This is the pish I come back to.

You know what? Fuck Boruc, fuck his t-shirt, and fuck everyone else that perpetuates this shite.
                                                    Scotland's real shame
                                                    Aye, and the 40 fuckin' years I've had of it and the Old firm are more than fuckin' enough.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X