Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank eyed bastard

Comment

Not sure if it's still him, but Robbie Keane?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post

Despite that I'm still sick that Hungary lost and allowed Slovakia to go ahead of them in the group. My positive feelings towards Hungary are purely nostalgic but nevertheless sincere. Would love to see them qualify for another Euro or WC before I die - but quite frankly I'm getting no younger.
        They're still in contention in this group, though they have to go to both Croatia and Wales. I'd have the same feelings towards them, but for those scary black-clad ultras they've got. I wouldn't have wanted to be a Slovakia fan there last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
          Not sure if it's still him, but Robbie Keane?
          Yeah, Robbie Keane. That’s quite the record to still hold after a decade where most of the “big” teams have been playing 10 or 12 qualifying games every four years and more often than not winning them 5-0.

Comment

Enjoyed Nuhiu being at the centre of that feature on Kosovo just now.

Comment

Ireland u21s beat Sweden away 3.1 to keep them well in contention in a difficult group. Hopefully a few of them can kick on in the future.

Comment

AP will be delighted to hear that Ireland stuffed it right up the swedes in the u-21's, and are now a mere nine points ahead of them (Sweden have two games in hand) Sweden went ahead against the run of play, and Ireland missed a penalty

This is the equalizer

[URL]https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1171484284156203010[/URL]

This is the winner

[URL]https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1171488803980075013[/URL]

And this is as the swedes are desperately trying to get an equalizer.

[URL]https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1171490406581731330[/URL]

Comment

Gah, got distracted with the dinner, in the middle of getting those links

Comment

Hahaha get in

Comment

OK, that was quite funny.

Comment

Kosovo lead at Southampton

Comment

Any stats on earliest goals conceded at home by England?

Comment

Sterling levels with a header. England of old would have gone rabbit-in-the-headlights for the next eighty minutes before bundling in an equaliser.

Comment

England have previous at Southampton:

16 October 2002, 2-2 vs. FYR Macedonia, The Friends Provident St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton
                              Artim Sakiri's 11th minute goal was the sixth corner kick that England had conceded, the hapless Seaman failed to react to wind-assisted swirling ball

The humiliation was not over, for on 25 minutes a fairly innocuous low ball was played into the England penalty area, and though Sol Campbell was first there, he did not make good contact with his clearance, shuffling the ball out to the lurking Vance Trajanov. The midfielder found the perfect finish to curl the ball round Seaman.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                Any stats on earliest goals conceded at home by England?
                                Davide Gualtieri of San Marino. The fastest ever goal in any FIFA qualifying tournament at the time.
                                Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 10-09-2019, 19:00.

Comment

That was away, wasn't it?

Comment

Good point well made.

Comment

Kane gives England the lead and not from the spot.

Comment

Damn fine own goal.

Comment

1. I love how Stirling moves. He's so brilliantly balanced and nonchalant. Even when sprinting he looks super cool.
                                          2. That own goal was a work of art.

Comment

Two more goals now. Kosovo paying for not holding a defensive line.

Comment

Fucking hell. I'm now really pissed off that I missed the beginning of this match.

Comment

Bring Nuhiu on, you daft fucks.

Comment

I was very assertive to some bloke in the pub earlier that England would win 8-3, just so that he'd stop talking to me. If it does end up like that, and the way Kosovo are going for it, I'm going to end up with that twat following me around for ever, asking for betting tips.

Comment

Lithuania holding Portugal 1-1 at half time, France only 1-0 home to Andorra.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X