No announcement yet.

Euro 2020 Qualifiers and associated friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, young Harry Arter is still in his twenties for a few more months, and we can't expect him to make the step up to international football yet.

Comment

I'd personally be more worried about the fact that we can't accommodate a player who is likely to be right back on many people's team of the year.

Comment

Yeah. And he's played left back before... So could slot in there. Or is Enda Stevens some kind of footballing genius?

Comment

C'mon Georgia

Comment

I the master plan is to get Mick in for two years to further lower expectations so that Kenny can carry out a root and branch change to the international setup without too much pressure on his shoulders.

Comment

Greece's woes continue: 2-0 down in Bosnia.

Comment

People who enjoy putting together imaginary teams of historic players may like to note that Hagi just failed to get on the end of a Puscas cross to put Romania 4-1 up

Comment

After 75 minutes of the match, Italy are 5-0 up against a 10-man Liechtenstein and have had 38 shots. Wonder what the shots records are like.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    People who enjoy putting together imaginary teams of historic players may like to note that Hagi just failed to get on the end of a Puscas cross to put Romania 4-1 up
                    The great Arveladze was playing for Georgia

Comment

Perfect result for us, as Denmark come back from 0-3 down to draw 3-3 with Switzerland.

Comment

Some serious comebacks tonight Denmark 3-0 to 3-3. Sweden win 3-2 after being 2-0 down and Greece draw 2-2 with Bosnia (though part of that is because Pjanic got sent off)

Comment

Denmark's goals timed at 84, 88 & 90+3.

Comment

I think I would have preferred a winner in the Swiss Denmark game. Realistically our best chance is sneaking in behind a runaway leader.

Glenn Whelan played a lot better tonight than Arter has played in the last 18 months. It is a shame Doherty can't be accommodated. Personally I thought he combined with Coleman well in both games.

McClean continues to be brainless. I wouldn't be upset if he lost his place in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              Some serious comebacks tonight Denmark 3-0 to 3-3. Sweden win 3-2 after being 2-0 down and Greece draw 2-2 with Bosnia (though part of that is because Pjanic got sent off)
                              The Norwegians somehow equalised to make it 3-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                Don't forget to check out the Royal Bar's webcam tonight. Hopefully they'll be singing 'Marching through, Georgia'
                                Some oblique reference to passing Russians?

Comment

Just got in to Osijek for tomorrow's game it is still boiling here at 8:30pm. It's going to be 30 degrees for tomorrow's 3pm kick-off and I really can't work out why they're not playing it in the evening, unless UEFA dictate certain games need to be in the afternoon to fill the TV schedules.

It's going to be a tough one for us tomorrow even if Ben Davies is returning for this first leg of the qualifying away double header (he's missing the second game in Budapest. Would be delighted with a draw, to be honest.

Comment

Ireland notably improved from both the opening matches in the group and the O'Neill era - victory highly unlikely, but combative in defence and midfield.

Comment

Kosovo 1-0 up in Montenegro.

Comment

Perfectly respectable draw for Ireland in Copenhagen - Hojbjerg with the Danish opener, while Duffy rescued a point.

Comment

No shocks in tonight's European results - Montenegro eventually scramble an equaliser against Kosovo before the final whistle.

Comment

Hamilton and beglin make me want to smoke crack.

Comment

And Didi deflates all the pride/character bullshit Brady and speccy lad were coming out with.

Comment

What happened in Ukraine?

Comment

Mick seems to be intent on excluding/pissing off Ireland's best player.

I think I read somewhere that it's not the first time he's done it.

Comment

Wales v Croatia is live on S4C Sgorio if people want to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X