Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, Sinama Pongolle, it's the Europa League Knock-Heist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramsey's done a hamstring, I think.

Comment

Lacazette scores from a 25 yard free-kick, earning a 10 second "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oL" from the commentator.

Comment

4-3 to Chelsea now. I missed those,

Comment

Arsenal again playing in home shirts plus red shorts. Looks quite nice, actually. Presumably both their dark blue and horrible pistachio change kits clashed. Perhaps they should think about, say yellow shirts and blue shorts, which have sufficed for a lot of their history.

Comment

Eintracht now 2-0 up and going through on away goals

Comment

Benfica are looking desparate. Last week's free scoring team did not show up tonight. Whatever happened to them?

Comment

Joao Felix accidentally hits Hasebe in the head, the referee blows the whistle for a free kick to Frankfurt, and several Benfica players swarm the ref. It's as if they don't know they're in a hurry.

Comment

Well done Eintracht Frankfurt. Very funny.

Comment

How bad did Ramsey's injury look, we've got qualifiers in seven weeks!

Comment

I would like to congratulate both Arsenal and chelsea on adding two relatively draining, but temptingly winnable matches to their remaining fixture schedules, which were looking a little light on challenge as the race for fourth place. Hopefully it will give man utd the opportunity to overcome the setback they're going to have against Man City next wednesday, when they have to rest so many exhausted players. Also I'd like to wish Tottenham Hotspur well in their european endeavours. And if I could suggest, perhaps they should really make the most of their time in Amsterdam kick back and unwind a little maybe. They've had a very long and tiring season.

Comment

Isn't the route to a Champions League place for Arsenal and Chelsea now easier through the Europa than the PL? They have to win two ties versus 4 or 5, and Eintract and Valencia are clearly very beatable (arguably no tougher than a PL away game).

In that context, it made sense to go for the wins today.
                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 18-04-2019, 21:27.

Comment

Don't underestimate Valencia.

Comment

I think Tottenham, with injuries, suspensions and a thinner squad, will feel it a bit more than Arsenal and Chelsea, and there's a possibility that the glint of silverware could improve the PL form of those two after at times difficult seasons. Certainly Arsenal should question why they shit their pants when they go away in the Premier League, but can confidently go to Napoli and shut them down.
                            It will be interesting if they both get through to the final, with only one of them ECL qualified through league position. Would that team bother sending their strongest squad to Azerbaijan?

Comment

Certainly Arsenal should question why they shit their pants when they go away in the Premier League, but can confidently go to Napoli and shut them down.

Scoring an away goal in the premier league rarely requires the opposition to score 4 to get something out of the game. Did Napoli even try particularly hard after the 36th minute?

Arsenal have an eminently winnable home game against palace next, then they're away to Wolves and leicester, who are both chasing seventh. Then it's the home tie vs Valencia, then home to Brighton, away to valencia and then away to Burnley, with a potential final to worry about. Those three away PL games could be very tricky for Arsenal. They don't seem to do particularly well in this sort of game this season.

Chelsea have Burnley at home, then Man utd away, Eintracht Frankfurt away, then Watford at home, Eintracht Frankfurt away, and finally leicester at home. God only knows what Chelsea will turn up in any of these games.

Comment

Leicester away, actually.

There were some cracking goals in the Chelsea V Slavia game, mainly by the visitors, with two long-range digs and an angled header from 15 yards, (I love a long-range header). There was some very slick passing for Chelsea's goals but the comedy oggie for the second one saved Pedro's blushes, as he'd hit the post from about two yards with the goal gaping.

I've offered to get Alex A. a ticket for the SF as Frankfurt are one of his missing 100 Club teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                  Don't underestimate Valencia.
                                  Or indeed Eintracht - Jovic, Haller and Rebic can cause headaches to almost any team.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                    I would like to congratulate both Arsenal and chelsea on adding two relatively draining, but temptingly winnable matches to their remaining fixture schedules, which were looking a little light on challenge as the race for fourth place. Hopefully it will give man utd the opportunity to overcome the setback they're going to have against Man City next wednesday, when they have to rest so many exhausted players. Also I'd like to wish Tottenham Hotspur well in their european endeavours. And if I could suggest, perhaps they should really make the most of their time in Amsterdam kick back and unwind a little maybe. They've had a very long and tiring season.
                                    I may be wrong, but if Man United finish fourth ahead of Chelsea and Spurs but they both win their respective European competition and Watford win the FA Cup, won't they still have to go through the Europa League qualifying rounds in July?

Comment

Really hoping for a Valencia - Eintracht final, personally.

Comment

Same, obvs

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

I may be wrong, but if Man United finish fourth ahead of Chelsea and Spurs but they both win their respective European competition and Watford win the FA Cup, won't they still have to go through the Europa League qualifying rounds in July?
                                          That would be my understanding.

Fuck Valencia. This isn't 2000 anymore. they're just another branch of Jorge Mendes' empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                            I've offered to get Alex A. a ticket for the SF as Frankfurt are one of his missing 100 Club teams.

Is anyone friends with Alex Anderson on Facebook or some other platform? If so, could you let him know that he has a PM on OTF. Ta.

Comment

Done

Comment

I almost want Man United to finish fourth now, so that a potential Chelsea-Arsenal final has the added spice of being a direct playoff for a place in next season's Champions League.

I said "almost".

Comment

Can anyone here point me to a European final featuring two teams from the same country that was actually fun to watch?

Comment

The Atletico Madrid Athletic Bilbao UEFA Cup final in Bucharest 5ish years ago was OK

Comment

Working...
                                                    X