Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    What should I watch on Netflix? I think I'm not currently watching anything on Netflix.
    I had a look at what we’d watched lately and found a load of series we gave up on: Startup, Mindhunter, Traitors, The One. That’s not a good sign.

So my Netflix recommendation is Halston, then. Good bit of 60s/70s fun.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
      Anyone watch Manifest?
      Tried it when it first came on Sky a few years ago - it's the sort of thing I usually like.
      I managed about 3 or 4 episodes but it had this weird fundi Christian alpha course type vibe to it, which put me off it. Like the TV equivalent of Christian rock.

Comment

Alright, we'll give that a pass....

Comment

What should I watch on Netflix? I think I'm not currently watching anything on Netflix.
          Have you seen Wu Assassins?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post

Archer's last but one season just landed. Other than that, not a lot recently. Luckily I have an extensive backlog.
            Archer the "American adult animated sitcom created by Adam Reed for FX"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
              So my Netflix recommendation is Halston, then. Good bit of 60s/70s fun.
              Halston the "2021 American streaming television miniseries based on the life of designer Halston, starring Ewan McGregor"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Wu Assassins the "American supernatural action streaming television series, created by John Wirth and Tony Krantz that premiered on Netflix on August 8, 2019"?

Comment

(Thanks for the recs, just checking I've understood them all correctly)

Comment

(Thanks for the recs, just checking I've understood them all correctly)
                    Halston: tick. Try not to let young Obi Wan put you off.

Comment

I tend to think of him as that one off of out of Little Voice. I did see him on stage in Guys and Dolls, too - had a mate who was obsessed with him for a while.

Comment

I think of him as the guy who lets me make a stupid joke. If L says "it stars Ewan MacGregor" I'll say "it stars me and MacGregor?" And then she'll call me an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                          I think of him as the guy who lets me make a stupid joke. If L says "it stars Ewan MacGregor" I'll say "it stars me and MacGregor?" And then she'll call me an idiot.
                          Love it.

Comment

Wu Assassins the "American supernatural action streaming television series, created by John Wirth and Tony Krantz that premiered on Netflix on August 8, 2019"?
                            Correct.

Comment

Katla is not bad. It's super bleak looking. But if you're into Icelandic horror concerning dead people returning to life after being buried under an erupting volcano, it's definitely your bag.

In similar, but lighter, vein (heh!) Post Mortem: No One Dies in Skarnes, is a charming little vampire series from Norway. Not really gory and quite whimsical.

Comment

We're almost through Brand New Cherry Flavor, and I'm really not sure what we're watching. I assume I'll have to wait until the final minute before deciding whether it was all worth it...but it's an interesting idea. I think.

Comment

We've started watching The Chair, which is kind entertaining university workplace comedy stuff. Although in whichever episode we watched last there was a very contrived and very artificial feeling piece on how students are too quick to find offense in what someone says and made me quite angry.

Comment

Meanwhile, on the subject of Ewan McGregor... the missus said the other week that she'd never seen Big Fish, and neither had I. So she turned it on.

If you were designing a film for me to absolutely despise, you'd struggle to do better than Big Fish.

Tim Burton film? Yeugh.
                                    Doing lots of Tim Burton cliches? Yeugh
                                    Plus a mawkish Forrest Gump knock-off aspect to it? Yeugh.
                                    Ewan McGregor? Yeugh.
                                    Doing a really bad fake Alabama accent? Bleeeeurgh.

Horrible. Utterly horrible.

Comment

Archer the "American adult animated sitcom created by Adam Reed for FX"?
                                      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                        We've started watching The Chair, which is kind entertaining university workplace comedy stuff. Although in whichever episode we watched last there was a very contrived and very artificial feeling piece on how students are too quick to find offense in what someone says and made me quite angry.
                                        I don’t think that was unrealistic.

I’ve learned that a lot of the disputes on campuses aren’t about ideas, but just egos and entitlement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

That's great--thanks for the reminder. I think season 2 dropped on Netflix last month. I almost forgot.

Comment

So, Brand New Cherry Flavor....well, it was interesting. There was some weird shit, and a whack of cliches, but also some freaky ideas that gave you a chill. I'm not quite sure if it ended well or poorly, but...yeah...it was different. Still have no idea what the title means.

Comment

I thought season 1 of Wu Assassins started really well then mid way through just sort of dropped off a cliff and I barely made it to the end.

Comment

Y The Last Man is good enough so far after 2.5 episodes (they posted three, but I'm not done yet) that I'll keep at it.

Comment

Been watching "Vigil" on the BBC iPlayer.

Can someone tell me how anyone can manage to make a murder mystery set on a nuclear powered submarine with various Russian spy subplots so utterly tedious?

Not sure we'll make it all the way to Episode 6

Comment

Saw Summer of Soul at the cinema last night- it's great.
                                                    Sure I remember someone mentioning one particular performance (this thread? somewhere on music..?) but search threw up 72 hits from 2012 or earlier

Comment

Working...
                                                    X