No announcement yet.

Hugh Grant - worst actor of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did enjoy Spy. And The Meg. Signora Rogin and have a phrase "now there's a guarantee of quality" whenever we see that Jason Statham's on the cast list of any film

Comment

The Meg is terrible. Deep Blue Sea is a much more entertaining dumb giant shark movie, but, yes, the glory of Crank does redeem a lot of Statham's career.
      Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 18-12-2020, 12:01.

Comment

Grant is an absolute fucking arsehole. He used to drink in a pub I worked at off Fulham Road. Rude, ignorant, entitled dickhead.

The worst actor ever though, is Tom Hanks. He may be very good at acting, I don't know as I refuse to watch his films, but he is still the worst actor ever.

Paddington is skill.

Comment

No man is a hero to his barman. Except McClair, mibees.

Johnny Depp was great in Donnie Brasco but just seems to be doing bits in everything else. A fucking impressionist with cheekbones.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
            Aiden Gillen and Ewan McGregor should be prosecuted for their crimes. Clive Owen is fucking awful, not so much wooden as clenched; flicking over last week and catching the last hour of The International made me realise Children of Men is the only thing I could stand him in.
            He’s good in The Knick, which nobody saw.

Comment

I’m glad to see McGregor and Streep get mentions on this thread.

Statham is wonderful in Spy. Damages was great.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Paddington is skill.
                Big coat mafia sticking together as usual.

Comment

Grant is an absolute fucking arsehole. He used to drink in a pub I worked at off Fulham Road. Rude, ignorant, entitled dickhead.

The worst actor ever though, is Tom Hanks. He may be very good at acting, I don't know as I refuse to watch his films, but he is still the worst actor ever.

Paddington is skill.
                  Well as Jon Stewart said of HG, 'he's the worst guest we've ever had, and we've had dictators.'

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                    Aiden Gillen and Ewan McGregor should be prosecuted for their crimes.
                    Really? Oh. I quite like them. Sorry.

Comment

This is what I needed to read after a very tough two days digesting the baffling contents of this thread.

Comment

Statham is great and knows exactly his place in movies and the movie business. Got to like somebody who has that level of self-awareness. I have a sneaking liking for the remake of The Italian Job and he's great in that. And the first Transporter movie.

Jason Momoa is a weird one - he seems capable of so much more than he's been in, but had enough chances to prove it and failed. If he's not careful, he's going to get his niche filled by Roman Reigns and no-one apart from Vince McMahon wants that.

Comment

The Italian Job he was in was pretty good. (Odd that they'd "remake" a movie and the only thing used from the original is the title and the cars.)

Momoa has been good in the things I've seen him in, but the things I've seen him in haven't been that good. Like that Conan movie, for example. I thought he was the best thing in Justice League, which isn't saying a whole lot, but still. Right now he's just kind of a younger not-as-popular version of The Rock.

Comment

The Rock is fantastic, and if you think otherwise, I'll come round your house and force Moana earworms into your brane.

Comment

So Paddington has a cartoon bear and real-life actors?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Right. I don't know about that.

Comment

And runs around town naked apart from a duffle coat. Paddington, I mean. Not EIM.
                                    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 18-12-2020, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                      The Meg is terrible. Deep Blue Sea is a much more entertaining dumb giant shark movie, but, yes, the glory of Crank does redeem a lot of Statham's career.
                                      Add me to the list of Jason Statham afficianados. Spy, Crank, and especially The Bank Job.

Comment

I like Jason Statham. I don't like all of his films but he isn't the weak link in the bad ones.

Comment

As a fellow Healer in Greek born in '73 I couldn't step to Mr. S if I wanted to, of which I don't because of Crank which makes him tied for 1st place with the Greatest British actors with Mr. H.G.

A bad actor is Maria Pitillo. That's it. There's literally only one. An actor that utterly ruins Godzilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                            Don't Butler, along with Jason Statham, Vin Diesel and The Rock, fall into the category of "action heroes" rather than "actors"? I don't think Jason Momoa is going to be troubling the Academy too often, either.
                                            No, Butler fancies himself quite the character actor, aside from being an exciting thriller star and action hero.

Clive Owen is a good call as well. I don't dislike him, but he really isn't very good at all.

Comment

The thread title is ridiculous. HG is a pretty good actor. He was very good as Jeremy Thorpe.

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
                                                As a fellow Healer in Greek born in '73 I couldn't step to Mr. S if I wanted to, of which I don't because of Crank which makes him tied for 1st place with the Greatest British actors with Mr. H.G.

A bad actor is Maria Pitillo. That's it. There's literally only one. An actor that utterly ruins Godzilla.
                                                Ended her career

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                                                  The Rock is fantastic, and if you think otherwise, I'll come round your house and force Moana earworms into your brane.
                                                  I like The Rock just fine. I even watched that show where he’s a sports agent who somehow buys the Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                                                    The thread title is ridiculous. HG is a pretty good actor. He was very good as Jeremy Thorpe.
                                                    You're right, I probably shouldn't have bothered with the question mark.

If you want to credit someone with building a career on a single expression, then I guess you can classify that as "pretty good".

Comment

Working...
                                                    X