Getting books out of the library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love libraries.

On another tack, my sister is pretty famous (in family terms) for her sometimes ridiculous statements - for example, "I went for a walk earlier and nettled myself on something". On a similar theme:

"I went to the library earlier, Toby."

"Cool."

"I was going to get you a book but they didn't have any."

"Are you sure you went to the library?"
    Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 02-11-2023, 23:48.

Comment

Ms F's sister is a bit like that. Infamously commented during the news report about the attempted assassination of the pope "how terrible for his wife"

Comment

We were closing up the bar one night and one of the 'tenders said "We're almost ready to leave, but there's a woman here who's so drunk she can barely walk" and I stupidly said "Well, I can help her get to her car."
        Last edited by WOM; 06-11-2023, 02:05. Reason: Typo

Comment

When my wife was being some kind of witness for a friend who was getting a passport for her three month old son, the embassy handling the application called and asked, "How long have you known him?"

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
            Oh and I picked up a Duras novel from a neighbourhood windowsill library box in Charleroi in the summer, leaving a copy of Sight and Sound
            Thameslink railways have station libraries at a lot of their stations. Last time I was using Cricklewood there was five years of early 90s S&S magazines on its shelves. They were there a few days then all gone in one swoop. Unfortunately it wasn’t me swooping.

Comment

I added 12 more (mostly larger) boxes of French books to the stock in my office today. Former colleague who died at xmas, his son was doing the house clearance today. There is a notion that schools etc in francophone Africa might want them, tho there's a lot of Stalinist 60s stuff that might not get past censors.

I fished out a few novels and one or two other curiosities but most can go. Or I'll get a row.

Comment

Working...
              X