No announcement yet.

Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks to be related to server load and comes in bursts, I'm going to try going through the logs tonight and see if I can spot anything.

Comment

Thanks, Snake.

Comment

Hello, I'm getting the 'invalid page URL' message as well about 50% of the time I try to load a page, and again if I try to reload the page unless I wait a few minutes before reloading the page and then it works.

This isn't why I'm posting on this thread though, for the last few days I've been having a weird problem in Firefox 91.0 on Windows 10

Edit: ignore the second problem, logging out of my account and back in seems to have fixed it
        Last edited by Fussbudget; 27-02-2022, 16:03.

Comment

I have this weird bug when using the "ursus hack" in which occasionally (not often) someone will post a tweet and I'll see a totally different tweet (until I click on the thread, when the actual tweet posted becomes visible). It's not only the wrong tweet, but not even from the same author (and not from someone I follow on twitter) it's bizarre

Anyway here's a screenshot of one of these tines about 10 minutes ago
          Screenshot_2022-02-28-18-37-30-845_com.android.chrome.jpg

Comment

FWIW, it happens to me as well.

The same random tweet showed up on the landing page for me, only to "disappear" when I clicked through to the post.

Comment

Hmm.. that's going to be a fun one to figure out...

Comment

It is almost completely without consequence and should definitely not be a priority

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  It is almost completely without consequence and should definitely not be a priority
                  Yes I agree. I was more posting for the curiosity value of it

Comment

Just adding that I get the broken link error too. Ios as well.
                    It goes in phases but when it's bad it's very bad, but most of the time it's fine.

Comment

Yes, it's a timeout somewhere that I'm trying to catch in the act.

Comment

In a search, the 'Go to post' button works if I'm not logged in but not if I'm logged in - when it just takes me to the end of the thread rather than the specific post.

Consequently I can't reply to the posts I've searched for. A minor issue but one I thought I'd report.

Comment

Got this when I tried to quote in the mundane thread

Comment

OK, I think I've traced where some of these are coming from. It's the database dropping connections. Going to have a talk to Zen.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                              Got this when I tried to quote in the mundane thread

Yep, me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Yep, me too.
                                I was trying to quote you.

Comment

Oh - I have managed that one as well.

Comment

Got it again, trying to quote Antepli Ejderha..

I'm sure it's not a slight on either of us (but I could understand it if it was a slight on me, TBQFHWY).

Comment

Why do I see “invalid page URL” 75% of the time when I click on a link? It’s utterly infuriating, I don’t expect everybody to miss my spicy hot takes but if you wanted to know why I never post here anymore this is why.

Comment

I often get that from landing pages (ursus hack, Today's Posts, etc.) but not from posts themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                          Why do I see “invalid page URL” 75% of the time when I click on a link? It’s utterly infuriating, I don’t expect everybody to miss my spicy hot takes but if you wanted to know why I never post here anymore this is why.
                                          It's the ?gotonewpost extension causing the database connection to drop. I'm opening a ticket with vBulletin to look into it further.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

It's the ?gotonewpost extension causing the database connection to drop. I'm opening a ticket with vBulletin to look into it further.
                                            Great, thank you, it’s honestly made OTF unusable for me

Comment

I keep being logged out when using my mobile.

Comment

Don't know whether to report it here or even if it's worth reporting, but LNER wi-fi wouldn't let me on this site earlier today. Not secure and suspected phishing it said. Once I came out of their wi-fi it was fine.

Comment

That’s on LNER. We’re secured by SSL.

Comment

Just had the forbidden error again, on a thread I posted on previously.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X