Upgrade to 5.7.5 complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 5.7.5 complete

OK, I upgraded us to the latest version while I had the opportunity. Few bug fixes.

Polls and images still flaky though. I have an idea what it is now, which requires some fairly in-depth database fixes which I'm going to get via vBulletin.

Thanks a lot Snake Plissken

Comment

Should every post
      on version 5.7.5 take
      the form of haiku?

Comment

*applause*

Comment

Thank you Snake, for this and all your efforts.

The bots must make everything exponentially more difficult. I noticed over 2000 were on yesterday.

Comment

Thank you for everything Snake

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
              Thank you Snake, for this and all your efforts.

The bots must make everything exponentially more difficult. I noticed over 2000 were on yesterday.
              I've added the setting to block ChatGPT from crawling the site but they haven't said that when they will start honouring it. The other AI bots don't even give you the option.

Comment

Is it possible to put something like a reCAPTCHA on this domain? How much does that cost to do?

I imagine that folk would put up with a quick tick in the box check to keep the bots at bay, but less so the awful 'click on all the traffic lights' one.

Comment

Comment

The bots will scrape any content which doesn’t require registration which on OTF is everything apart from Backstage. To prevent it, I would have to put the entirety of OTF behind registration which is obviously a bad thing.

If I copied the entirety of YouTube then Google would claim copyright theft, yet all of OTF is fair game. Weird that, innit?

Comment

Working...
                    X