Upgrade to 5.7.4 completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 5.7.4 completed

OK, upgraded to 5.7.4. That was... not as simple as it could have been, but we're here.

Couple of things to bear in mind - search index might be rebuilt over the next day or so. Also, we are getting hammered by Guest users again. Likely to be spammers and search crawlers. This is also likely to be the cause of the recent timeouts. Going to see what I can do to bar them at source.

Cheers Snake Plissken . Amazing work as ever.

Comment

Aced it.

Comment

Fucking hell. We have over 5,000 Guests currently. And 4,500 of them are the fucking Googlebot.

Comment

That will be why we’ve had so many problems recently. Going to see if I can get Google to back off.

Comment

Thanks Snake Plissken

Comment

A couple of wires have come out of my phone and burrowed into my brain. Is this normal?

Comment

Yes. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Having problems adding a YouTube link on the Jazz thread this morning, Snake Plissken. Doing exactly as I usually do (the Post Link function), but getting an error message 'Please Complete All Required Fields'.

Comment

Post 1388 in Lolz nicked off Internet is visible to some but not to others Snake Plissken

Comment

Thanks Snake.

Comment

Originally posted by gjw100 View Post
                        Having problems adding a YouTube link on the Jazz thread this morning, Snake Plissken. Doing exactly as I usually do (the Post Link function), but getting an error message 'Please Complete All Required Fields'.
                        Can you try that one again, it seems to be working now.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                          Post 1388 in Lolz nicked off Internet is visible to some but not to others Snake Plissken
                          On you on a work/office machine rather than a personal one? A lot of images in that thread are blocked due to Imgur being barred by the web filters applied by work.

Comment

So, my experimentation on the lols thread suggests that the blue button in this picture functions, but the red one (the one I used to use to post pictures) doesn;t. At least for many people

(Watch how this photo now doesn't upload)

Comment

I think that it may depend on the source

If the original resides on one's device, one needs to use the camera icon

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                I think that it may depend on the source

If the original resides on one's device, one needs to use the camera icon
                                I've only ever used the other icon with pictures that I have had on my hard drive too.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Can you try that one again, it seems to be working now.
                                  Still not working I'm afraid, Snake. I've always used the button adjacent to the camera icon highlighted in blue in ad hoc's example. That allows a YouTube video clip to be embedded within the post that can then be viewed in situ as it were, without directing the user away from OTF. Anyway, I'm still getting the error message as in my previous post, and this is a method that I've probably used several thousand times without encountering any problems. As far as I can see the alternative method will still work (next to ad hoc's red highlight), but will only add the link rather than embedding the video, which is less satisfactory. Does that make sense?

Comment

This is what I get from using the "film strip" icon

Comment

I get this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsUHmeI2cUk from using the smaller link icon in the long menu bar.

Comment

What do you mean by the 'film strip' icon, ursus? I've always used the larger link button adjacent to the camera.

Comment

Right, got it. Although, unless I'm proved wrong as soon as i hit the 'post reply', I don't think this allows you to edit the video description in the same way that my usual method does. Here goes....

Comment

Well that appears to be OK. Thanks for the tip, ursus. Although it still doesn't solve the mystery of why my old method no longer works. On the plus side, Billy Cobham and George Duke might get a bigger audience now than they would have on the Jazz thread.

Comment

I'm going to go through the release notes and see things have changed with those icons.

Comment

Cheers, Snake. I worked in IT for nearly 30 years, so know only too well that sinking feeling you get when the morning after a new release the first user calls and tells you that X, Y or Z is no longer working.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

On you on a work/office machine rather than a personal one? A lot of images in that thread are blocked due to Imgur being barred by the web filters applied by work.
                                                  I'm on my Samsung phone using Chrome using home Internet.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X