Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I want a pizza?

It's a toughy.

I mean, I reckon I'm putting on weight, and I know deep down a pizza isn't a good idea. But then, you know, pizza.

And, having finished work two hours early (thanks to me turning off all the lights and locking the door), I plan to stay up all night playing XBOX and drinking beer. So pizza would be a handy addition to the festivities.

Decisions, decisions.

Do I want a pizza?

For me, pizza isn't usually a 'yes or no' thing, but a 'what kind?' thing.
    I can't see any reason why this shouldn't apply to you; weight be damned.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

Deep down, a pizza is not a good idea. Thin crust is best. Pass up the sausage and pepperoni and go for something like chicken, or no meat; then, dab each piece thoroughly with paper towels to get off the excess grease, and it's really not too unhealthy, apart from high sodium of course.

Presumably you've already ordered a pizza by now, and this advice is tragically too late.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

I imagine this thread will die, uselessly, as a nil thread. By the time the OTF cognoscenti get in touch the problem will be unsolveable, even for those freaks who live on that weird and scary crossword thread.

So, while I mull things over, I've ordered a 12" Meaty Jamboree (my title, not theirs). If I'm still hungry after that brain food, I'll get summat in. If not, well, there'll always be breakfast.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

Curse your slow fingers, Bruno. Curse them.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

Do you have a dog. You can give most of the meat to him. He can have a jamboree.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

EIM's misread that. It's Jamborarteree.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

The way I see it, the real dilemma is not the pizza, but what do you drink with it. I'm usually not a Coca Cola drinker, but with pizza it's perfect.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

Root beer rocks with pizza. Or beer beer.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

I went beer beer. Then beer beer beer beer. And now more beer.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

New York pizza's always have me waking up in the middle of the night needing to drink water. I mean there is too much sodium, and then absorbing half the liquid in my body once I have eaten it.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

Just to piss off FF this fine Monday morning, I'll gleefully restate my preference for pizza topped with pineapple. Yum yum and, indeed, yum.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

*Snorts derisively at your shit pizzas*

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

FREAK

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

*Especially G-Man's*

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

Seconded, as usual, G-Man. Pineapple, ham and perhaps even bacon.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

Pineapple isn't even edible, so why would you take up valuable meat room on your pizza with fruit?!

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

I've had only two pizzas ever in Italy; in Rome and in Padua. Both were very disappointing. Best pizzas I've ever had were in Germany.

There's a lovely Italian restaurant in Cape Town who make delicious pizzas. Rectangular, not round. The purists may scoff, but their pizza topped with ham, camembert and figs is quite sensational.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

I like a seafood pizza (with no cheese on the base, just a little parmesan sprinkled on top). I think they call it a Napolitana, or something. Just tomatoes, garlic, basil and oregano, and then as many fruits de mer as it's possible to cram onto the base. But not baby octopuses.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

I've had only two pizzas ever in Italy; in Rome and in Padua. Both were very disappointing. Best pizzas I've ever had were in Germany.
                                        *speechless*

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

You bastards. I now have a spectacular pizza craving.

Although I am definitely puritanical about toppings.

No seafood except anchovies.
                                          No fruit except tomatoes and olives.
                                          No chicken, ever.

As for G-Man, he lives in South Africa, where they think avocado is a pizza topping. Which is frankly so outlandishly wrong that you can basically ignore any South African resident's comments on the matter.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

QUOTE:

*speechless*
                                            Liq, there is a massive southern Italian community in Germany. These guys make their pizza like mama taught them. The best Greek food I've ever had wasn't in Greece, but also in Germany.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

The_Liquidator wrote:
                                              *speechless*
                                              Why? Pizza in Italy is usually not a meal, like we have taken it on here.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

Yes it is ganja, pizza is a full plate meal here more than it is anything else.

G-Man, I let you off for not saying Germans make better pizzas. But I've got my eye on you.

Comment

Do I want a pizza?

By the way, anything sweet on pizza, you should have all your kitchen knifes broken or bent.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X