Monday March 30th - London OTFers who like a drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is not only the birthday of one of my ex girlfriends (though sadly, while I can remember the date, I cannot remember which girlfriend it was), it is also the day that I would quite fancy a night out in London.

So, I know it's a school night and all, but if anyone's up for it, let me know. And, as usual, if anyone has a spare bit of floor on which I might kip, that would be a definite bonus.

And could someone let PG know, to see if he could make it?

Cheers

Good scheme. As things stand, I can see no obstacles preventing me being among those present..

Comment

I'm not sure I'll make it, as I have a dentist's appointment just a few hours beforehand. However, if there is no anaesthetic involved (with the dentist) I may well be up for it.

Comment

Just bumping this back up to the top. I know it's still more than a week away, but Andy C's going to be there. Come on people. Clear space in your diaries this instant.

Comment

I'll be there. I've got the next day off work so I really have no excuse.

Comment

Bumping this again before I go and cry in a corner about how nobody loves me.

So, anyone else? And can I crash at someone's place?

Comment

So, at the moment the rendezvous is specified as "London". I'd better wear a pink carnation or something so that you don't miss me, because it's quite a big place.

Comment

Any suggestions? So far we haven't acquired any of the anti-Sam Smiths brigade, so we could go with one of their pubs. Lyceum? (Is that what the one on the Strand is called?)

Comment

I think I've become one of the anti-Sam Smiths brigade as I really don't like their beer, but I'll go with the mood of the meeting.

Comment

As there is only 3 of us so far, DSS, I reckon you can have more of a say than that. Market Porter? Lamb?

Comment

ad hoc wrote:
                      Is not only the birthday of one of my ex girlfriends (though sadly, while I can remember the date, I cannot remember which girlfriend it was)...
                      Oooh, listen to him.

Comment

Being selfish, I'd prefer somewhere within striking distance of Waterloo.

Comment

That one the name of which escapes me, very close to Waterloo. Kings Arms (he says, fishing a vaguely possible sounding name from the depths of his memory)?

Comment

Your memory's doing pretty well for a Monday morning.

This'll do me all right, though I won't be able to get there until eight or so, so I probably shouldn't have such a big say in it.

Comment

Buy yourselves half a shandy and several straws between you, and celebrate my birthday will you lads? [and ladesses?]

Comment

I should be along. Near Waterloo is perfect for me.

Comment

I think the what the death of Jade Goody tells us about ourselves, as a nation, is that we're up for this on Monday, and that if we, as a nation, go straight from work, we'll be there from about 6-6.30. Although if everyone else is going to be a fair bit later than that, obviously we don't want to be sitting on our own in the pub too long, as a nation.

Comment

I'm afraid I can't make this because I, as a nation, am off on holiday to another nation, Spain, the following morning. What this tells us about both me as a nation and them as a nation I will report back, having doubtless discovered some profound truths about myself and others as a nation.

Comment

The nation of me can be there at or just after 6ish, ANM

Comment

Damn-nation. One nation an't make it, sorry.

Comment

You'll be there in our imagi-nation, Bill.

Comment

In the post-twitter age it's somewhat archaic for us As An Online Community to be arranging social gatherings in such a dying redundant medium.

Comment

What Would Jade Do?

Comment

Just bringing this back to the top one last time in the hope that someone says "Oh, I forgot to mention, of course you can kip on my floor/sofa/spare bed". I'm housetrained, and can easily be out of your hair early in the morning if need be.

Comment

If I get sent up to London for the Sinead O'Connor gig, I might be able to join you all for an early one beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X