Well, this is very bad indeed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenwald further skewers Ambinder over that piece.

There's an absolute peach of a closing shot, too;

UPDATE: Or, to put all of this much more succinctly -- from a recent interview with Marc Ambinder (h/t Jim White):

Q. What single person played the biggest role / had the biggest influence on your journalism career?

MA: Mark Halperin.

That explains absolutely everything.
    There's no reason here the Obama administration couldn't simply have asked for more time to review the procedure. Instead, they've provisionally endorsed it. That's just craven.

Comment

Not Good.

Comment

I've been meaning to post on this general topic for the last week, but it deserves a more thorough treatment than I've had time to give it. Ed Brayton has been tracking it very closely, however, as has Glenn, I'm sure.

Comment

It is indeed highly distressing, and a lot of us are still waiting for any meaningful attempt at an explanation.

Comment

Are us naysayers allowed to say 'HA, I told you so' before we're all melted down in Obama's war on nervousness, or whatever this instalment is called?

Comment

A great result in the 9th Circuit the other day, which effectively ruled that the government can't claim state secrets privilege over an entire suit, only pieces of evidence.

Comment

Working...
              X